PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here we go again. Points analysis for Colts/NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the game earlier this year, the Pats CBs were playing well off the WRs for the entire first half and Manning killed them. Also, there was very little of Colts-killer Jarvis Green to be seen through 2.5 quarters. Once the Pats played more bump-and-run and Green was used more, the D started playing much better. If the D played that way the entire game, the outcome would have been different despite the odd pass-heavy offense the Pats ran that day.

Belichick was outcoached on both sides of the ball that day. I'll be shocked if that happens twice in one season against the same opponent.

Regards,
Chris

Duly noted. My buddy and I noticed the same thing. We were screaming at the TV to get the corners up, but NE didn't seem to hear us. There was one play in particular that Samuel was at least 10 yards off of Wayne on a 3rd and 5 (thankfully nobody on Indy noticed it and they ran a long developing play that fell incomplete). I think that the Jets noticed NE's conservative play and exposed it the following week.

I have to assume that it was a combination of the loss of Harrison and lack of confidence in Sanders that precipitated the soft coverage. Considering the secondary's recent play, I will be very surprised if NE plays that soft this time.

A few points from the other side...

If that front line of the Patriots can get pressure on Peyton without having to blitz, this game is over. Manning has problems against defenses that dont have to blitz to bring the pressure. This allowed the LBs to drop into coverage and take away his "Dink and Dunks" to Clark, Utech, Addai, etc..

Addai's injury concerns me. I know he'll be ready to play but how effective? Dominc Rhodes is good as a change of pace back but if he has to carry the load, i'll be worried.

Diva Marv in January is as useless as tits on a bull. If I had to guess, he'll have a few catches for about 40 yards. Maybe a fumble or two. Wayne is the guy you have to gameplan and watch out for.

A few points from the other side...

If that front line of the Patriots can get pressure on Peyton without having to blitz, this game is over. Manning has problems against defenses that dont have to blitz to bring the pressure. This allowed the LBs to drop into coverage and take away his "Dink and Dunks" to Clark, Utech, Addai, etc..

Addai's injury concerns me. I know he'll be ready to play but how effective? Dominc Rhodes is good as a change of pace back but if he has to carry the load, i'll be worried.

Diva Marv in January is as useless as tits on a bull. If I had to guess, he'll have a few catches for about 40 yards. Maybe a fumble or two. Wayne is the guy you have to gameplan and watch out for.

NE got good pressure on Manning last time without blitzing much and he ate them up. That is why I think he played so exceptionally.

Addai or no Addai, I don't think any Indy RB is going to decide this game.

I hear what you say about Harrison, but he has played too well the last two matchups for me to have anything bad to say about him.

NE got good pressure on Manning last time without blitzing much and he ate them up. That is why I think he played so exceptionally.

Addai or no Addai, I don't think any Indy RB is going to decide this game.

I hear what you say about Harrison, but he has played too well the last two matchups for me to have anything bad to say about him.

I dont think he played all that great. The boxscore makes it look better than it was. I re-watched the game today and he was doing his happy feet dance the majority of the time. The Pats CB's couldn't cover anybody.

Addai will be a factor if he's healthy enough.

So Manning's playoff suckness is okay to factor in but Marvins isn't?

I dont think he played all that great. The boxscore makes it look better than it was. I re-watched the game today and he was doing his happy feet dance the majority of the time. The Pats CB's couldn't cover anybody.
QUOTE]

I thought Harrison killed us by all those catches with his fingertips and that ability to stay inbounds during the touchdown....but you might know better since you just watched the game again.

Also, wanted to take the opportunity to tell you guys about my respect for your QB. Immediately after your loss in the AFC championship @ Foxboro a few years ago, I posted on other sites about how classy Manning was in patiently addressing question upon question on how/why they lost to the Pats. Manning was unbelievably calm and gracious in his replies and gave a lot of respect to the Pats and how he screwed up. Watching the 'classy' players on the Bolts react to their failure makes my appreciation for Manning go up even further.

I would love to say Good Luck but I need it all for my Pats to win!

Cheers!

GO PATS!!

Addai will be a factor if he's healthy enough.

So Manning's playoff suckness is okay to factor in but Marvins isn't?

I will take your word for Manning's happy feet, but I still went away more impressed with hjim than I had ever been before.

I'm not sure where I factored Manning's playoff failings into my analysis anywhere. If anything, I am saying that I don't expect another bad game.

Gentleman, one thing I noticed and correct me if I am wrong? Manning had tons of pressure during the game against us and at one point threw a pass into the middle of the field that had both Clark and Harrison in which Clark caught the ball. I think we will place a CB (Scott) over Clark like we did in the SD game and if the play a two-TE formation put the LB over the other TE. I believe that we will shut down the dinks and dunks to the TE's.

Concerning our last game, we played against a very fast, very physical team with the best RB in the game and won with three T.O. to boot. I believe our match up will favor us. Someone mention earlier that the Colts faced two offenses that really didn't have a good games. The Chiefs look like they ran it on every down never spread them out and really didn't get it's offense going until the third quarter (but even that was terrible). The Ravens.... well let’s face it they have been having problems for years with that offense, especially when you consider that their head coach is a former OC.

We are battle tested having to play against a team that new us very well (J-E-T-S) and a team (SD) that most people thought would go to the SuperBowl. I don't think the Patriots will have any problem with energy, assignments and will play there best ball in this game. Pressure falls squarely on the Colts to win this one. One side note, the AFC championship games we have never lost. Colts understand to how to step up their game in the playoffs, but have lost twice in the AFCCG. I don't think they do it here, the Pressure, Poise, and Patriots will be their three P’s to defeat. I believe Manning will get to the SuperBowl eventually but they will go around us not through us. We are in their collective minds, its already started just recently Manning himself declared that when he wins or lose it’s a team that wins and loses and want’s the media to know that. His GM is complaining about the Ref’s in the last game they play against the Ravens and his coach was hoping to play at home for the crowd. Why would all these questions and statements come up now? Things to contemplate on.:rolleyes:

In conclusion the difference between the two QB’s and these teams is this; When Brady has something happen he is upset with himself and goes back to correct it or the team corrects it. When Manning has something bad happen he is throwing his arms, shaking his head, pointing and looking very suicidal walking off the field and blaming others. I don’t think I have ever seen Brady or the team throw people under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back