Welcome to PatsFans.com

Help with a Chad Jackson question

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ChadJacksonFan, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChadJacksonFan

ChadJacksonFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just because he was activated off the PUP list and became part of the 53 man roster he must still be listed on the 45 man game roster to play is this correct? The 8 that don't make the 45 I guess they are just listed as injured for that game? In the next 2 games do any of you feel like Chad will make the 45 man game roster? Thanks!
  2. jbb9s

jbb9s Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Re: Help with a Chad jackson question,

Ordinarily I would say no but since they need to evaluate CJ immediately so that they can make a determination on Donte Stallworth's future I would say yes - CJ will get in there pronto.
  3. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The 8 inactives are not listed as "injured", they are just "inactive". He should get some playing time somewhere along the line.
  4. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

Kid, get yourself another hobby because if Chad is a bust, I'm afraid you're going to take your own life. You don't seem to have any other interest besides Chad. You're either his mother or a stalker.:D
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  5. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Easy, killer. If Chad is a bust when all is said in done, it'll be in the eyes of NE Pats fans only (barring permanent injury).

I'm guessing you never heard of the guy a) before he was drafted or b0 before he might have been drafted.

BTW: How did Kellen Winslow do his first two seasons? Which is worse, being stupid, or getting hurt playing football? If you want to debate it out, fine. Let's start with my vocational question first.

PS: I just re-read your post. Sorry, bro. It's actually innocuous. So, my post applies if you're an anti-Chad guy, only. I'm a bit touchy on the subject, too. Argh!
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  6. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

We're talking NFL here not college. I have no interest in debating an opinion. So far, he's done little in the NFL. I can't wait to hear how he's been so successful as an NFL player so far. This is an NFL team, not a college team.
  7. RussFrancis

RussFrancis Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chad Jackson is going to be an x-factor down the stretch. Im sure theyll use him based on gameplanning and matchups from week to week. We need to see where his strength and speed are right now, but Bill doesnt play games. Im guessing if he's made the 53 man roster and didnt get IRed, its for good reason. He may not play against Pittsburgh as that will be far the toughest game imo and their pass rush may not afford Brady enough time to look around for Jackson. But I think he's got a good chance of playing every other game. As has been said, the possibility exists that he'll be running on the other side of Moss next year, but he's got alot to prove. Youve gotta love his size and speed, but he needs to earn some stripes. But matched up in a slot to spell Welker or opposite Welker in 4 receiver sets, he could be a nightmare matchup for Ds. Just be patient. He'll be OK.
  8. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fair enough. But, if you want to banter, settle down. If you really want to banter, you may want to lighten up in general.

It's a rare occasion where an NFL player ever sees the light of day without a track record in the NCAA. I'd be pretty hard pressed to show you irrefutable evidence of an NFL player, half-way through his second pro season that doesn't have more experience in the college ranks than he has in your finite proving grounds. Yeah?

---we'll proceed from here if you're game.

BTW: IF you're really interested in starting this based on affront, go back and read what I wrote.

And, to start you off, I completely agree that he has done little in the NFL, as of yet.
  9. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

No interest in debating the "promising" career of a guy who hasn't proven himself. If you're asking me if I accept his college career as a starting point, I don't. And, I'm no kid so stop with the settle down stuff. I'm old enough to be his father. Go back and read my first post. I said "if he's a bust". That wasn't an invitation to debate his college career. I have no interest in it. The list of great college players who are NFL busts is long. Since we can't agree on what to debate (you keep wanting to debate his college career) then I guess this is over.
  10. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +445 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

The guy didn't ask for a debate, I think he went to high school with him.

It was a legitimate question about a guy that just got activated.

If you think yelling he's a bust about anyone is novel or interesting, I think you're wrong. No one really cares what you think because it isn't based on anything.
  11. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fine then. Forgive me for mistaking the purpose of this message board as a means by which people could come to an understanding regarding differences of opinion. Since you are as old as you'd like me me to defer to, it is with great reluctance that I no longer regard you as a mind worth debating. You have simply disregarded my offerings as juvenile and, more debilitatingly, worthless. Not only have you disregarded the tone by which I have proferred a starting point FOR debate, you have relegated it as beneath you status, as both an authority on all matters related and as a general tool who has missed the f#cking point completely.

Thanks for sparing my time. Go Pats!
  12. JustWinBrady

JustWinBrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

if he wants makes the 45 game day roster, he will have to make his mark on special teams first. that is the main reason why kelly washington is active during game days.
  13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Quit trying to be rational when these guys want to have or want to accuse each other of wanting to have a pissing match.

The kid has talent or Bill wouldn't have drafted him as highly as he did. But talent and where you are drafted is no guarantee in the pros. He barely got any snaps at WR as a rookie. Whether or not he gets any down the stretch will depend on how he performs in practice, and it's hard to get enough reps let alone with the first team to build any kind of rapore in practice once the season starts unless you are subbing for an injured starter. The CJ fan club will have to forgive those of us who are not rooting for that.

And evaluating him in season is really a luxury and not a priority for a team that to date is undefeated and headed to the playoffs and hopefully a SB. I don't think they are planning on his replacing Stallworth any time soon, but are more likely interested to see if he can remain healthy over the last 10 weeks of the season to be evaluated as a potential replacement for Gaffney and/or Washington heading into 2008. Whether or not he's active on any game days in 2007 will depend on game day need and roster health as much as anything. With the exception of the injured Bill will activate the 45 players he feels give him the best chance of winning each week. And starting next week he will likely be competing with (or behind in the pecking order) a guy Bill knows if healthy knows all the routes and adjustments and blocking assignments and can sub for a couple of receivers not to mention in nickle and dime defenses and on ST.
  14. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 3 / -2

Yeah .... I think ST is why he will probably make the 45. I don't think there
    is much doubt that he can possibly replace Stallworth or Gaffney as far
    as his skills go. But it is physical endurance that is the question I believe.
    On ST he would get to show he can handle the physical part of the game.

Also, in 4th Q if PATs have a signifiant lead they may use him to get experience at in the system during game time conditions.
  15. bubthegrub1

bubthegrub1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd also expect him to get a look or two in games like Miami or the Jests. I think BB will also get Washingtonin there, too. These guys need gametime experience in case (God forbid!) one of the starting WRs went down in the playoffs. I live in SC, and have seen Jackson when he was a Gator quite a few times. He definitely has the skills. Whether or not he can translate that into success in the NFL is yet to be seen. But I don't like it when people immediately say someone is a bust because they don't start right away. If Chad can't break into the rotation and become productive by the end of 08, I'll say he was a bust. Hopefully he can stay healthy. But I'm sure he'll get on the field down the stretch. Unless he gives Bill a reason not to trust him.
  16. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I believe 10-15 catches out of CJ will be a successful season considering the time he missed and the receivers around him.

I'd like to see how good of a blocker he is in the running game if he is lined up in the slot.

Anyone have evaluations on his blocking?
  17. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 6 / -0

I definitely think Jackson will see some meaningful action this season. Think of it from a defensive coordinator's perspective: would you want to see Moss, Stallworth and Jackson all lining up together? If the Pats know they wouldn't want to defend it, they'll put it on the field.

Meanwhile, as we luxuriously debate whether the Patriots have room for him, let us give thanks and contemplate:

If Chad Jackson were a Colt, he would be starting today.
  18. Tyler.Durden

Tyler.Durden Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The guy has to be healthy, get his routes correct and perform when he is called upon just like everyone else.

Obviously he has been activated for a reason. He is gonna get some time, the rest if up to him. I hope it works out.
  19. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

Did you even read my response?
  20. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

Calling me a tool displays more about you than you think. Your condescending attitude and flowery attempt to sound enlightened doesn't impress me. Unlike you, I'll stick to the facts and reject your need to educate me on the high school or college career of Chad Jackson. I have enough people to follow around thank you. I will say this though, your digs and your awkwardly worded display is rendered completely hollow when you can't spell simple words like "preferred"and don't even ask me what "debilitatingly" means. Is that "deliberately" or something? Spend less time trying to sound smart and more time in school.:cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.