PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's Why Indy's Loss was HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if they lose this week ( a strong possibility) vs Seattle....I do believe there might be a little panic in Indy.....
What got me was Dungy's comments after the game, talking about a perfect season and perfect that....I'm sorry I thought winning the Super Bowl was the objective and I didn't hear him mention that once.....
Oh and if they do lose vs the "Hawks their record will be at best the same as the '03 and '04 Pats.......
Just my $0.02,

Patsfanin Philly said:
and if they lose this week ( a strong possibility) vs Seattle....I do believe there might be a little panic in Indy.....
What got me was Dungy's comments after the game, talking about a perfect season and perfect that....I'm sorry I thought winning the Super Bowl was the objective and I didn't hear him mention that once.....
Oh and if they do lose vs the "Hawks their record will be at best the same as the '03 and '04 Pats.......
Just my $0.02,

I don't think so. Now the Colts have nothing to play for in the regular season, so wins and losses are meaningless. Their playoff position is locked up and the undefeated season stuff is out of the way. The only thing left to do is get ready for the playoffs try to get healthy. The reason Dungy was talking about the perfect season stuff is because that is what everyone was asking him about. In case you missed it Tony was talking about getting to the Super Bowl all along before the loss. He said there are no rings for a perfect season.

colttales said:
I tried to get on your site yesterday but was unable...I cannot believe how you guys are reacting to this game..it is what it is..one loss...if you think that just because they did not get the perfect season..they are going to run off and give up..I do not think that will happen..the loss is actually a blessing in disguise or a wake up call...Manning played with heart and I was proud of him especially since his o-line never showed up...and I am sure that will be addressed...The Colts were lucky not to have him injured..he is not Tom Brady who can play as the walking wounded and still take a team apart..but he is no slouch..I think that there were some winnable plays but Coach Dungy is the bad guy for bad play calling..plus the Chargers had to have that game and they wanted it more..so the better team that day won.(See any given Sunday Rule) The Colts have no option but to win this year anything else is a failure..as I said in an earlier post we do not fear any team..we fear the salary cap.

I'll tell you why this type of reaction is not out of the rhealm of reasonableness: For the last several weeks, I've heard so many talking heads saying 'Indy WILL go undefeated, because this team is different than all the others that couldn't go to the extra level'.

The fact that Indy failed is not a small thing. Yes, if I was a Colts fan, I'd also say "It's just one game". But, this simplistic response misses the point that Indy could have made a statement, and again DIDN'T!

Bostonian1962 said:
I'll tell you why this type of reaction is not out of the rhealm of reasonableness: For the last several weeks, I've heard so many talking heads saying 'Indy WILL go undefeated, because this team is different than all the others that couldn't go to the extra level'.

The fact that Indy failed is not a small thing. Yes, if I was a Colts fan, I'd also say "It's just one game". But, this simplistic response misses the point that Indy could have made a statement, and again DIDN'T!

I'm not buying that. If they situation were reversed and the Pats were the ones trying to go undefeated, you guys would react the same way as Colts' fans are now. At this point the regular season means nothing, it's all about the playoffs and Super Bowl. I think Indy has made a statement, 14 teams have lined up against them and they have beaten 13 of them.

You could say that the Pats had a chance to make a statement earlier this season against the Colts, saying that no mater what they own the Colts, but they didn't. I'm not saying that to try to be a troll, I just saying it to show you how silly it is to say the Colts failed to make a statement.

Last edited:
Patsfanin Philly said:

IMO, the Colts might not win another game this year......Seahawks need to win next week at home...Week 17 might have Indy resting its starters....then they face a potential nemesis in 2nd round of the playoffs.

they DID made a statement... THEY CAN LOOSE AT HOME!!!

Now do you believe the team that plays them during the playoffs will be intimidated?

Bostonian1962 said:
So, with three games to go in the regular season, they are set with having to win each to go undefeated in the regular season. What do they do? They lose by 9 at HOME. They couldn't win THE big game.

I felt if the still showed they couldn't (and no beating the decimated Patriots in mid-season was not a big game), they never could.

It was a huge loss for so many reasons, and just says alot about their make-up.

LOL, that's funny. Once again, it was a BIG GAME only because they lost. If they would have won, people on here would have said it didn't matter. Which it didn't. The Colts had nothing to play for, and it showed. They have had many more important games than that one this year. To suggest that this game was bigger than New England, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, or even Baltimore is ludicrous.

I'm not upset about it because it takes the pressure off the next two weeks. They can play it to do what is best to help them get to the ultimate goal, the Superbowl. Just as the Pats will be doing the next two weeks.

maxhagen said:
they DID made a statement... THEY CAN LOOSE AT HOME!!!

Now do you believe the team that plays them during the playoffs will be intimidated?

Are you saying only teams that are undefeated at home are intimidating?

Hok said:
The funniest shot from the whole game was the dopey looking Colts fan in a jester hat staring wide-eyed at the Brackett INT for about 20 seconds.

Anyone else see this weirdo?

on work release from the local prison...

Nice spin. It doesn't matter? If they had won, all the colts fans would be talking about the greatest team ever. There have been several colts fans on this board that were already talking about the perfect season, and this team being the greatest ever. Now all you have is just a great regular season record, and no bragging rights. Also, don't tell me that this didn't mean anything to the Colts, they were desperately trying to win this game at the end. The game might have been more important to the Chargers, but it meant an awful lot to the Colts.

coltshater said:
Nice spin. It doesn't matter? If they had won, all the colts fans would be talking about the greatest team ever. There have been several colts fans on this board that were already talking about the perfect season, and this team being the greatest ever. Now all you have is just a great regular season record, and no bragging rights. Also, don't tell me that this didn't mean anything to the Colts, they were desperately trying to win this game at the end. The game might have been more important to the Chargers, but it meant an awful lot to the Colts.

Either way, it would have meant nothing if the Colts lose in the playoffs. I don't care about bragging rights, only the Superbowl. The Colts have had a great regular season so far, it would have been greater had they won this. That's all it really changes. Still, that is not as important as winning the Superbowl.

maxhagen said:
they DID made a statement... THEY CAN LOSE AT HOME!!!

Amen to that.

But the Patriots already know that. The very last time we played there, we won ... in epic fashion. The Stand. Plus, quite a few before that.

It pains me that Pats fans ... who have drained a full chalice of disappointment over the years ... seem so gleeful to dance on other fans' faces. Colts fans are reg'lar folks too, ya know.

Besides, they still are as likely as we are to be celebrating in February.

colttales said:
I tried to get on your site yesterday but was unable...I cannot believe how you guys are reacting to this game..it is what it is..one loss...if you think that just because they did not get the perfect season..they are going to run off and give up..I do not think that will happen..the loss is actually a blessing in disguise or a wake up call...Manning played with heart and I was proud of him especially since his o-line never showed up...and I am sure that will be addressed...The Colts were lucky not to have him injured..he is not Tom Brady who can play as the walking wounded and still take a team apart..but he is no slouch..I think that there were some winnable plays but Coach Dungy is the bad guy for bad play calling..plus the Chargers had to have that game and they wanted it more..so the better team that day won.(See any given Sunday Rule) The Colts have no option but to win this year anything else is a failure..as I said in an earlier post we do not fear any team..we fear the salary cap.

Fear This.............http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=9890

workhorse said:
I'm not buying that. If they situation were reversed and the Pats were the ones trying to go undefeated, you guys would react the same way as Colts' fans are now. At this point the regular season means nothing, it's all about the playoffs and Super Bowl. I think Indy has made a statement, 14 teams have lined up against them and they have beaten 13 of them.

You could say that the Pats had a chance to make a statement earlier this season against the Colts, saying that no mater what they own the Colts, but they didn't. I'm not saying that to try to be a troll, I just saying it to show you how silly it is to say the Colts failed to make a statement.

What about that statement they made in Miami last year.

But then it was.....

Oh, we didn't need the game.

Murphys95 said:
The two comments which stand out in my mind are,

1. Deirdorf calling the Colts receivers the "toughest" in the league, always fighting for the extra yard, never taking a dive. That was just flat out absurd.

2. The announcement that the Colts haven't had a pass interference call on them all season. Wow. That's a streak more impressive than 13 straight wins. Hmmm.

I kind of liked the ESPN Prime Time crew applauding at the end, and saying it was the best story of the season.....

I can't believe it beat out Bruschi's return, or Tom is Sports Illustrated Man of the Year. Or Ellis Hobbs one legged roomate speaks out.

Tony Collins said:
What about that statement they made in Miami last year.

But then it was.....

Oh, we didn't need the game.

Keep telling yourself we didn't need the game, we didn't need the game, we didn't need the game, we didn't need the game... You might actually convince yourself, but everyone here knows better. Your going to be 15-1 at best, and didn't that happen just last year, and didn't that team have home advantage throughout the playoffs. What was the name that team again? I can't remember since they didn't make the super bowl. :bricks:

Enough already Tony Collins. You have overstayed your welcome and it's time for you to go back to your own board.

You are a Hayseed and you are so envious of the Patriots and their fans that is is killing you. That's why you hang around here. But I can't say I blame you, After all, you:

Live in Indiana

Root for a team owned by someone who is going to leave you as soon as he gets a better offer. Anaheim Colts has a nice ring to it huh?

Root for a team composed of players that don't want to be there (Edge) and have no respect for you as fans (Manning). Take a look at Peyton's Mastercard ads. He is openly mocking you pack of hicks. For all of the debate over who is better; Manning or Brady, you never hear one thing about what type of guy Peyton is, only that we prepares real hard. Must be fun to cheer for a robot. C-3P0 the QB.

Rooting for the Colts seems like a joyless enterprise and it's no wonder you and the rest of Mayberry like to hang around this board to see how the cool kids act. It's flattering for sure, but it's become boring. Run along now.

jimmyjames said:
Enough already Tony Collins. You have overstayed your welcome and it's time for you to go back to your own board.

You are a Hayseed and you are so envious of the Patriots and their fans that is is killing you. That's why you hang around here. But I can't say I blame you, After all, you:

Live in Indiana

Root for a team owned by someone who is going to leave you as soon as he gets a better offer. Anaheim Colts has a nice ring to it huh?

Root for a team composed of players that don't want to be there (Edge) and have no respect for you as fans (Manning). Take a look at Peyton's Mastercard ads. He is openly mocking you pack of hicks. For all of the debate over who is better; Manning or Brady, you never hear one thing about what type of guy Peyton is, only that we prepares real hard. Must be fun to cheer for a robot. C-3P0 the QB.

Rooting for the Colts seems like a joyless enterprise and it's no wonder you and the rest of Mayberry like to hang around this board to see how the cool kids act. It's flattering for sure, but it's become boring. Run along now.

1. Wrong. Don't live in Indy
2. Wrong. Colts signed a 30 year lease.
3. Wrong. Wrong. I love rooting for the Colts.

Hold on a second...... This is a cool board? Let me clean my monitor. Almost tossed lunch on it.

I'm not really interested in what kind of guy Peyton is. He is a class act , the Colts are better with him thn without him, and Patriot fans are just plissed that Brady is not as popular. Oh, I know he's the man.

Tony Collins said:
Patriot fans are just plissed that Brady is not as popular. Oh, I know he's the man.

Brady does not need or want the "popularity". He has the HARDWARE to back up his TEAM achievements. I can't say the same for a certain other nameless QB who can put up impressive stats, but who throughout his collegiate and pro career has NO tangibles to show for it. You see, the Pats don't care for the "popularity contests". They pursue and win the things that matter (ie Lombardi Trophies). Do you think Brady cares that he does not have 50 TD's in a season? I doubt that he does.

EZ76

Last edited:
Tony Collins said:
1. Wrong. Don't live in Indy
2. Wrong. Colts signed a 30 year lease.
3. Wrong. Wrong. I love rooting for the Colts.

Hold on a second...... This is a cool board? Let me clean my monitor. Almost tossed lunch on it.

I'm not really interested in what kind of guy Peyton is. He is a class act , the Colts are better with him thn without him, and Patriot fans are just plissed that Brady is not as popular. Oh, I know he's the man.

1) No one cares where you live in all actuality.
2) Yes, the Colts signed a 30 year lease. But, its pretty sad that they haven't sold out every game this year.
3) Great. You love rooting for the Colts. Why do you have the screen name of a former Patriots player? Just to rile up Pats fans?

Pats fans aren't upset that Brady isn't as "popular" as Manning. I think it would be a toss-up in all actuality. The problem that Pats fans have is that Brady doesn't get they respect he should. Manning is "given respect" just because he has put up obscene numbers and shown no respect for other teams on the field. Manning is an egotist. And it showed last night and in other games when he has tried to tell the Refs how to do their job. Manning is so full of himself that he feels he knows more than his coaches. And he doesn't. And its that egotism that has caused Manning to FAIL more often than not against the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back