PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here is the GIF for the MNF controversial TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be,a dumb question but who is that?

I forget her name, she won a silver medal in the olympics and while on the podium at the ceremony she made that face as if she wasn't to pleased with the outcome.:cool:

I forget her name, she won a silver medal in the olympics and while on the podium at the ceremony she made that face as if she wasn't to pleased with the outcome.:cool:

Oh,ok thanks for the clarification

I did not watch one minute of the Olympics, so.....

I don't see anywhere in the video that shows that Jennings clearly had it first. Tates hands was in between Jennings hands at all times, so his hands was on the ball, both players retained the ball.

stop talking honestly

Then it becomes a semantics here. The rule does not say both arms are needed for a catch. Who is to say Tate cannot control the ball with one hand on the ball?
I now sound like I am arguing and this is the last thing I want to do right now.
The last thing I am saying on this is that, I can understand why this call went the way it went and there is no evidence that the real refs would have done any differently. Yes they are better than these guys.

OK, i read the first post and thought you were dumb but this post proves your a certified stooge, go to sleep, thats all i have to say.

I think the refs are becoming a problem on and off the field!

The teams hate them and the fans are hating them! Fans on NFL.com are saying they won't watch games until they sort it out!

It is ruining the game!

I think the refs are becoming a problem on and off the field!

The teams hate them and the fans are hating them! Fans on NFL.com are saying they won't watch games until they sort it out!

It is ruining the game!

Except those fans are lying---they won't stop watching games! so there's no incentive for the NFL to bend.

Mckayla Maroney

wow, just saw the gif. packers got robbed ! clearly Jennings is the first one who catches the ball with both hands.

Got to agree with Jennings, " Tate, can you take a lie detector test "

God, this is even more painful than our game. *&#$!!@ good.. err he is just the lapdog, ****the owners. it is reprehensible that they cannot come up with 60,000 per club to get the real refs in :mad:

Last edited:
That does not look as bad as I thought it was. Who knows what the real refs would have called?
Are replacement refs also in the replay booth on scoring plays as well? I thought those were professionals who knew the rules. This is just not on the replacement refs and I don't see why the NFL cannot claim the replacement refs again did a fantastic job.

Well written! Now if you can say that with a straight face you have a career ahead of you as a Stand Up Comic!!! :D

I went to bed early last night, so this is the first I saw the play.

It's clear that White Jersey ending with number 3 has possession. What was the argument?

Last edited:
nice pic but that photograph was take a full three seconds after they had joint possession and thuse possesion goes ot offense, combine with being in the endzone makes it a TD and the play is dead . . . and everything after that, including this picture is completely irrelevant . . .

you will see from the video on NFL.com, that this pic is a full three seconds after they both are on the ground fighting for the ball . . .

NFL Game Center: Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks - 2012 Week 3

The funny part about using that point in time is that one ref signals end of play, the other signals touchdown. Neither of them had a real clue what to call. :confused:

Flagrant offensive pass interference, too. Its one thing to have a lot of contact when players are all jumping for the ball, but a deliberate two handed push in the back is a penalty.

When was the last time you saw pass interference (especially OPI) called on a Hail Mary?

(crickets)

Or almost any other part of his body (e.g., one knee = two feet).

true, but the ball disappear into the two plaeyrs before even his first foot came down, which was before his hip and second foot . . . so either way if his hip hit before his second foot, it was still have the ball dissappeared out of sight of the refs . . .

The funny part about using that point in time is that one ref signals end of play, the other signals touchdown. Neither of them had a real clue what to call. :confused:

yes, there were two calls, INT and TD, but the refs conferenced and called it a TD . . conflicting calls and conferences do happen altho they are rare . . .

LMAO that's even worse than I thought it was. If I'm a QB I just loft a pass up into the end zone EVERY TIME and let them intercept it, but tell my WR to wrap his arms around the defender where the ball is and it's a touchdown! What a friggin JOKE LOL

Ouch on that call. Hate to see a bad call be the deciding factor in a game like that.

I went to bed early last night, so this is the first I saw the play.

It's clear that White Jersey #43 has possession. What was the argument?

The refs called it 'simultaneous possession' which by rule goes to the offense, so Seattle got awarded the catch. Is that what you are asking?

The refs called it 'simultaneous possession' which by rule goes to the offense, so Seattle got awarded the catch. Is that what you are asking?

Thank you. I've been buried with work and haven't paid attention to the argument. To me it looks like the Packer has two hands on the ball and the Seahawk is trying to take it away from him. I don't think that's "simultaneous possession" but a catch with an attempted strip. I'll read more now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back