PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Herald: Pacman wants in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pacman wants in

Whenever you encounter a player who's criminal attorney is acting as his agent, its generally best to take a pass.

Nice bit of exaggeration then Deus. Randy didn't RUN OVER a cop. He nudged her with his car. Nothing like making an ass of yourself by overblowing a situation. Was what Moss did right? Hell no. But it doesn't make him a thug and its pure idiocy to say it does.

Big difference than starting a brawl in a strip club that led to one guy being paralyzed for life. And then getting into another tussle in another strip club while your on suspension.

He ran over a cop. That's what it's called. This was after numerous issues prior to reaching the NFL and admitted marijuana use while in the league. But, since having the truth about him kills your argument, you go right ahead and minimize or ignore it. Me, I'll assume that BB has better insight than any of us posting on this board while simply noting that giving up a 3rd round pick and working out a restrictive contract which allows the team to cut Jones for any proscribed activities is not a risk of epic proportions.

Let me be the first to wish the best to Jerry, Terrell and P-Thug.

P-thug! That name fits for me!

I agree now that its most likely not worth it to get P-thug since he's unlikely to change into a 'kool aid' Patriots team player.....I guess I wanted a quick fix for a shutdown CB...but a new stud pass rusher will do a good job of covering up the 'weakness',,

P-thug! That name fits for me!

I agree now that its most likely not worth it to get P-thug since he's unlikely to change into a 'kool aid' Patriots team player.....I guess I wanted a quick fix for a shutdown CB...but a new stud pass rusher will do a good job of covering up the 'weakness',,

I take it your hoping we trade up for Gholston ?

He ran over a cop. That's what it's called. This was after numerous issues prior to reaching the NFL and admitted marijuana use while in the league. But, since having the truth about him kills your argument, you go right ahead and minimize or ignore it. Me, I'll assume that BB has better insight than any of us posting on this board while simply noting that giving up a 3rd round pick and working out a restrictive contract which allows the team to cut Jones for any proscribed activities is not a risk of epic proportions.

Deus - Please be real - exaggerating RM incident with the meter maid does nothing for your credibility.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0924/1436287.html

I would be interesting in acquiring Jones, for a conditional (no higher than 3rd) pick - in the 2009 draft. Unless Tennessee is willing to accept a 6th-rounder, there is no way I risk anything more than that in this year's draft. Every pick is too important, esp. after what happened last year.

I take it your hoping we trade up for Gholston ?

something like that...u never know what Coach B / Pioli have up there sleeves! They know what a pass rush can do & know the need to replace a Colvin like pass rusher.

He ran over a cop. That's what it's called.

Actually, you might want to recheck - he ALLEGEDLY bumped a meter maid with his car gently until she fell down, when he stopped. Since they charged him with a felony, I think you can be sure this was less than nothing since he's not in jail. That's WAY WAY WAY different than running over a cop. Personally, I think he was being gentle, I'm a lot less nice than that to meter maids.

Actually, you might want to recheck - he ALLEGEDLY bumped a meter maid with his car gently until she fell down, when he stopped. Since they charged him with a felony, I think you can be sure this was less than nothing since he's not in jail. That's WAY WAY WAY different than running over a cop. Personally, I think he was being gentle, I'm a lot less nice than that to meter maids.

I didn't call him the Anti-Christ. I said he ran over a cop. He did. You can feel free to use any word or phrase you prefer: Hit, drove into, etc.... it doesn't change what he did, and minimizing it doesn't change the situation.

Last edited:

Yes, he ran over a cop. That's why he was charged with aggravated attempted murder of a police officer. Oh wait, he wasn't? I'm sure it was because he was a big star with a great reputation that he wasn't charged, right?

Take a look beyond the corn rows and get your hands on the police report before you talk about "truth."

Yes, he ran over a cop. That's why he was charged with aggravated attempted murder of a police officer. Oh wait, he wasn't? I'm sure it was because he was a big star with a great reputation that he wasn't charged, right?

Take a look beyond the corn rows and get your hands on the police report before you talk about "truth."

I don't give a damn about the corn rows, and I don't give a damn about his being a big star. He did what he did. He seems to have matured since then, or at least smartened up. That doesn't make the incident disappear.

sorry pacman...no room for you..go back to the strip club

I don't give a damn about the corn rows, and I don't give a damn about his being a big star. He did what he did. He seems to have matured since then, or at least smartened up. That doesn't make the incident disappear.

Here's an account of the incident. Clearly, it was childish and harmful behavior. I just think there's a difference in degree between what Moss did and being involved in shootings like pacman.

Jerry Hullerman, 46, said he saw the incident while parked near the intersection.

"I saw a really decked-out Lexus pushing the traffic person along," said Hullerman, who was also interviewed by police. "It was really surreal."

He said the agent was facing forward while sitting on the front of the car with one hand on the hood and the other hand on her radio as the car pushed her along.

After a few seconds, Hullerman said, the man in the car tapped the accelerator and knocked her down. "She fell flat on her face," Hullerman said, adding that the driver didn't get out of his car.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story...0d5d80753d85&template=with-video&confirm=true

Trade talks between Cowboys, Titans intensifying
By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

NFL sources said Thursday that trade talks between the Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans regarding suspended cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones are intensifying.

One person close to the talks predicted a deal could be completed in the next week. Dallas would get the talented and troubled Jones while the Titans would receive a mid-round draft pick.

...Initially, they started with Dallas offering Tennessee a choice of players from its roster. When the Titans could not find a player on the list they liked, the conversation shifted to a draft pick.

Now the sides are said to be closing in on a deal that could be consummated before Cowboys and Titans officials depart for the March 30 annual meeting in Palm Beach, Fla.

Of course, Jones first will have to be reinstated, and no one is sure if and when that will happen. But if and when it does, Jones could be the Cowboys' property, one of Jerry Jones’ biggest gambles to date.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/032108dnspocowlede.cff476d.html

Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones
By Calvin Watkins / The Dallas Morning News

The Dallas Cowboys have held preliminary discussions with the Tennessee Titans about trading for suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, according to a source. The Cowboys could give up a late-round draft pick to acquire Jones. According to a source, Titans officials are not in a hurry to make a deal but realize the best way to move on without Jones is to trade him.

Jones told his Atlanta-based agent, Manny Arora, if traded he would put the Cowboys near the top of the list of teams he would play for. Arora, however, said he's talked to numerous teams about Jones and would like a trade to occur before the NFL draft on April 26-27. "If Tennessee chooses not to have him on their roster next year, it's in their best interest to trade him," Arora said, "because if not, they would get no compensation."

An NFL spokesman said Jones, suspended since April 2007 for violations of the NFL conduct policy, can still be traded to another team. The Cowboys are $3.9 million under the salary cap, and Jones is scheduled to earn a base salary of $1.292 million whenever he returns to the field.

Jones, 24, is scheduled to become a free agent following the 2009 season. A source said Jones is willing to renegotiate his contract at a lower salary to accommodate a team willing to sign him. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he will review Jones' suspension before training camps open in July. But Arora would like to speed up the process because he doesn't want a team with needs at cornerback to draft one without taking a serious look at Jones.

The Cowboys need depth at cornerback after losing both backup corners in free agency. "The way I feel, if they bring in Tank [Johnson] or [cornerback] DeAngelo Hall or whoever, they understand what's at stake," Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware said. "They understand how many guys are really working. Like Tank was saying when he came here, 'I've never seen as many guys working out at the same time and have the same drive in off-season workouts.' "

Last month at the NFL scouting combine, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he wanted to add a "wow" factor to the team. On Monday, Jones told ESPN it was doubtful he could add an impact player now, yet he was confident it might happen in the future.

Arora said he wants to bring Pacman Jones to a team that has strong leadership at the coaching and management positions, plus a solid off-the-field program. The Cowboys tout their off-the-field player development programs, where former NFL player Calvin Hill is a consultant, as one of the best in the NFL.

Just another absurd story put out by the fat slob. I wonder if Walsh tipped off on this one too.

You can say no strip clubs, set a curfew. It's not impossible.

True. Definitely not impossible.

To paraphrase W.C Fields, I've done it a thousand times.

I'm sorry, Herald? What's that?

I hear the Foxy Lady has offered the team free lap dances for a year if they DON'T bring this POS to New England.

giving up a 3rd round pick and working out a restrictive contract which allows the team to cut Jones for any proscribed activities is not a risk of epic proportions.

No, its a risk of Duane Starks proportions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes