PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's to our 'aging linebackers'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafu

On the Roster
Reaction score
Our defense was very good. All year they played were the weak link on our team. Today, they really showed up when we needed them. Everytime, the Chargers got a momentum changing TO, our defense shut them down.

6 field goals in the last 6 quarters in the play-offs. You kidding me?

On to Arizona..:D :rocker:

Last edited:
Did you hear Harrison? "Not bad for a bunch of 30-year-old washed up old guys, huh?"

Bruschi was everywhere tonight. He's had quite the bounce back season, imo.

It's amazing every week these guys can get out of their wheelchairs and walkers and go out there and make plays like that

I never doubted that Bruschi and Seau would play this well if they stayed healthy.

I just had a lot of doubt about them staying healthy.

I'm glad they -- and Vrabel and AD -- held up.

We need them back next year, and we need a sixth good LB -- or a fifth and sixth if Colvin surprises me and doesn't negotiate an affordable extension.

Last edited:
I must give my props to my man Seau. The guy played great today with a sack and a huge 3 and 1 stop inside the 5. The guy is a warrior and played his guts out for years whether with the Chargers whether they were winning or 1-15. If it couldn't be us, I hope he wins one with you guys, especially if it's against Eli.

Experience trumps youth...YES

I must give my props to my man Seau. The guy played great today with a sack and a huge 3 and 1 stop inside the 5. The guy is a warrior and played his guts out for years whether with the Chargers whether they were winning or 1-15. If it couldn't be us, I hope he wins one with you guys, especially if it's against Eli.

Nice post. The look on Seau's face after the game was a beautiful thing to see, he deserves this!

I hope we win this for guys like Maroney, Seau, Moss and the others on the team that haven't got a ring.

SDNotATroll, I can understand why you guys are ****y all the time. You have some great talent on your team. Looks like we will be seeing a three-way rivalry in the future between the Pats, Colts & Chargers. Good luck.

I hope we win this for guys like Maroney, Seau, Moss and the others on the team that haven't got a ring.

SDNotATroll, I can understand why you guys are ****y all the time. You have some great talent on your team. Looks like we will be seeing a three-way rivalry in the future between the Pats, Colts & Chargers. Good luck.

I hope so. I like what I saw today from both teams. For me, the best part of the game was it was a clean, physical, no BS game. There were no controversial calls, not too much trash talking...just straight up solid football. It was a good game to watch and it's a step in the right direction for SD.

Bruschi had some big plays, Seau had a huge goalline stop, and Vrable was pressuring Rivers off the edge almost at will, all game long!

Very nice play indeed.

As a drunk guy:

JR earned every part of this and wanted it more than anyone else IMO, that tackle on Turner on 3rd down said it all.

A younger Bruschi picks the ball off on the goal line, but the Older Bruschi simply causes an Incomplete. The terrors of our elders.

The entire defense especially the LB's are the reason why we still have a game to play!

THANK YOU!!

yep, they are too old and slow :rolleyes:

Rock on boys, on to the superbowl

I am as happy as everyone else with their aply BUT
lets get 1 rookie LB next draft please to groom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes