PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help needed to show Brady's superiority...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have searched high and low, but haven't been able to dig up a poll that was done of NFL personnel showing that close to 2 to 1 would take Brady over Manning.

I live in Knoxville, TN (PM's alma mater) and I am constantly hearing comments that players, coaches, etc. would all take PM over Brady.

Anyone one know have a link to this?

Re: Help needed to show Brady's superiority..

IMO, anyone who claims that one guy is better than the other is full of crap.

They're both first ballot lock HoFers, best players of their generation. There is no difference between the two besides personal bias.

I don't think it's crap to think Brady's better, and 65% of the league agrees.

Here ya go.

They're both first ballot lock HoFers, best players of their generation. There is no difference between the two besides personal bias.
Won't offer much arguments to both of these points. I remember seeing a poll that showed the personal bias of the people working in the NFL and their personal bias was close to 2-1 for Brady. Would be nice to have something other than BS to throw in their faces to get them to STFU.

Anyone able to help someone out who's drowning in a sea of orange and Peyton worship? (They have a road down here called Peyton Pass, to give you some understanding of what I'm up against)

Let history sort it out. I don't know why people are obsessed about this.

I grew up when Montana & Marino were QB's. If someone asks me about them now, I remember both as being genuinely great QB's. If someone puts a harsh, bright light on me, and demands to know which is better, I'll say Montana because of his titles & a few other factors.

But generally, I'll remember they were both great & fun to watch.

Its actually more full of crap to avoid the question and call them the same.
They are very different. I think that physically, they end up pretty equal, the differences are not vast, and seem to equal out. I think both are very good with the cerebral aspects of being a QB, although I tend to favor Brady, based on comments made by BB (i.e. every time he comes off the field and tells him what he sees, he is seeing it exactly right) vs the impression that Manning is out-thinking people because of his machinations at the line of scrimmage. Where it separates to me is attitude. Brady is the consumate team player. Everything he does, says, and apparaently thinks is team first, all that matters is winning, while Manning consistently shows that what people think of him personally is part of his agenda. Not earthshattering, but to me there will be instances where, all things equal, you win because of Bradys attitude, and do not because of Mannings.
I dont think its a difficult question. Brady has won more. He came to a team every bit as bad as the one Manning came to. While people want to credit BB, lets not forget that Dungy pre-Manning was much more successful than BB per-Brady, and the opposite is true since. There has always been the argument of defenses, but an equal argument of offensive talent surrounding them. This year that has turned a bit. Brady has had more weapons, and the Colts have played better defense, and Brady is DESTRYOING Manning in all statistics as well as winning. If Brady wins Championships when he has fewer weapons and more D, then also wins Championships when he has more weapons, but the Colt D has caught up, where is the argument?
Doesn't 2007 also eradicate the stats argument?

My guess is if you give Brady lesser weapons to throw to, he'd still win three Super Bowls, and if you took away some of Mannings' weapons for a game, he'd likely have 6 interceptions. Just a guess on my part based on what I see.

My guess is if you give Brady lesser weapons to throw to, he'd still win three Super Bowls, and if you took away some of Mannings' weapons for a game, he'd likely have 6 interceptions. Just a guess on my part based on what I see.

Hey did you see the over-rated players list also - a couple of them might be recognizable

Last edited:

Well, he'll probably be without "his weapons" this weekend, also. Would you put money on the idea that he'll throw 6 again?

I don't know; how come in these debates, I never hear the hypothetical "what if Manning had the defense Brady has had"...

Well, he'll probably be without "his weapons" this weekend, also. Would you put money on the idea that he'll throw 6 again?

I don't know; how come in these debates, I never hear the hypothetical "what if Manning had the defense Brady has had"...

I know - but is a Patriots board and they only want to spoon each other, and see things through the flying head glasses. whoa is me, everyone is against us, and Brady hasn't had any WR since he was playing 4th grade pee wee and throwing to his sister (who is the best athlete in the family).

Whoa is me....

I also never hear too much about the idea that maybe Peyton has an "all star cast" because good throwing has MADE them all stars. I'm not concluding that is the case, but it IS a possibility some of them might not be all-starts if, say, JP Losman is their QB...

I also never hear too much about the idea that maybe Peyton has an "all star cast" because good throwing has MADE them all stars. I'm not concluding that is the case, but it IS a possibility some of them might not be all-starts if, say, JP Losman is their QB...

What was the sample size of the "list"? 20 players were polled. Increase the sample size to get more of an acurate reading. Also, do this poll in 05' when Peyton threw 53 tds that year.

I know - but is a Patriots board and they only want to spoon each other, and see things through the flying head glasses. whoa is me, everyone is against us, and Brady hasn't had any WR since he was playing 4th grade pee wee and throwing to his sister (who is the best athlete in the family).

Whoa is me....

I think you meant to say woe... yes?? One think I can be sure though that is both of them are tough QBs SOBs, i remember one time Payton was hit in the mouth so bad that broke it or something but he still played through it. In the end it's great to be able to see this generation of football regardless.

He has a top5 defense now, one that not only held SD without a TD, but scored one, and he threw 6 ints to lose the game.
You do realize that in Bradys rookie year, he had a D ranked something like 23rd in the league, weapons that consisted of Troy Brown, David Patten, Charles Johnson and Fred Coleman at WR, Rod Rutledge and Jermaine (Waiver claim) Wiggins at TE, Antowain Smith at RB, and Marc Edwards at FB, and went 11-3 in the reg season and won the SB.
Please show me the year Manning had a 23rd ranked defense and comparable weapons and won anything.

You are seeing the answer to what if Manning had a better D (becuase he would have had lesser weapons to be able to afford it) right now. Result? 0-2

He has a top5 defense now, one that not only held SD without a TD, but scored one, and he threw 6 ints to lose the game.
You do realize that in Bradys rookie year, he had a D ranked something like 23rd in the league, weapons that consisted of Troy Brown, David Patten, Charles Johnson and Fred Coleman at WR, Rod Rutledge and Jermaine (Waiver claim) Wiggins at TE, Antowain Smith at RB, and Marc Edwards at FB, and went 11-3 in the reg season and won the SB.
Please show me the year Manning had a 23rd ranked defense and comparable weapons and won anything.

You are seeing the answer to what if Manning had a better D (becuase he would have had lesser weapons to be able to afford it) right now. Result? 0-2

Actually, a lot of people argued that we saw that last year, and said he finally had a good D last year. And they won the Superbowl.

They'll probably still go 12-4 this season, at worst.

Brady is great, and if history stopped now, he would go down as "better" than Manning. I just think some of the arguments made are a little silly.

What was the sample size of the "list"? 20 players were polled. Increase the sample size to get more of an acurate reading. Also, do this poll in 05' when Peyton threw 53 tds that year.

Very interesting. Are you Peyton Manning? Because its interesting that you said why not 2005 when he compiled stats rather than 2006 when he won a SB.

Actually, a lot of people argued that we saw that last year, and said he finally had a good D last year. And they won the Superbowl.

They'll probably still go 12-4 this season, at worst.

Brady is great, and if history stopped now, he would go down as "better" than Manning. I just think some of the arguments made are a little silly.

Here is two quick questions:

Does Peyton go to the HOF without Superbowl win? - Yes
Does Brady go to the HOF without Superbowl wins? - No

Brady is not even ranked in the top 50 of all - time, let alone to be considered as good as Peyton...

Heck - it will take him 4 more years to pass the great Kerry Collins..In 4 more years, Peyton moves from his current position of 10th to 3rd, behind Favre and Marino....

Currently:
Manny rank 10th
Brady rank 50+

Not sure aobut the arguement. They both are superbowl winners, but one is far superior statistically. Manning will probably own every record, and still be a superbowl winner. While Brady will probably fall in around 25th all-time statisically, with 3 superbowls. Not sure an arguement can be made for Brady. Because stats are a reflection of the player, while superbowls are a reflection of the Team.

Brady will get 3? So he's done already?

Manning can have all the records, he's probably UT's leading passer too huh? That's impressive.

It's been said before, what would a top notch defense have done for Manning in the choke playoff performances?
When they put up 3 in foxboro? Is the 'd' supposed to hold the Pats to 0?
Or 14? Is that really enough to win in the playoffs?
Heck, they not only needed that good defense of last year to win, but they needed to play Rex Grossman and the Bears too?
How's his playoff passer rating? You know, when it counts?

A-rod's a great regular season performer, who may have a ton of records too, but I doubt he'll ever be considered truly great until he leads his team to the title, not tags along for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes