PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's Why Indy's Loss was HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As the world knows Peyton Manning/Indy have been marked with the label of not winning the big game. Peyton could not beat FLA at Tenn., and we all know his history in the pro's.

So, with three games to go in the regular season, they are set with having to win each to go undefeated in the regular season. What do they do? They lose by 9 at HOME. They couldn't win THE big game.

I felt if the still showed they couldn't (and no beating the decimated Patriots in mid-season was not a big game), they never could.

It was a huge loss for so many reasons, and just says alot about their make-up.

Could very well be. The pressure is building and this is a Must-Win-the-SB year for the Colts. There were some very familiar facial expressions and fits by Paidton yesterday.

Last edited:
CTPatsFan said:
Could very well be. The pressure is building and this is a Must-Win-the-SB for the Colts. There were some very familiar facial expressions and fits by Paidton yesterday.

manning.jpg
a_manning2_412.jpg

t1_peyton_pats_si.jpg
002.jpg

Last edited:
I have never, ever seen Manning hit that much. It was great. I bet Ernie Adams has watched the tape of that 2-3 times already as I type this. The other coaches will be able to take care of the preparations for Jacksonville - Adams will be spending 3 weeks now on Indy, I'd bet my life on it. Between the soft rush and coverage we often play against Indy and the successful blitzes SD had yesterday we'll have a myriad of options to mix and match. Oh, and we have more pass rushers now that last year having, in essence, replaced TJ/Phifer with Colvin.

So did anyone else puke (literally) when the announcers had the discussion about how Harrison ran his pattern 12 yards when he needed 11 and ended the thought with "aren't they briliant".

:eek: :bricks:

The Hartford Courant had a classic pic of the crowd in the closing minutes, some chick wiping a tear from her eye and the rest with vacant stares. Wish it were online.

Cripes, it's one loss. Suck it up!

BelichickFan said:
So did anyone else puke (literally) when the announcers had the discussion about how Harrison ran his pattern 12 yards when he needed 11 and ended the thought with "aren't they briliant".

tose tow guys couldnt stop talking about how good Marvin Harrsion and Peyotn Mannuing were it was so annoying

CTPatsFan said:
Cripes, it's one loss. Suck it up!
But they were going for history - an undefeated season was rightfully theirs :D

The funniest shot from the whole game was the dopey looking Colts fan in a jester hat staring wide-eyed at the Brackett INT for about 20 seconds.

Anyone else see this weirdo?

Hok said:
The funniest shot from the whole game was the dopey looking Colts fan in a jester hat staring wide-eyed at the Brackett INT for about 20 seconds.

Anyone else see this weirdo?

yeah he just looked dumb

BelichickFan said:

The Colts ball washing by Dierdorf and Enberg was unbelievable. I thought I was listening to IndyStar announce the game. At one point one of them even SCREAMED touch down on a ball that went right through the Colt's receiver's hands. I muted the TV more than once. If I was watching it alone I would have left the sound off.

Michael said:
The Colts ball washing by Dierdorf and Enberg was unbelievable. I thought I was listening to IndyStar announce the game. At one point one of them even SCREAMED touch down on a ball that went right through the Colt's receiver's hands. I muted the TV more than once. If I was watching it alone I would have left the sound off.

i know it was just unbelivable it's like if the Colts were god they would eb the Flanders they just couldnt get of Manning and Harrison's balls

uh-uh

BelichickFan said:
no, BF, to me that's the whole point.
ya gotta DO IT, not come close, for it to be "rightfully yours". and once you do, it's yours forever.
i think it was bill walsh who said that people just don't realize how hard it is to win an nfl football game.
an undefeated season in the nfl is more than a remarkaable achievement, it's beyond that. i don't have the appropriate word.
i saw the dolphin's undefeated season. by mid-season people everywhere were rooting against them. every team brought its AA game to try and stop this. the media (such as it was, nothing like this 24-hour thing today) talked about it all the time. they were asked about it all the time.
and the dolphins kept winnining, every gaame exponentially more pressure-filled than the one before.
most of the late-season games,as i recall, werent that close. they were a small team, but they dominated.
the dolts fans seem to want an advance on everything. they want an undefeated season before they get it. ol' peyton wants greatness before he earns it. the dolts wnat a SB victory BEFORE THEY EVEN WIN AN AFC CHAMPIONSHIP, for chrissakes.
the more ya whine, the more comtemptible it becomes. did joe frazier whine? did the lakers of the '60s whine? did the buffalo bills whine, the minnesota vikings? GROW UP, DANG IT!

I tried to get on your site yesterday but was unable...I cannot believe how you guys are reacting to this game..it is what it is..one loss...if you think that just because they did not get the perfect season..they are going to run off and give up..I do not think that will happen..the loss is actually a blessing in disguise or a wake up call...Manning played with heart and I was proud of him especially since his o-line never showed up...and I am sure that will be addressed...The Colts were lucky not to have him injured..he is not Tom Brady who can play as the walking wounded and still take a team apart..but he is no slouch..I think that there were some winnable plays but Coach Dungy is the bad guy for bad play calling..plus the Chargers had to have that game and they wanted it more..so the better team that day won.(See any given Sunday Rule) The Colts have no option but to win this year anything else is a failure..as I said in an earlier post we do not fear any team..we fear the salary cap.

The two comments which stand out in my mind are,

1. Deirdorf calling the Colts receivers the "toughest" in the league, always fighting for the extra yard, never taking a dive. That was just flat out absurd.

2. The announcement that the Colts haven't had a pass interference call on them all season. Wow. That's a streak more impressive than 13 straight wins. Hmmm.

colttales said:
we do not fear any team

there is one team that you guys fear if you meet them in the Playoffs and that us you beat us in the regualr Season but so did Pittsburgh and look what happend to them..............................

BelichickFan said:

Patently absurd!!!

If you're walking down the street and happen to see a Hummer H3 that you like, do you therefore decide it is rightfully yours? Only if you go out and do something about it. The key rests with you doing.

Only then can you say it is rightfully yours.

You want to annoint the King before he has shown us he can rule? Maybe you do, but the rest of us don't. We already pay homage to a King who has shown over a long period of time that he's more than capable of ruling.

Further, this King ran off a streak of 21 straight, and still did not claim greatness until the treasure was secured for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Given the long succession of tomato cans put before the Colts, it'll be at least 2 months before you can convince me, or anyone else here, that the Colts rightfully deserve anything.

Patriotic Fervor said:
Patently absurd!!!
I was joking. I thought that was obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes