PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here we go again - "Pats look vulnerable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10589351

Yet there is a caveat to all this greatness talk.

This is New England's fourth Super Bowl appearance in seven years, but this particular Patriots edition, despite its massive star power, might be the most vulnerable of them all.

no team is not vulnerable to something, just that the patriots are vulnerable to much less than everyone else

The columnist fails to explain why the Patriots are so vulnerable.

Too bad the Colts, Chargers, and Jags are all better than the Giants. I am a nervous freak even when our team is undefeated (as my posts attest to) but I have absolutely no fear of the Giants. They've had a good season and they should be proud of that but they played their asses off on us in week 17 when we weren't expecting a real game and we still won. This game will be the Pats most decisive SB win yet.

Well, you have to admit, Brady played his one stinker game of the year. I think that's the story the national media will pick up on (they love to see the hero fail). But they'll overlook the awesome effort put up by the D.

Well, you have to admit, Brady played his one stinker game of the year. I think that's the story the national media will pick up on (they love to see the hero fail). But they'll overlook the awesome effort put up by the D.

The sign of a truly great team is their ability to adjust. This offense will go down in history as the best ever because of their passing ability. Brady has a lousy game and this historic passing game was ineffective because of it.
So what does greatness do??
They abandon their historic passing game, let's repeat that, they abandon their historically good passing offense and turn themselves into a power running team and win the game. The Charger game showed just how Invulnerable this team is. They're unbelievable!!

the only thing that is vulnerable is the idiotic, bored press who are trying to make a story out of nothing.. it is about attracting other bored readers who want to make something out of nothing.

What does this writer think the Charger's were? That wasn't some scrub team we beat yesterday. That secondary came as advertised and come on they beat the Colts twice in a season. We did what we had to do to win the game. I guess that it wasn't pretty enough for him. :rolleyes:

Thank you. Weird article in that the Pats are "the most vulnerable" while being "The greatest sports team. Period."

Just a jag writer looking for an attention-getting headline, it seems. :rolleyes:

Complete STUPIDITY! The writer not only fails to outline why we are vulnerable, he exposes his shallow knowledge by really just regurgitating every NFL TV Analyst like the HATER Meril Hodge's talking point from this past season. Let me guess his next column will probably use the tired they have a "BLUEPRINT" on how to beat the Patriots line. Everything is cool however Patriots Nation. Sit back and smile at the most certain barage of media negativity that we will be forced to listen too over the next 2 weeks. Who Cares? Were going to the SUPERBOWL! GO PATS!

The Pats ARE vulnerable - is there anyone who thinks they are a lock to win?

This game is anyone's to win. I doubt you'd find anyone in the locker room who feels differently.

It's precisely because the players don't subscribe too message board thinking that they are invulnerable that they likely will win.

Thank you. Weird article in that the Pats are "the most vulnerable" while being "The greatest sports team. Period."

Just a jag writer looking for an attention-getting headline, it seems. :rolleyes:

just like the idiot K from Indy few yrs ago said "Pats are ripe for picking". LOL

He kind of did, by saying Brady was limping noticably after the game and during the game, his leg or something like that... The only 2 things that might have effected Brady were Id say a good Chargers defense, and he might MIGHT have had the flu ..

It's a bit of an odd column--doesn't really seem to track. It's not really terrible, though.....not everybody's a great writer.

The Patriots are not unstoppable, but unstopped; not unbeatable, but unbeaten; not undefeatable, but undefeated.

The sign of a truly great team is their ability to adjust. This offense will go down in history as the best ever because of their passing ability. Brady has a lousy game and this historic passing game was ineffective because of it.
So what does greatness do??
They abandon their historic passing game, let's repeat that, they abandon their historically good passing offense and turn themselves into a power running team and win the game. The Charger game showed just how Invulnerable this team is. They're unbelievable!!

That's pretty much how I see it. For years this dynasty has survived on the fact of adaptability, not dominance. The acquisition of tools that sometimes allow dominance does not suddenly make adaptability go ::poof::, regardless of the national media's fondest wishes.

Yep, we're beatable. We're the most beatable team that's ever played pro football... except for every other team that's ever played pro football.

PFnV

No, no, no. He's not saying the Patriots ARE vulnerable, he's saying they LOOK vulnerable. ;)

Last edited:
Whoever wrote that must be a Patriots hater and never been watching football in his life.

After watching all the teams played in the playoffs, team expected to win and team that not expected to win and it turned out one hell of a big disappointment for them... i must see the Patriots are the most well coached and disciplined team ever built to play in playoffs. The players knows what they are supposed to do they know their responsibilities, and and didn't mistake like some them other teams did. The experienced of players, a great QB, and an awesome coach which made such an enjoyable and a great pleasures to watched them playing.

Any writer, sport analyst, and someone who doesn't like the Patriots and think they still "vulnerable" thus far is just all about jealousy, idiotic, and their team suck like a homeless desperate hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots