PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Herald's Buckley: Pats fans, leave Steve DeOssie alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
And Buckley Quadruples down, I guess we can add Buckley and the Herald to the hit list

Pats fans, leave Steve DeOssie alone - BostonHerald.com

"This is for youse knuckle-dragging, nose-picking, mismatched-socks-wearin’,couldn’t-win-a-battle-of-wits-with-a-Pepsi-machine Patriots [team stats] fans who are spitting up your Doritos over Steve DeOssie’s over-the-top passion for the New York Giants: You’ve

become the laughingstock of sporting America."......Steve Buckly

Last edited:
Ship Steve DeOssie back to New York on a rail, where he belongs.

He can take Mr. Baseball with him
Steve DeOssie can take Chad Ochostinko with him back to New York. Imagine the possibilities of Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, Chad Ochostinko, Santonio Holmes as one big happy offense.

"This is for youse knuckle-dragging, nose-picking, mismatched-socks-wearin’,couldn’t-win-a-battle-of-wits-with-a-Pepsi-machine Patriots [team stats] fans who are spitting up your Doritos over Steve DeOssie’s over-the-top passion for the New York Giants: You’ve

Talk about throwing stones from your glass house.

Last edited:
Not quite sure why Buckley would get involved in this..

Brother hood of sports commentators? Anyways if Deossie's only sin was to be a giants fan i would agree with buckly, but in the piece he never does report the whole story. He conveniently leaves out the the part about how says hes struggling up here which i interpret as he has to listen to us pats fans. But being on camera and being taped its kind of strange one would think he would be cognizant of the fact that people could go and watch the video and see that he is not telling the truth. Which makes him look like an ass.

Last edited:
yeah, i'll be listening to deossie right around the same time i buy my next butterfinger.

simple, stir the pot and a million folks from here would decend on the column in their website and...... CHA CHING. simple trap, don't fall for it.

Delete this thread. Already I can see the hits climbing to that god forsaken paper :mad:

Why doesnt he go to NY and get a job with then Giants?

..."This is for youse knuckle-dragging, nose-picking, mismatched-socks-wearin’,couldn’t-win-a-battle-of-wits-with-a-Pepsi-machine Patriots fans .......

Buckley has opened up the curtain and given everyone a glance at how media, ALL MEDIA, view the general public, i.e. with dismissive distain.

We are the unintelligent, unwashed and ignorant masses.
The media sees itself as enlightened intellectuals.

With that as a backdrop just how hilarious is it that Buckley completely misses the mark on what has people upset with Steve DeOssie.

Stupid is as stupid does.

We call them mediots for a reason. :D

Last edited:
The defense for him is that he was at a paid appearance.

So I guess the disclaimer is that if you are being paid you are not personally responsible for what you say because you are pandering to the crowd.

Oh that is so cute - because DeOssie was a prostitute mouth piece we are supposed to give him a pass.

So they all stick up for him because they all want the get out of jail free card.

:bricks::bricks::bricks:

Last edited:
If I didnt stop listening to EEI over a year ago I'd start now since these 2 clowns are on the Big Show so much.

Benedict DeOssie

So, if the Pats were playing another NFC team, would he be singing the Patriots praises?

Has DeOssie said anything about the tape yet?

When Patriots Tailgate came on CSN last night, I promptly turned the station.

It's very clear that all these guys are thick as thieves.

I'm not watching DeOssie on principle. At least a guy like Borges doesn't pretend to be something he's not. The issue for me is he's got checks rolling in from a region that he really doesn't want to be in. He pines for NY. No problem, that's his right. Go to NY and be happy. don't "struggle" with it.

All the mediots who have no ethics are circling the wagons around one of their own. He has shown that he is not credible to be on the local talk shows or TV shows, but they will still bring him back.

I do think that some fans suggesting a boycotte of his restaurant is a little over the top. Boycottes only hurt those who work there, like cooks and wait persons, they did nothing wrong and neither did Fred.

His restaurant has nothing to do with his two faced local sports gigs. Boycotte them if you want to boycotte anything.

And Buckley Quadruples down, I guess we can add Buckley and the Herald to the hit list

Pats fans, leave Steve DeOssie alone - BostonHerald.com

What this Steve Buckley person (I don't live up there) doesn't comprehend is that many of us are Doctors, Lawyers, CFO's, CEO's, Professors etc. who would not be overjoyed if a newspaper sportswriter moved into the neighborhood.

Before he puts himself up on a pedestal and looks down at the "masses", he should probably take a good look at the coffee stained wretch in the mirror.

To paraphrase a VERY INCORRECT saying about teachers "Those who can't do become sports writers".

Last edited:
A member of the media sticking up for another member of the media - surprise, surprise.

A member of the media looking down their noses and treating their customers with disdain - surprise, surprise.

A member of the media feels it is okay for them to say anything they want about fans, but it's not okay for fans to say anything they want about a member of the media - surprise, surprise.

I don't believe anybody has an issue with DeOssie being a Giants fan. DeOssie works on radio under the premise that he is a supporter of the local teams, and uses that fame to open up a restaurant. Now he's been exposed for all that being an act, and people in the area are just supposed to say 'that's okay, no problem; we'll still listen to you and spend our money at your place'. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

The biggest issue in all of this is not even DeOssie and his wanting to have it both ways; it is Buckley exposing his true feelings about the people who make it possible to make a living as a writer. If any of the rest of us said something similar about our customers we would already be out the door and having to look for a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back