PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Herald: Javarris James to the 53 (Update: Refuted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, he must have really impressed the coaching staff, although he probably isn't going to be active for a lot of games.

Very surprised at that.

Thought Murrell would have been resigned.

Interesting...

So now the decision looks like this:

Is James, Green-Ellis, and a 4th > Maroney, Green-Ellis, and a 6th?

Time will tell.

Interesting that he has ascended so quickly.

Here's the basic data and summary on him. He was projected to go in the final round of the draft, or go undrafted.

A Colts fan page did a fairly good assessment of his skills prior to his release.

Here's to hoping he can contribute

I seriously thought the move would have been to sign a recently released Jets player, like Danny Woodhead, drain all his knowledge and then cut him after this week.

I seriously thought the move would have been to sign a recently released Jets player, like Danny Woodhead, drain all his knowledge and then cut him after this week.

I don't think we need that against the Jets. We've seen enough of them, and had no trouble with them 2nd game of last year.

I don't think we need that against the Jets. We've seen enough of them, and had no trouble with them 2nd game of last year.

That's true. Plus it doesn't take a genius to figure out that offense.

On a Side note
He is Edgerrin James brother

He may be in there as a blocker, because he doesn't have the explosiveness that his cousin had. I wouldn't be surprised to see this because we've had problems using Dan Connolly as FB, not because of Connolly but because of Wendell who takes Connolly's place at LG. He keeps getting blown off the line.

He may be in there as a blocker, because he doesn't have the explosiveness that his cousin had. I wouldn't be surprised to see this because we've had problems using Dan Connolly as FB, not because of Connolly but because of Wendell who takes Connolly's place at LG. He keeps getting blown off the line.

Down the road you could be right, but I'd be surprised if he was active against the Jets this week. With the other four backs healthy, I don't think we're going to carry five, especially against a team we're not going to run much against.

Hurry and coach him up, Dante!

I think it's cousin, not brother.

The Patriots are expected to sign RB Javarris James off their practice squad to replace Laurence Maroney, according to Scout.com's Adam Caplan.
This would be a confusing move. The Patriots already have four healthy running backs on the roster and James is a fringe talent at best. Edgerrin's brother is not in the mix for carries, even if he is active Sunday.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

I thought it was going to be Mankins to take Moroney's spot

I thought it was going to be Mankins to take Moroney's spot

I think this has been the wishful thinking on most people's part. Still doesn't mean a Mankins deal isn't possible... I'm sure they can think of someone else to part with to make room for him if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down