PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here is what really impresses me about Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you do have to say something for his patience. Maybe just to test whether he's really got what it takes, Belichick should say on the headphones "that's why you'll never be a starting quarterback in this league" in the middle of the game. (Let he who has eyes to read understand.)

Sirrously folks... At the very least we know he has fought off everybody the Pats bring in to be allowed to be the Pats' backup (and they bring in a new potential golden child every year it seems.) It's like they're looking for the freakin next Ponchin Lama not a quarterback LOL... So he's kept his white-knuckled grip on that clipboard, and the moment finally comes.

Whatever there is to get out of Matt Cassel, trust me, we'll get it. I just don't know how much there is there to get.

I remember a couple seasons ago, he had a good half of a game in game 16, then (maybe?) a good preseason. We were all in love with him. Then he had a bad int. against the gintz at the end of last regular season, and that was almost the last straw. Then OMG, he had a bad preseason.

Well, now we get to see him play when it counts. We could be in for a long season, or a pleasant surprise.

All I can say for right now is GO MATT YA BENCHWARMIN MOTHAF...

You know the rest.

CASSEL RULESSSSS!!!!

as if there's any choice....

I was also a defender of the decision and judgement of BB & SP to make Cassel as the #2, figuring they know a hell of a lot more than we do.

The Cassel haters are laying in wait at the moment.....if he plays terrible on Sunday, you wont want to even sign on.

I am saying it here and now - win or lose on Sunday, Cassel will be able to lead this team into the playoffs. It may take a few games for him to learn all that he needs as he adjusts to the level of play at top speed with real live bullets, but it is a process.

Yes,

Fortunately we have two very winnable games and then a bye week. I support coach's decision, and I am not going to be doing any second guessing until after I see what kind of chops this kid has.

GO MATT!

Not to start a debate, but Cassel did perform better against KC than Brady did :D

(hey stats are stats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back