PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here to pay respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Pats fan was rooting for the Seabirds since the 2012 season when my man Wilson got the start. Like the D and the coach. Love the divisional battles with SF.

I think Seattle has this coming season as their best shot before success raises the cost of retaining every player. Best wishes except possibly in one game.

Russell Wilson is the only non-Patriot jersey I have ever bought. The Seahawks are a blast to watch and IMO if there ever is to be the next Brady, Wilson is the guy.

GratefulOne, the current Seahawks team as constructed has a shot at 16-0 in 2014 if Harvin stays healthy and they fix the right side of the OL. If Wilson takes another step, they would field a top 5 offense and the #1 defense in the league. I'll be surprised if they don't get the #1 seed and return to the Superbowl next season.

Russell Wilson is the only non-Patriot jersey I have ever bought. The Seahawks are a blast to watch and IMO if there ever is to be the next Brady, Wilson is the guy.

GratefulOne, the current Seahawks team as constructed has a shot at 16-0 in 2014 if Harvin stays healthy and they fix the right side of the OL. If Wilson takes another step, they would field a top 5 offense and the #1 defense in the league. I'll be surprised if they don't get the #1 seed and return to the Superbowl next season.

That's a huge stretch.

Seahawks are a great team no doubt, but they play the in the hardest division in football. Not to mention, they're gonna get every teams best shot.

Excellent post and I was also rooting for the Seahawks to finally get a SB win. I really like your team again for next year. The rubber will meet the road that following season and they will have to make the right choices on who to pay and who to let go and if they can backfill wisely via draft and FA to sustain.

I think they are setup really well for 2015. You can add a hell of a lot of talent on both sides with a QB making what Wilson is and that's why your Def is so beastly they had a great FA last year.

I found it!

It was against the Vikings 2006, it was the opening drive and I was wrong, there was 1 Dillon run for -8 yards. The rest was all Tom and he didn't stop there.

I have seen him slaughter the Steelers at night time too so I kept thinking it was them.

Imagine Brady if he had that Seahawks defense. He'd win a SB every single season.

Oh man, I don't want to seem argumentative but I seriously doubt that. I keep forgetting that you guys have actually done that before so you know it's possible, but SO much has to go right to even win 13 games anymore.

I know the division is good, the Niners IMO are a threat to win it, but I honestly feel that head to head the Niners are going to get swept by the Hawks in 2014. I think the Hawks will lose 4 games though. Just on the law of averages. If we have a QB injury though all bets are off.

We get the AFCW, the NFCE, GB and Carolina next year. So if healthy we should be OK from that aspect. You just don't know though, like you guys say. Egos, the target and a few bad bounces can turn a team inside out. There is no shortage of ego in Seattle, I wish those guys would tone it down a little except when they are playing the Niners.

I can seriously see the Hawks and Pats next year in the end, but I think the Pats are far more likely to make it. They could make it in any division and either conference.

Oh man, I don't want to seem argumentative but I seriously doubt that. I keep forgetting that you guys have actually done that before so you know it's possible, but SO much has to go right to even win 13 games anymore.

I know the division is good, the Niners IMO are a threat to win it, but I honestly feel that head to head the Niners are going to get swept by the Hawks in 2014. I think the Hawks will lose 4 games though. Just on the law of averages. If we have a QB injury though all bets are off.

We get the AFCW, the NFCE, GB and Carolina next year. So if healthy we should be OK from that aspect. You just don't know though, like you guys say. Egos, the target and a few bad bounces can turn a team inside out. There is no shortage of ego in Seattle, I wish those guys would tone it down a little except when they are playing the Niners.

I can seriously see the Hawks and Pats next year in the end, but I think the Pats are far more likely to make it. They could make it in any division and either conference.

It won't happen, and it wouldn't be a good thing for the Seahawks' chance of repeating if it did.

It won't happen, and it wouldn't be a good thing for the Seahawks' chance of repeating if it did.

Agreed on both accounts. I could see the Pats making it, a smaller chance of the Hawks making it back (however there is a fair chance if they stay healthy) but in a championship game on a neutral field the Pats would win. I have no doubt of that. I was worried about them making it this year with injuries, when healthy they are just too good.

There is certainly a case for Brady as the GOAT over Montana but it isn't a done deal yet, if Brady gets another ring then it will IMO be a easy call for Brady as the GOAT.

Can the GOAT talk. Rules change every year. It is hard to compare close eras - Rodney Harrison is arguably in the top 10 safeties ever, but today he would be a flag machine. That is, what, only 7 years after he retired? 20 or so year is absurd.

Besides, if you forget that Sammy Baugh changed the way the position was played, then your opinion on that is irrelevant. (FYI, before Baugh was the 4 man backfield of 3 stooges shorts -with Moe, Larry, Curly, and some guy. After Baugh there were only 3 guys in a back field and one passed instead of run regularly.)

At best Brady v. Montana is about who is #3... arguably. (#2 would be Otto Graham with 10 years, 10 championship appearances and 7 championship wins.) Also in that argument are Starr, Unitas, Bradshaw, Bobby Layne, Y.A. Tittle, Kurt Warner, Roger Staubach, Jim Plunket, Ken Stabler, and others I forgot to mention. (Oh, not all argument are very good, but they will exist.)

Can the GOAT talk. Rules change every year. It is hard to compare close eras - Rodney Harrison is arguably in the top 10 safeties ever, but today he would be a flag machine. That is, what, only 7 years after he retired? 20 or so year is absurd.

Besides, if you forget that Sammy Baugh changed the way the position was played, then your opinion on that is irrelevant. (FYI, before Baugh was the 4 man backfield of 3 stooges shorts -with Moe, Larry, Curly, and some guy. After Baugh there were only 3 guys in a back field and one passed instead of run regularly.)

At best Brady v. Montana is about who is #3... arguably. (#2 would be Otto Graham with 10 years, 10 championship appearances and 7 championship wins.) Also in that argument are Starr, Unitas, Bradshaw, Bobby Layne, Y.A. Tittle, Kurt Warner, Roger Staubach, Jim Plunket, Ken Stabler, and others I forgot to mention. (Oh, not all argument are very good, but they will exist.)

Brady is the G.O.A.T., and we will not be silenced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes