PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here to collect - WatsonIQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations. Enjoy the win. You deserve it.

Like many out here, tho, I'm not yet ready to get into any discussions about it. Come back in a week or so.

Thanks. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he has not noticed this thread... but as each day passes I'm finding it harder to do.

Come on WatsonIQ, where are you ?

Out of town on business yesterday, here I am.

The Giants were in every sense of the word the better team on the field on Sunday. They earned every inch of that win on offense and defense, and looked great doing it.

In the 4th quarter, Eli outplayed the best quarterback in football and at the same time gained my respect and a lifetime pass against me calling him soft.

I'm sure you're calling me out specifically because you and I got into it on the game, but if you'll recall I was one of the few around here saying all week that the Giants had a chance to win, and if you go back through you'll see I was the first to start a congratulations thread for them.

I don't have any excuses to make, not even "if the teams played X times, the Pats would win Y of them" because the two teams matched up and the Giants were better. That's all there is to it.

Happy?

Gotta say leek, I'm a little disappointed in Watson. I'll take the heat for him. Giants are a great team, played a great game, congrats again. And thanks for NOT being a troll.

I was out of town on business! :D Haha, as someone pointed out I've only been posting for a month or so on this forum, but you guys already can't live without me I guess.

Leek, I did call you a troll (you slipped every now and again, admit it :D ) but you and the other Giants fan who were around here (Giants6timeworldchamps or whatever it was) were nothing but polite and gracious all week. You both set a standard that fans of other opposing teams should look to when posting around here. Sadly, they won't.

Enjoy the win my friend, Championships don't come around often and you'll always remember it.

Last edited:
The Giants and their fans deserve the win. Played their hearts out. Congratulations.

I don't know about some of their fans deserving it - most NYorkers I know I pure a**holes since they are the same Spankee fandom. But the Gmen fan starting this thread is a good sport / objective debater & a football fan from reading his earlier (pre SB) posts.
Congrats Gmen on a deserving victory....but u didn't stomp us! (3 points / helmet catch..come on!) ..yeah I'm still bitter that game could of gone either way.

Should be still in mourning because I think WatsonIQ set up some kind of a record here for the max # of posts for the first month since he joined this forum. :D So, pretty sure that the silence is due to some good reason.

But hope you note that though some of us tried to set up a Giants' congratulations thread immediately after the game was over (it failed because of the server problems here I think), WatsonIQ was the first to set one up successfully on Monday.

Thanks for the backup. I may have only been here a short time, but as you pointed out I post frequently enough where people should get the sense I'm a man of my word. I'm glad Leek came back, because I did remember what I said and would have regretted not getting to eat my humble pie.

Did I also set a record for quickest to have an opposing fan set up a thread in their honor? :D

Congradulations,the Giants played a great game. There is No excuses here from me. The better team one on Sunday, and if i had to pick a team I'd like to see win it, one of the few would be the Giants.

Out of town on business yesterday, here I am.

The Giants were in every sense of the word the better team on the field on Sunday. They earned every inch of that win on offense and defense, and looked great doing it.

In the 4th quarter, Eli outplayed the best quarterback in football and at the same time gained my respect and a lifetime pass against me calling him soft.

I'm sure you're calling me out specifically because you and I got into it on the game, but if you'll recall I was one of the few around here saying all week that the Giants had a chance to win, and if you go back through you'll see I was the first to start a congratulations thread for them.

I don't have any excuses to make, not even "if the teams played X times, the Pats would win Y of them" because the two teams matched up and the Giants were better. That's all there is to it.

Happy?

Much appreciated... I had faith you would keep to your word.
You were the only one who accepted the challenge, so I had to call you on it. ;)

Much appreciated... I had faith you would keep to your word.
You were the only one who accepted the challenge, so I had to call you on it. ;)

Oh, I never considered not showing up. Might have been frowned on in my meetings yesterday if I'd excused myself to go checked PatsFans, as much as I may have wanted to.

If there is any New York team I could tolerate seeing win, it's the Giants. You fans are infinitely more tolerable and intelligent than Jets fans. As for the Bills, my avatar speaks for itself. I just wish you hadn't won it against us, that's all.

Congrats again.

Thanks. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he has not noticed this thread... but as each day passes I'm finding it harder to do.

Come on WatsonIQ, where are you ?

You DO realize that there is a Private Messaging capability on this website?

Just click on WatsonIQ's name for a drop down and click on Private Message.

He wouldn't be able to miss that.

You DO realize that there is a Private Messaging capability on this website?

Just click on WatsonIQ's name for a drop down and click on Private Message.

He wouldn't be able to miss that.

Yeah, I sent him one as well. I don't mind being called out, after all it's nice to think I made such a fine impression on our guests. Besides, since my original point was that I wouldn't be shocked beyond belief if the Giants won, and if they did I would give them full credit, I don't mind at all fulfilling my promise.

Kind of nice for the ego to have my own thread too, haha. Feel free to move it to VLR though, where it probably belongs.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Giants, and to all their true fans, enjoy this one. Your guys certainly earned the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes