Not open for further replies.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'm not here to second guess but...

I realize it is the Pat's front office strategy to assign a $ value to each position and not overpay at the expense of the team. This works well in a vacuum, but something the front office has not accounted for is the fact that opposing teams may pick up these players and fill glaring weaknesses.

Case in point is AV. Does Vanderjerk hit 5 FG's in Baltimore? Gramatica?? Maybe the Colts lose without AV.

Gost has been excellent. But AV has provided the Colts just what they were missing. I feel the FO has to account for this when making this decisions in the future. Which brings me to...

AV is gone but Asante is still here. The Pat's cannot let him go. He will absolutely be signed by the Jets. CB is one of their HUGE weaknesses. The Pats cannot afford to let him go to a division rival. Franchise him. Whatever they have to do.

I realize it is the Pat's front office strategy to assign a $ value to each position and not overpay at the expense of the team. This works well in a vacuum, but something the front office has not accounted for is the fact that opposing teams may pick up these players and fill glaring weaknesses.

Case in point is AV. Does Vanderjerk hit 5 FG's in Baltimore? Gramatica?? Maybe the Colts lose without AV.

Gost has been excellent. But AV has provided the Colts just what they were missing. I feel the FO has to account for this when making this decisions in the future. Which brings me to...

AV is gone but Asante is still here. The Pat's cannot let him go. He will absolutely be signed by the Jets. CB is one of their HUGE weaknesses. The Pats cannot afford to let him go to a division rival. Franchise him. Whatever they have to do.
Whatever they have to do??? I also would like to see Asante here..but at all costs?? No..you can't do that..if they can sign him without breaking the bank..yes..MAYBE even frabchising him with the hope of him staying here and a long term deal. I will trust what they do..they seem to know what they are doing..so why NOT trust their judgement??

As long as the pats have good drafts to replenish and IMPROVE the team then it's alright to lose players. the thing about most championship teams is that they don't add players to get better. look at the dallas cowboys, once players left the dynasty was over.

the pats have transitioned well and are in good position to compete for the next few years.

jsut ask the niners how they backloaded contracts to keep players and they suffered awfully.

if anything...i would imagine there would be some free agents who saw the pats winning and would want to come here for maybe a smaller amt of money or what is the money was equal?

Yes, any of those you mentioned hits 5 field goals in a game.

The difference between kicker is percentage points. AV missed 2 kicks against us.

When you find a kicker that can save a game when you're 4 points behind, let me know.

AV made some huge kicks for us, but he's just a kicker, can't run, play d or pass.

By the way, do you know who holds the Patriots record for longest field goal in the playoffs?

P.S. Your argument is ridiculous. The Colts only allowed 6 points, so 3 field goals win it.

I think you're suffering from horrible revisionist history i.e. Vandershank. He would have made all 5 of those saturday since they weren't the "clutch" variety. the guy was the most accurate kicker ever entering this year (I don't know if this has changed).

If we are able to improve our team, I don't care what happens to other teams. I am confident we can beat the Colts regardless of who will be kicking for them.

Sure it's ridiculous. VJ hits 3/5 and they still win the game.

All I'm saying is I don't want to see AS in Jet green next season. They have additional money under the cap. Make him a fair offer and if that doesn't fly franchise him. That won't be "breaking the bank"

Sure it's ridiculous. VJ hits 3/5 and they still win the game.

All I'm saying is I don't want to see AS in Jet green next season. They have additional money under the cap. Make him a fair offer and if that doesn't fly franchise him. That won't be "breaking the bank"

you realize Asante had "get paid" tattoed on his arm, right?

i agree with franchising him, because then you can either pay him 7-8M for one year or trade him and dictate where he goes. if you expect a contract to be agreed upon you're fooling yourself though.

and VJ would have made 5/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back