PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help on a mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGameguy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hey all,

So Ive been bored at work/school and have been trying to compile my first ever mock draft. It's going to be my own work, not just a consensus of other drafts, so I would like to know if you guys have any hints or tips as to how to get started. For example, the best ways to format it, etc. I own all of the major draft guides from the 02 draft to this years.

The way I've usually done things is list the team picking, the pick, the position the pick plays, the pick's college team, and a little write up in addition.

I.e:

1 Oakland: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU: The Raiders are in dire need of a new leader for their team, and Russell is the #1 QB on the board.

Also, if you get stuck on making a pick, fantasyfootballjungle.com is a nice resource for making intelligent need-based selections. Don't follow them verbatim, though, because their actual picks are a little out of date (i.e. Quentin Moses in the first round), but they actually show how many submitted mocks have selected each position for a certain team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes