Welcome to PatsFans.com

Here it is: the perfect NFL commercial!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Fixit, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Peyton Manning singing "This is our Country"...over and over again...and then some more.
  2. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

:violent:

Painfully true. As the Heineken robo-beergirl disembowels herself in the background.
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

A disturbing commercial made worse by the fact that it's crappy beer.
  4. patchick

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I'm actually glad about that. It would be a shame if a beer I actually liked got linked in my mind to the image of cybernetic entrails.
  5. Patriots Nation NY

Patriots Nation NY Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My buddys and I had the Over/Under for the "This is Our Country" commercial last night at 13.. I took the over of course..
  6. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thank you for pointing out what I couldn't quite put my finger on. Hey if anyone out there wants a new #1 candidate, try Smithwicks! It'll be my opening day beer.
  7. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've never lived in the midwest - and I'm sure that's to where it's directed - but it shocks me that anyone could find the song and/or message appealing in this day and age. I guess these are the same people that actually buy John Cougar albums (at Walmart I'm sure).
  8. patchick

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I don't think it's a geographic target, it's a class target. The ad firm is banking that pickup-truck buyers are likely to respond to a message that buying a foreign car = being a bad American. Chevy slogans have always centered on the word "America," but it seems to be getting more blatant and desperate. It's a bad sign, IMO, that they don't think buyers will choose the vehicles on their own merits.

To bring this back to beer, I watched last night's game in the company of a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. A fine beer, but it just doesn't go with football. It taught me a lesson: there's an art to matching beer and television, just like matching food and wine.
  9. rabthepat

rabthepat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Manning is in every commercial it seems. I do think it is cool that he had a hospital named after himself.
  10. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought it was a beer commercial! "This is our country...this is beer!" ......oh wait...."this is Budweiser....this is beer!" LOL.
  11. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Great point. For example, choose Red Stripe on a day when you know we're going to win. For a nail-biter matchup, more like a Dos Equis Amber. Smithwick's on opening day in New York. Newcastle Brown Ale around Thanksgiving and the December holidays.
  12. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

That started a conversation between me and my wife. I told her that I'd never want something named after me. It seems, I don't know, kind of arrogant. I'm probably over-thinking this, though.

Props for his charity work, but I'm tired of seeing his f****** face.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.