Welcome to PatsFans.com

Here comes the recovery....Honest!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jul 13, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

Yup, that's a headline from CNNMoney.com. I read the article and it made me wonder if both our gov't AND our media are trying to keep the bad news from us. Let us pray that's not true.

But given the importance of consumer confidence, could it be possible our gov't and media would do this?

The reason I'm making this claim is that the really important economic news never seems to make headlines. Well, until 60 Minutes aired a 10 minute report last night that says we're headed for worse times.

I'll leave all with a link to the CNNMoney.com recovery article and for the 60 Minutes report and you can make up your own minds.

"Here comes the recovery....Honest!"
    Recovery still on track, according to many economists - Jul. 13, 2009

60 Minutes piece:
    YouTube - Huge Crash Coming

Someone's not getting their story right.:rolleyes:
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Interesting article on Crash part 2:

Banks: Here Come The OptionARM Blowups! - The Market Ticker

4% growth being predicted by the Administration?? Totally insane, add in the $650B Carbon tax with the increased energy cost and Trillions for Health care, and lowered revenues due to the failure of the stimulus pkgs (Bush's didn't work either) with the much worse unemployment than the administration would admit?

The economy is going to get worse, any recovery will be choked off by the administrations policies.
  3. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I just wonder if the government will step in prior to the bloodbath, or will we see another GM type of thing where they will sit on their hands and have the ordeal cost a couple of hundred billion more than it should have

I'm not big on hand-outs, but there should be something in place to help those who are worthy from getting slammed when the note is up........I'd rather spend some on a fix now than triple the liability through the foreclosure process
  4. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

U.S. Budget Gap Exceeds $1 Trillion for Fiscal Year (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

The truth is OUT THERE and Obama doesn't want anybody to know.
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Well let's get the news into 1 thread notice none of the Obamaphiles want to talk about the economy waiting for a sex scandal while the economy burns. Remember how the stimulus was going to stop unemployment at 8%, well hold onto you hats...

Banks Stronger But Outlook Clouded by Job Losses: Whitney - Markets * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

What a mess obamanomics is, while Bush didn't do a stellar job with the economy, remember team Obama said that without the stimulus (ie the Bush recession runs it's course) unemployment would peak at 9% horrible according to the dems (I agree with them on this point), now we are beginning to see the impact of the stuid Obama policies.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Remember the last year of Bush with the pubbie congress (the one that dems accused of spending recklessly?) , well the FY2007 deficit was $162B.

I redict the deficit will be OVER 2T by the end of the fiscal year. As I said befor ethe election, Bush and the pubbies spent too much, Bush didn't act agressivly to stop the dems reckless spending, however Obama and the dems would make the pubbies look like pikers when it comes to reckless spending.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +369 / 4 / -2

I still can't believe that people got involved in these types of mortgages. Forget the cost of housing over the last 5+ years. I told friends, and anyone who listened that buying property was stupid. Some in here may have heard me say as much, when I first joined. The price alone was not sensible. That's why it's truly mind boggling that people would double their stupidity by buying in a ridicluously overpriced market, AND financing with such mathematically suicidal policies. What kind of crap for brains are we releasing into society? This is why I would have flashed a giant middle finger at Walls Street. No lessons were learned here. People lost their homes, but since they put Zippo down in most cases, all they did was lose payments. They basically paid rent. Wall Street learns nothing cuz us responsible taxpayers covered their tab. This is a failure on so many levels. Education, corporations, gubmit, populace, etc.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

RW everyone wants the free lunch, look how many people voted for the dems and their free lunch policies, 'the other guy' foots the bill...
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +369 / 4 / -2

Not for nothing, but you say that, as if the republicans were a viable alternative. This isn't a dem versus repub thing, and all of you who constantly paint every issue as a left versus right, or a D versus R thing, are only making the problems in this country worse. Don't get me wrong now, the dems that are in control are truly dellusional. Look at who's in charge of the country. Pelosi, Obama, Biden, Reid, Hillary....what has any of these people done in their lives, or accomplished, that makes them remotely worthy of running a country? How's nothing. However, that being said, we just left 8 years of republican WH rule, where they had 6 years of complete control, and look where we were when they left. How's down the toilet, or headed there sound. What's really sad is that we've gone from a bunch of imbeciles leading the country, to a hoard of complete retards. Only when the ship sinks, will we finally get the leadership we need. Danny if you're out there, you were right all along. Gubmit bankrupcy is the only way to right the ship.

BTW, I want to $#@% $%$, and then $%%%^#@ *(%##$@# Erin Daniels of ESPN. :banned:
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Neither one is a bargain, I have called out the pubbies for their spending OTOH, there is a huge diff between a deficit of 162B (FY 2007 last time the pubbies were in charge) and the 2T+ we are looking at this year not to mention the Feds taking over 25%+ of the economy (carbon tax + health care).

It ain't even close as to the damage and the degree of gov interference in the economy.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +369 / 4 / -2

That's disengenuious math pf. They ran massive deficits during their reign, and they are supposed to be fiscally conservative, by way of their party platform. To pick the $167 billion figure, which probably includes excess SS reciepts as revenue, if the figure is even accurate, fails to tell the actual story of how fiscally irresponsible the Bush administration, and the entire legislature, had been. Of course, this administration has simply taken GW's figure, and poured napalm on it. I'll never support the fiscal idioticy that is currently taking place in DC, but I'll never defend the Bush administrations spending either. One is puke, the other is diarea, which is to say, niether is anything nice.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Sorry there is a big difference between 162B & 2T, we are talking an order of magnititude. I freely acknowledge the pubbies spent way too much and Bush did a horrible job in not vetoing pork. To pretend there are no differences is silly. Both figures inc SS receipts BTW.