PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Herald: Javarris James to the 53 (Update: Refuted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the second time in one week that Rappaport has loudly "scooped" wrong information.

Last week he congratulated himself on 'scooping' the THREE year Brady extension for $58 MILLION possible within 24 hours (turned out to be 72 hours).

How much longer will the public tolerate this jamoke? Rappaport makes Tomase look like a fastidiously careful reporter.

OK, he got it from Caplan, however, how about CONFIRMING with another source????? This would have helped Tomase.

Where are the EDITORS at the Boston Herald??????

Last edited:
Anytime you can get a Cane in the House it's a good thing!

If he is half as good as his brother Edgerrin, we got something!

If he ain't on the roster now, he will be soon enough!

"We got some Canes in the House! Whoosh! Whoosh!"

Last edited:
This is the second time in one week that Rappaport has loudly "scooped" wrong information.

Last week he congratulated himself on 'scooping' the THREE year Brady extension for $58 MILLION possible within 24 hours (turned out to be 72 hours).

How much longer will the public tolerate this jamoke? Rappaport makes Tomase look like a fastidiously careful reporter.

I also think he's the one that jumped the gun on the cutting of Chris Taylor, though in that case, its hard to fault him.

Overall, I like Rappaport. But I agree that he - and the Herald - are a little quick with the trigger on stories. Perhaps since the Tomase (Super Bowl 42 MVP John Tomase, that is) fiasco destroyed their reputation, they figure they have nothing to lose and can throw stuff out there and see what sticks. They've proven they have no accountability.

Again, that said, I like Rap. I've listened to him on DA - I think he's one of the better beat guys out there.

Last edited:
Rappaport is the best beat writer going for the Pats right now. He was off by a year on Brady's contract, but was right right about the actuall deal and yearly value.

Second...the original James info came from Adam Caplan, Rappaport just relayed the info.

Rappaport is constantly updating pats info, how someone can not like what he's done so far is bogus....big deal if he works for the herlald, im not going to boycott every writer/publication that has something negative to say about the Pats.

I also think he's the one that jumped the gun on the cutting of Chris Taylor, though in that case, its hard to fault him.

Overall, I like Rappaport. But I agree that he - and the Herald - are a little quick with the trigger on stories. Perhaps since the Tomase (Super Bowl 42 MVP John Tomase, that is) fiasco destroyed their reputation, they figure they have nothing to lose and can throw stuff out there and see what sticks. They've proven they have no accountability.

Again, that said, I like Rap. I've listened to him on DA - I think he's one of the better beat guys out there.

No the Chris Taylor info was correct, but the Pats decided they needed a body to take some hits for the 4th preseason game and changed their minds. The agents are the ones who tell Rappaport these things.

People: Rapoport did not report this story - Adam Caplan did. Rapoport merely passed along a link to Caplan's report, just like Mike Reiss so often says "according to a report in The Boston Herald..."

People: Rapoport did not report this story - Adam Caplan did. Rapoport merely passed along a link to Caplan's report, just like Mike Reiss so often says "according to a report in The Boston Herald..."

True, but he passed it along without confirming it. Neither Reiss nor Breer made the same mistake. If a reporters job were to blindly pass along news items without thought, then they'd all be replaced by RSS feeds by now.

Rappaport is the best beat writer going for the Pats right now. He was off by a year on Brady's contract, but was right right about the actuall deal and yearly value.

Second...the original James info came from Adam Caplan, Rappaport just relayed the info.

Rappaport is constantly updating pats info, how someone can not like what he's done so far is bogus....big deal if he works for the herlald, im not going to boycott every writer/publication that has something negative to say about the Pats.

He wasn't writing anything negative about the Pats, R_T26.

Just wrong information. It's very simple.

Just like Tomase did before SB42 "according to my one and only source......"

Check sources. Journalism 101.

Last edited:
true, but he passed it along without confirming it. Neither reiss nor breer made the same mistake. If a reporters job were to blindly pass along news items without thought, then they'd all be replaced by rss feeds by now.

b-i-n-g-o.

Rappaport is a serial misinformer. The cardinal rule of journalism is "Get it first, but get it right".

This guy is sloppy in his quest for speed. If he grows up, maybe he can become a Reiss, Breer or Price.

One would think, by now, that the management at the Herald would have learned from their prior malpractice mistakes.

Last edited:
Reiss is the only reporter in the whole town who verifies his information, period.

Funniest thing i saw was the twit from the agent who wasn't Crables back to Reiss.

"Mike, I'm not his agent, verify." Of course his information was true, but he didn't want Reiss to think he was getting it from Crables agent, because Reiss actually has a reputation to uphold. Beautiful.

When Reiss says a story is verified, it is.

Last edited:
Anytime you can get a Cane in the House it's a good thing!

If he is half as good as his brother Edgerrin, we got something!

If he ain't on the roster now, he will be soon enough!

"We got some Canes in the House! Whoosh! Whoosh!"

How old is this?

Nowadays its "We got some canes over here, Whoosh! Whoosh!"

True, but he passed it along without confirming it. Neither Reiss nor Breer made the same mistake. If a reporters job were to blindly pass along news items without thought, then they'd all be replaced by RSS feeds by now.

"And then he turned me into a newt!"

"A what?"

"A newt!"

quizzical look.......

"I got better.......":rolleyes:

True, but he passed it along without confirming it. Neither Reiss nor Breer made the same mistake.

Really? Reiss did just that "6 hours ago."
Mike Reiss (MikeReiss) on Twitter

caplannfl #Patriots are expected to sign rookie RB Javarris James off their practice squad to replace Maroney, source said. about 6 hours ago via TweetDeck. Retweeted by MikeReiss and 5 others

Reporters routinely retweet the words of those they trust. It's a quick way to give attribution and credit. Rapport's sin was following up his retweet with his own reporting. No one else did that.

Reiss is the best and I'm not criticizing him. But I have to disagree with the criticism of Rapoport here.

Last edited:
What type of runner is James?
Big, small??

A Faulk substitute or Dillon-esque??

I actually like Danny Woodhead, living in NYC, I've had a chance to see him a lot, and he's an explosive little guy. He could be a Kevin Faulk type of guy, a nightmare for LB's to cover on passes. I wouldn't be surprised if someone picks him up soon, and he has a productive career.

Add another into the Danny Woodhead fanclub! Love his hustle and desire, especially on Special Teams. He would play ST where Maroney can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back