PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Herald's Rap Sheet: G Nick Kaczur undergoes back surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can he be lost for the season? He doesn't have a leg injury?

But in all serious; sucks for any player :(

To IR as I predicted. It is a bulging disc I believe.

This bites. BB rolled snake eyes with both Seymour and Mankins. It happens.

Now both lines are suspect.

Bummer. Best wishes to a successfull recovery at least for a normal life.

Man, they just don't make Canadians like they usta

This bites. BB rolled snake eyes with both Seymour and Mankins. It happens.

Now both lines are suspect.

That may or may not be true, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Kaczur. It's not like, all of a sudden, our line is suspect because we have to rely on Connolly instead of Kaczur.

That may or may not be true, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Kaczur. It's not like, all of a sudden, our line is suspect because we have to rely on Connolly instead of Kaczur.

Connolly has played well this preseason as has the 1st unit OL but I believe if Kaczur winds up on IR the Pats will be looking for interior OL help via a trade or the waiver wire. The 2nd unit has struggled and I no longer see Wendell or Larsen on the week 1 53. Larsen to PS.

Nah you're right, it's mainly a depth thing I guess.

*And I shouldn't post when I'm hung over--for some reason I forgot that Kaczur wasn't still at RT. :eek:

Wow, I'm going to ban myself for that post.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

That's Mankins leverage.......

Connolly has played well this preseason as has the 1st unit OL but I believe if Kaczur winds up on IR the Pats will be looking for interior OL help via a trade or the waiver wire. The 2nd unit has struggled and I no longer see Wendell or Larsen on the week 1 53. Larsen to PS.

Wendell makes the 53 because he plays OC as well as OG. Who takes over for Koppen if the ginger goes down?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this with Kaczur, but I think we all more or less expected this. And I dont think it impacts the effectiveness of the interior of our Oline one way or the other. Kaczur's never even played guard, let alone on the left side, and he probably would have sucked trying to fill that role. Im glad this unfortunate circumstance has basically given a better player an opportunity to play.

Yeah, no biggee. I hope Bussey-bust and Ohrn-bust are ready for some serious playing time though.

Guess we now know why Nick was taken Oxi's by the fist full.

Back problems are the worst to deal with and never ending

Last edited:

You betcha. I have a couple fused vertebra and it's heck getting older and dealing with them. Even with exercise, PT and being careful, there are still days when I have to reach for the meds.

What I was thinking too.

As soon as he was busted for painkiller addiction and presumably therefore compelled to stop gobbling them, I expected problems ahead (whether in the form of injury or just performance drop-off).

And he's not so good that he can necessarily be effective as his body wears down.

Between and the late start to his career -- well, Kaczur is a living example of how football is a tough way to make a living.

Wendell makes the 53 because he plays OC as well as OG. Who takes over for Koppen if the ginger goes down?

Ohrenberger, trade/waiver pick up or Connolly slides over and Ohrenberger plays LG.

Could be worse...we could have had Wesley Britt starting in Kaczur's spot :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots