PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here is the GIF for the MNF controversial TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO that's even worse than I thought it was. If I'm a QB I just loft a pass up into the end zone EVERY TIME and let them intercept it, but tell my WR to wrap his arms around the defender where the ball is and it's a touchdown! What a friggin JOKE LOL

That's the logical conclusion, as far as I can see.

Chris Carter actually gave us still-feeling-ripped-off Pats fans a bone this AM on Mike & Mike this AM.

Carter was blasting this Tate-Jennings call up, down, inside, and out.

But he also remarked that he had watched tape of all the games to see what players are getting away with and how they are taking advantage of the ineptitude of the refs. He said that while there is focus on GB-Sea because it left you with a bad call at the very end, the outcome of a great many other games, and potentially the ability of teams to make the playoffs, was decided by poor officiating. He specifically mentioned Pats-Ravens.

Greenberg was surprised at that, and asked (paraphrasing) "Are you saying that the outcome of that game was changed by officiating, because I disagree... I think that the field goal at the end was good!"

Carter answered (paraphrasing) : The kick probably was good, but that was just the last thing you saw. I'm not talking about just the last play of the game. I am talking about missed calls happening throughout the game. The refs do not know the rules and do not even know what to look for, and players are getting away with things they would never get away with if real officials were out there. Then at other times they are realizing that things are out of hand and are making stuff up when nothing happens. Most of all, they have no control over the game.

Last edited:
One big thing that is missing in all the brouhaha.

In hail-mary situations, the teams should be coached to bat the ball away and not go for the interception. I think good coaches do this and send specific instructions to bat the ball away and not try to catch it. If Greenbay had batted the ball away, instead of trying to catch it, this would be a non-issue.

OTOH, it might be serve as a trigger to end this farce with the replacements.

it was a regular booth ref who agreed it was a td

not a replacement ref

end of story lol

hahaha link to a video of this? this is hilarious, I know the replacement refs weren't trying to be funny but this refs own haha

anyway, that was an OPI on Tate and clearly Jennings had it intercepted, wk 2 it was holding on Gronk, then w3 bunch of phantom calls, seems to me these refs are favoring the home team and we're on the road again this wk4 :beatingcoming:
That .gif is from the movie "Necessary Roughness" I believe.

Necessary Roughness (1991) - IMDb

Well, to be fair to the 'refs', you will never ever see a PI on a Hail Mary called. Never happens.

Not even with the 'good' refs and I use that term loosely too.

Yes you do. It happened for the Pats. I don't remember the game or opponent but I know Bledsoe was the QB. There was a Hail Mary pass at the end. Before the ball got there a defender totally tackled the receiver in the end zone. It was obvious that he was knocked down early. Referees correctly called PI and the Patriots mgot the ball at the one and then scored a TD to win a game. Just because it is a Hail Mary, it doesn't allow the defenders to knock the receiver down before the ball gets there. I would have less problem with this if PI had been called.

not a replacement ref

end of story lol

ESPN is saying that the regular booth ref could not overturn the call of who caught the ball, since (they say) it is not reviewable.

The replay guy was looking to see:

1) was the player who was ruled on the field to have caught the ball actually in the endzone? (YES)
2) did the ball hit the turf before control was established (NO)
3) Did he make an illegal touch; i.e., had he run out of bounds and then was the first to touch the ball. (NO)

Florio at profootballtalk disagrees and says there's no reason why possession would not be reviewable.

So I guess we will have to wait for the official explanation, which the NFL has promised.

When was the last time you saw pass interference (especially OPI) called on a Hail Mary?

(crickets)

Seen it happen in favor of the Patriots a few years ago. I don't remember which game but Bledsoe was the QB.

And you are hearing crickets after asking a question. The only crickets you hear are the one in your head. I'm sure they are quite lonely there.

Yes you do. It happened for the Pats. I don't remember the game or opponent but I know Bledsoe was the QB. There was a Hail Mary pass at the end. Before the ball got there a defender totally tackled the receiver in the end zone. It was obvious that he was knocked down early. Referees correctly called PI and the Patriots mgot the ball at the one and then scored a TD to win a game. Just because it is a Hail Mary, it doesn't allow the defenders to knock the receiver down before the ball gets there. I would have less problem with this if PI had been called.

1998 vs Buffalo

not a replacement ref

end of story lol

Couldn't be reviewed because of the ruling on the field of a simultaneous catch. Nothing to do with booth calling for a review.

The ruling on the field is what was wrong.

One big thing that is missing in all the brouhaha.

In hail-mary situations, the teams should be coached to bat the ball away and not go for the interception. I think good coaches do this and send specific instructions to bat the ball away and not try to catch it. If Greenbay had batted the ball away, instead of trying to catch it, this would be a non-issue.

OTOH, it might be serve as a trigger to end this farce with the replacements.

But the person who had the best shot at batting the ball away was interfered with.

But the person who had the best shot at batting the ball away was interfered with.

I would say that the person who had the best shot at batting the ball away was the person who ended up catching it.

In fact there were 3 other GB defenders around the ball other than MD Jennings. The second Seattle player (other than Tate), did not even jump for the ball. So, there was a 4:1 advantage for GB to bat the ball away.

Last edited:
New Hand signals of the Replacement refs

225887_420623601318934_913732898_n.jpg

Buffalo Bills NFL Primetime 12 - YouTube

This was the game you were talking about. Go to 2:20 mark.

The common thing is Pete Carroll

i hope the regular refs are locked out forever, no offense obama :)

A3nL4b9CIAA1v4K.jpg

Couldn't be reviewed because of the ruling on the field of a simultaneous catch. Nothing to do with booth calling for a review.

The ruling on the field is what was wrong.

The NFL has said that in the end zone even simalteneuos catch is reviewable but that doesnt matter because according to the NFL simalteneous was the right call. And thus the call not to overturn was right. They did admit there was PI.

What a joke this is. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes