PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help with Wilfork Interception

Status
Not open for further replies.

arubin

On the Roster
Reaction score
When they mentioned it was Wilfork's first interception, I for sure remember there was a time in a week 1 where he intercepted a pass and it was a joke that he led the league in interceptions. Does anyone remember that? Was that maybe a preseason game then a few years ago? Different player?

When they mentioned it was Wilfork's first interception, I for sure remember there was a time in a week 1 where he intercepted a pass and it was a joke that he led the league in interceptions. Does anyone remember that? Was that maybe a preseason game then a few years ago? Different player?

It must have been a different player because that is Wilfork's 1st interception.

He had that hysterical run back against the Jets a few years ago,but that was off a fumble.

Last edited:
I clicked back through the last few years of stats, and the first DL with an INT I saw was Seymour in 2006, but I didn't check which game he got it.

That was the Home opener against the Raiders in 2005. That was a Thursday night game, the first game of the year because of the Pats being the defending champ. In the game Wilfork caught what was first ruled an interception thus leading the league in int. It was later ruled a rumble recovery.

Thank you so much! That is it!

The first year when Moss was with the Raiders and they played the Pats opening night I believe, Wilfork had an INT that was later ruled a fumble recovery in that game...

Nobody better throw to Vince Island. Errr, make that Vince Continent.

That was the Home opener against the Raiders in 2005. That was a Thursday night game, the first game of the year because of the Pats being the defending champ. In the game Wilfork caught what was first ruled an interception thus leading the league in int. It was later ruled a rumble recovery.
kim_jong_il_team_america_2.jpg

Rumble recovery? :p That damned Rince Rilfork.

Last edited:
watching that tribute video i can only notice that Wilfork used to be a LOT more animated and active than he is now....

i mean this in a "between the downs" type of thing....

but digging deeper....he hasnt really made plays like that lately has he?

He said he had one in high school so I guess he now has 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes