Welcome to PatsFans.com

Here is an idea.. if you don't like the Stimulus Bill..Don't take the money

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Feb 16, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

A great simplistic idea, if you oppose the stimulus bill and believe it is bad for America.. put your money where your mouth is and refuse to take it.. or you can betray your beliefs, and just take it.. the same I assume will be true for the income tax deduction next year.. all the righties can start a movement and not take it... all the righties on Unemployment can send back the $25.00 they get extra and not take the $2400 deduction.. put your money where your mouth is, I encourage all those who think this is a really bad idea to take a stand.

Commentary: If you oppose stimulus, don't take the money - CNN.com

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Heck no, I'll keep the money. I'm gonna take that extra $8 a week and use it to buy a new car. That should kick-start the economy and save the auto industry to boot.
  3. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah because it's all about the little token handouts that us avg. people will be getting that will make the difference.:rolleyes: So are you saying we shouldn't question this hunk of rubbish bill and just let Obama slide for ripping off the tax payers to pay back his campaign boosters?
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Not at all, saying put your money where your mouth is.. take a stand.. don't take the income tax deduction.. if you collect unemployment, send back the $25.00 to the state.. just be true to your beliefs.. just think if everyone did this, what a wonderful world.

If you are in a related construction field, do not take the job, go to a service industry job.. work in non stimulus related businesses.. think of the possibilities.. it is endless.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

I'm Donating Mine To Howard University
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

See it is catchy, great effort Harry Boy..
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's pretty absurd.
    So you need to STFU unless you let everyone take a peice of what is, effectively a tax refund for those who pay taxes while you refuse the refund yourself? The stimulus is a joke and we all know it. I'll take as much of my taxes back as possible because the Feds are blowing it anyways on foreign aidm the military, and the "stimulus".

Why do you support the plan, anyways? What makes you think it isn't perfume on a pig (pardon the expression)
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Have never stated my support, do not know if it will work, something needs to be done, but there are a whole lot of detractors on this board who are convinced that it will not.. so for them I offer an option, so they can be true to their beliefs.

BTW do not need to STFU... thanks for the advice though, will take it under advisement.
  9. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This thread is silly, just plain silly.

[​IMG]
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

I won't get a penny from this stimulus. I guess all the taxes I paid last year are going to the majority of Americans but not me.

What a joke.

Strangely, people seem to enjoy getting angry with those making more than them...I never understood that. So people making less than the ceiling on the stimulus seem to feel they deserve it more than those who "make too much" to get it. Can ANYONE explain that rationally?
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

On a personal level maybe, but on a state wide level i.e. South Carolina.. would prove interesting.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +405 / 5 / -2

Absurd is correct. This is OUR money. Any arswipe that actually pays taxes, and this would mean pays X, and get's less than X back in return, is paying for this ridiculously bloated spending bill. So now, if we don't like OUR money paying for something, WE shouldn't keep any sent our way. That's absurd. This is OUR money in the first place!
  13. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +117 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I'm not going to see a dime from the stimulous, but I am going to see my taxes go up, when the Democrats let the Bush tax cuts expire (hey, wiat I thought that Obama was going to cut taxes for 85% of all Americans, oh well another lie).

Does anyone here really think that giving people who already don't pay any taxes a thousand bucks, is going to do anything for the economy?

The Obama tax hikes and defieceit spending are going to slow down the economy, and create massive inflation.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I didn't say you need to STFU! I meant "you" in general, like anyone who disagrees with the "Stimulus" package and won't refuse the payments from it....

DUDE!
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I gotta get together a "shovel-ready" project together quick! I can rake in those $$$ if I can do a beautification project for the train station together! Maybe plant some trees in the neighborhoods that have been wrecked by the Asian Longhorn Beetle and the Ice Storm of the Century last December (still waiting for Bush's apology for not sending FEMA to central Mass!:mad:)
  16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +399 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Of course it it. Partly because the tiny bit you donate back is nothing compared to the total and partly because the tax cuts are the few parts of the Spending Bill that are actually useful. It's all the other crap that should be given back.