PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here Comes Dobsonmania

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has only been active for 3 games this year has a catch in each game all three were blowout wins by the pats even if he does make the game day roster I don't see him doing much, Brady has his top 5 guys and the rest will only see a ball or two throw there way

I don't care if it's Tyms or Dobson but I want to see something out of one of them

Forgot he was even on the team. The offense is kicking so much a** I don't wanna see any changes unless a injury happens. Everything is working just fine the way it is.

tyms is this year's version of Slater as a WR; he is going deep and everyone on the field knows it and everyone in the stands ought to know it. On the TB pick there were THREE DBs within 10 yds of him and nobody else within 30 -- tell me they didnt know what Tom wanted to do. A waste of time putting him in there the way they do (and signaling your intention) unless you are goign to use him to decoy the DBs deep and throw under (which they dont seem to do).

Dobson on the other hand SHOWED POTENTIAL to do much more. back shoulder fade; crossing routes; bubble screens, he has caught and run all those routes (in addition to the deep burn/dbl move route that Tyms can do) IN GAMES and not just in passing camp / pre-season.

The key question is of course WHAT ARE THE COACHES SEEING that they dont make him active or above Tyms on the roster.
I don't know either.

Either way - let the best man win (tyms/dobson) and get TB another option out there. I just dont think Tyms is going to be all that (at least this season) either. Dobson I think has more potential to impact THIS SEASON.

tyms is this year's version of Slater as a WR; he is going deep and everyone on the field knows it and everyone in the stands ought to know it.

He did run an intermediate route and dropped the pass.

On the TB pick there were THREE DBs within 10 yds of him and nobody else within 30 -- tell me they didnt know what Tom wanted to do. A waste of time putting him in there the way they do (and signaling your intention) unless you are goign to use him to decoy the DBs deep and throw under (which they dont seem to do).

Agreed. Terrible throw.

Dobson on the other hand SHOWED POTENTIAL to do much more. back shoulder fade; crossing routes; bubble screens, he has caught and run all those routes (in addition to the deep burn/dbl move route that Tyms can do) IN GAMES and not just in passing camp / pre-season.

The key question is of course WHAT ARE THE COACHES SEEING that they dont make him active or above Tyms on the roster. I don't know either.

According to Reiss, his sense is that Dobson is lacking a sense of urgency?

Either way - let the best man win (tyms/dobson) and get TB another option out there. I just dont think Tyms is going to be all that (at least this season) either. Dobson I think has more potential to impact THIS SEASON.
Maybe but the coaches aren't seeing it.

If it means taking catches away from Lafell, I say keep working hard Aaron and maybe we can trade him for a low pick in the offseason instead of an outright release. He's nice insurance right now, but barring injury I say don't mess with the chemistry for the sake of putting him out there.

I love this post.... up until you started talking about ceilings. LaFell looks pretty damn good right now and Dobson can be valuable moving forward even if he never becomes even that good.

Otherwise, I'm fully on board. :)

Dobson can do what LaFell does, but he's faster. Hence my ceiling comment. Dobson can take the top off better than LaFell can. Do not read this in any way of me being down on LaFell. I knew next to nothing about him when the Pats got him...I'm really glad the Pats got him. He's got that back-shoulder catch down to a science and is a helluva blocker, too. I think he'll be around here for a long time.

hands.jpg

Dobson can do what LaFell does, but he's faster. Hence my ceiling comment.

Please re-title this thread to: Laughably Optimistic Observations About Aaron Dobson That Are In No Way Supported By Facts.

Dobson ran a faster 40- big whoop. LaFell has shown he can get behind the defense with some consistency; Dobson has not.

To think that Dobson can do what LaFell does is laughable.

This reminds me of "here comes Peter Cottontail / Hopiing down the bunny trail!". Is that the image the theread author is trying to summon? "Here comes Aaron Dobson / they no longer call him Drop-son".

Dobson can do what LaFell does, but he's faster. Hence my ceiling comment. Dobson can take the top off better than LaFell can. Do not read this in any way of me being down on LaFell. I knew next to nothing about him when the Pats got him...I'm really glad the Pats got him. He's got that back-shoulder catch down to a science and is a helluva blocker, too. I think he'll be around here for a long time.

Lafell is far stronger and more difficult to bring down. Dobson is faster and more gazelle-like.

They can complement each other.

Please re-title this thread to: Laughably Optimistic Observations About Aaron Dobson That Are In No Way Supported By Facts.

Dobson ran a faster 40- big whoop. LaFell has shown he can get behind the defense with some consistency; Dobson has not.

To think that Dobson can do what LaFell does is laughable.

"To think that Dobson can do what LaFell does is laughable."

I'm sorry Ice-Ice, but where in the thread title or the OP did it say anything remotely intimating that?

"To think that Dobson can do what LaFell does is laughable."

I'm sorry Ice-Ice, but where in the thread title or the OP did it say anything remotely intimating that?

Neither, but it you look at the post you quoted a few comments up.... :)

Last edited:
Lafell is far stronger and more difficult to bring down. Dobson is faster and more gazelle-like.

They can complement each other.

Lafell clearly knows how to use his body better than Dobson right now and he's more physical, but defensive backs freak out when trying to cover Dobson because of his speed and quicks. He was a beast on those come back routes last year. He's a lot smoother and more fluid than Lafell. They each have there own strengths and to like one, you shouldnt have to put down the other.
@Ice_Ice_Brady , you should make another Dobson thread titled "I was taking a dump every time Dobson smoked a Db in 2013." We can hype him up in that thread too.;)

I say it's time for the people in this thread to throw some cash($1250) together and invite Dobson to a game of flag football and put him through the paces so we can get something to build this discussion on. Because right now we have no idea if he's inactive because he sucks, if he's still injured , if he don't know the playbook, or whatever. All we know is he ain't playing and that there is probably a reason for that.

http://www.thuzio.com/aaron-dobson.html

I say it's time for the people in this thread to throw some cash($1250) together and invite Dobson to a game of flag football and put him through the paces so we can get something to build this discussion on. Because right now we have no idea if he's inactive because he sucks, if he's still injured , if he don't know the playbook, or whatever. All we know is he ain't playing and that there is probably a reason for that.

http://www.thuzio.com/aaron-dobson.html

Is that legitimate? I'd love to play some flag football with Dobson. I'd definitely throw 100 towards that.

Is that legitimate? I'd love to play some flag football with Dobson. I'd definitely throw 100 towards that.

My daughter runs Div 1 track - 5 time All American. She broke her foot (navicular) and it took 8 to 9 months to heal and the surgeon said that was fast. Even though the x-ray/MRI shows fully healed it still swells when she runs. Surgeon said post healing swelling was normal and will last for up to 3 months. Dobson might have healed but still swells up during the game/practice so is not the best choice on game day. Could be nothing to do with his ability or play book knowledge.

This is all too familiar to the 'This is the week Ocho Cinco goes off." threads of years past.

My daughter runs Div 1 track - 5 time All American. She broke her foot (navicular) and it took 8 to 9 months to heal and the surgeon said that was fast.

Kevin McHale broke his navicular bone in the middle of the 1987 season and chose to play through it. While he was still a helluva player, he was never the same after that.

So if Dobson does have something like that, being careful with it is probably a very good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes