PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here is the GIF for the MNF controversial TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Lynch watched Packers safety M.D. Jennings snatch the pass out of the sky and pull it to his chest while Tate, who had blatantly pushed off against Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields, belatedly latched on one arm at a time, the running back's eyes grew big and his jaw dropped low. The room was dead silent as the realization gripped Lynch and his companions: Like most of the viewing public, they now understood that the Seahawks had received an extraordinary gift from the replacement officials.

"We didn't win that game," someone at the table said, and nobody made a peep to challenge him.

Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch stunned at replay of controversial final play Monday night - Yahoo! Sports

It wasn't simultaneous possession but I completely get why it was called a TD in real time...it did look like it was simultaneous in full speed.

I'd have thought that would have overturned it though on replay...I guess it doesn't come under 'definitive proof' which are two words we hear all too often.

I felt the refs had a very good first half. Couple of questionable PI calls in the second but it evened itself out. Nothing worse than some of the performances we had in 2011 by he real refs. Then there's no harm in calling that a TD or no TD because all plays are renewable inside the two minute warning....but I'm trying to work out how they couldn't find definitive proof on the slow mo relay.

Gotta credit Tate with a good play for his team in respects to the fact he got his hands around that football before the refs got in to have a look. That's a heads up move.

Can't stand people *****ing about the PI non-call. That goes on in Hail Mary plays all the time.

Last edited:
Can't stand people *****ing about the PI non-call. That goes on in Hail Mary plays all the time.

I disagree. 2 handed shoves in the back in clear space do not happen all the time in Hail Mary plays. That should have been called, it was very clear.

The only reason the NFL memo even mentioned the pass interference was to throw a bone to the irate Green Bay people and tell them that they should have won.

But with the rest of the memo, it was like putting a daisy on a turd.

It wasn't simultaneous possession but I completely get why it was called a TD in real time...it did look like it was simultaneous in full speed.

I'd have thought that would have overturned it though on replay...I guess it doesn't come under 'definitive proof' which are two words we hear all too often.

I felt the refs had a very good first half. Couple of questionable PI calls in the second but it evened itself out. Nothing worse than some of the performances we had in 2011 by he real refs. Then there's no harm in calling that a TD or no TD because all plays are renewable inside the two minute warning....but I'm trying to work out how they couldn't find definitive proof on the slow mo relay.

Gotta credit Tate with a good play for his team in respects to the fact he got his hands around that football before the refs got in to have a look. That's a heads up move.

No, it doesn't UK_Pat37. It is unacceptable to say that goes on all the time. Players may jockey for position and put their hands on one-another, but they do not shove their opponent (in clear view) to the ground to make a play on the ball.

SO terrible...in every aspect . On a side note, I wonder if the GB DB coaches will stress "batting" the ball down instead of trying to catch it in a crowd like that.... pee wee football 101!!

Not sure if this was already mentioned but I read recently that some are speculating that the Replay Booth Officials, who are supposed to be regular refs, may have intentionally not overturned the "Failed Mary" because they want the replacement refs to mess up and look bad to support the locked out officials. The more the replacement refs screw up, the better for the locked out officials. So it may make sense for the Replay Booth Official to not overturn bad calls by the replacement refs to put pressure on the NFL. Interesting.

Not sure if this was already mentioned but I read recently that some are speculating that the Replay Booth Officials, who are supposed to be regular refs, may have intentionally not overturned the "Failed Mary" because they want the replacement refs to mess up and look bad to support the locked out officials. The more the replacement refs screw up, the better for the locked out officials. So it may make sense for the Replay Booth Official to not overturn bad calls by the replacement refs to put pressure on the NFL. Interesting.

The replays are reviewed by the refs on the field. The official assigned to the game I don't believe is an actual ref but rather a league official with extensive knowledge of the rules. If they were real refs they would be locked out.

The replays are reviewed by the refs on the field. The official assigned to the game I don't believe is an actual ref but rather a league official with extensive knowledge of the rules. If they were real refs they would be locked out.

My bad. I wasn't clear. I should have said the Replay Booth Official is a League Supervisor. Phil Luckett, who is a former regular ref, was the League Supervisor in the MNF game. Because Phil's a former regular ref and is now a NFL employee League Supervisor, some speculate that he may have been motivated to help out the locked out refs by not overturning the bad Failed Mary call.

See PFT link about Phil Luckett working the MNF game here -
Rumor Mill | ProFootballTalk

The booth official was none other Phil Luckett

Thanksgiving coin toss screw up
Phil Luckett Coin Flip - YouTube

And he was the head ref the next week in the Jets vs Seahawks Testaverde head game.

And the Ref in the Music City Miracle

Last edited:
So many people in this thread were saying that it wasn't a simultaneous catch, and even that Jennings had the ball first. The video proves otherwise, pretty clearly.

No, it doesn't. It wasn't a simultaneous catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back