PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help me out here - who do I root for next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen Da Pats Fan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
1. I am traditionally an AFC guy.

2. On one hand, I find myself with a sense of respect for the Steelers, perhaps as a result of our recent battles with them for AFC supremacy.

3. On the other hand, I also have a little distaste for the Steelers because of past comments made by Joey Porter, Kordell Stewart, Hines Ward, et al, that kind of disrespected the Pats.

4. The Seahwaks have two kids of former Pats - Hasselbeck & Tatupu. I could root for THEM.

5. I can't stand Mike "The Walrus" Holmgren!

Oh, well, at least I can go to a Super Bowl party this year.

The past two years, I have had to turn down invitations because I must watch the Pats alone in my living room with my daughter (who is also a "die-hahd")...

ADPF

I just posted a thread at the same time as yours. As far as the previous Steeler comments , they have already paid the price for them.

You sound as if you are looking for the same thing I am. That is someone that you want to lose- not win.

Keep the faith- this week is media time and someone will come out with something that will blow us away. Then we will have what we are looking for- a team that we want to lose.

I'm rooting for the Seahawks because they've never won a SB, and as we all know the first one's the best.

do you remember the old afl-nfl wars?

Patters said:
I'm rooting for the Seahawks because they've never won a SB, and as we all know the first one's the best.
i do. and then after it was afc-nfc, those games still had a little zing to the. like up to 1975.
i root for the afc champion.
yeah, the steelers talk at lotta $h!t. it'll be nice to see them direct it toward the seahawks.
i actually like the steelers. IMO patriots-steelers games are fun to watch because of the intenssity on the field. it also seems to me that altho the teams don't like each other, they respect each other.

I have to go for the Seahawks........
Firstly, from everything I have heard, they are nice guys not at all like those brash, loud mouth Steelers. THAT is reason enough!!
But having to sons of Ex-Patriot players in the game is really another big reason to do want Seattle to win.
When was the last time that area got any kind of championship?? Going back to the Sonics..years ago....so????
Steelers, first team to win a SB from a WIld Card?? No, the Patriot team of 85 got there..and no reason why this Steeler team should do any better.
Do you any of you wish to have those loud mouth Steeler fans even louder and more repulsive?? With a Steeler win they will be.
Think of all the Steeler trolls that have been on the board..do you remember all that many loud mouth Hawk fans in 04 when they played??
You wish to root for a dirty team like the Steelers,,,Bill Cowher and all his smirks?? PLus, Seattle is the under dog....Any good reason to root for the Steelers?? I see few reasons.

Armen Da Pats Fan said:

2. On one hand, I find myself with a sense of respect for the Steelers, perhaps as a result of our recent battles with them for AFC supremacy.

3. On the other hand, I also have a little distaste for the Steelers because of past comments made by Joey Porter, Kordell Stewart, Hines Ward, et al, that kind of disrespected the Pats.

4. The Seahwaks have two kids of former Pats - Hasselbeck & Tatupu. I could root for THEM.

The past two years, I have had to turn down invitations because I must watch the Pats alone in my living room with my daughter (who is also a "die-hahd")...

ADPF

There's only one AFC team I care about and Pitts ain't it. :p

Michael said:
There's only one AFC team I care about and Pitts ain't it. :p

You too the words out of my mouth... I rather be in a turkish prision for a month than, root for the squeelers...

It's difficult to envision any non Patriots team winning. I'm not a big fan of Holmgren but the Seahawks winning would be more easy to deal with for me. The only thing is, Holmgren would become the first coach ever to win two SB with two different teams. In some people's minds that could push him past Belichick. I guess I'm undecided too. Cowher winning is safe - for now anyway.

I have a lot of respect for the Steelers' toughness and persistence and sort of like some of the characters on that team. i also have great respect for their fans, who are some of the most passionate in the NFL. That being said, I think it's important that they NOT win the Super Bowl, which could instill confidence for future title runs and legitimize Cowher's legacy. I'm pulling for Seattle and hope they win big.

The Steelers and their Fans are classless. Root for the Seahawks or forever BURN IN HELL! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA AHHHHHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH. ;)

Patters said:

That is exactly why I'm leaning against them. The more teams that never win a SB make our 3 and counting even more special.

I must admit I (grudgingly) admire this Steelers team. They play a physical game like we do, and this year they finally played smart too. I think they learned that from us. They spanked the Colts and exposed them as overhyped SB frauds even in our absence and on their all important home field, for which I will be eternally grateful.

They are on quite a roll. I think it needs to stop here. :eat2:

If the Patriots couldn't win it this season I'd prefer the Lombardi go reside in the NFC for a year where we'll hear just a little less about the long range signignificance of the win. I particularly don't like the idea that it would go to an AFC team that already has 4 from a dynastic era long since past. Because you just know the Steelers fans and national media will start to spin how it is somehow a continuation, bridging that little decades long gap, and the start of another 4 in 6 run.

And while I don't think he's ever been a bad guy, do you really want to be subjected to all those the Bus goes out with the ultimate victory tributes ad nauseum for the next twelve months?

Take that thumb and......

Already I am sick and tired of hearing this is the team that brings Pittsburgh that long awaited "one for the thumb"

I do not want them to get that one for the thumb, I cannot stand the Steelers and their obnoxious fans - you think Eagle fans were bad?

So - it is easy for me - Seattle, never hurt us, never will - let them hoist that Lombardi this time around.

Am I the onoly one that truly believes we are a much better team than these two?

PATSNUTme said:
That is exactly why I'm leaning against them. The more teams that never win a SB make our 3 and counting even more special.
I'm the oposite. I fear that Pitts getting their 5th might make us getting our 4th 'less special' next year. :D

I'd much rather see the Seahags get their first. It does nothing to affect the 'specialness' of our 3 outta 4... IMHO.

Root for Seattle. We are only 1 SB win from tying the Steelers! And if the Steelers win, we'll hear for the rest of our lives that Big Ben was the "youngest quarterback to lead his team to a Super Bowl victory".

I can't deal with that.

PATSNUTme said:
Well, I'm not fond of five squeeler SBs to our three.

I'll root for the Seahanks, I can stand the Steelers, period.

I'm hoping that the Seahawks bring it home. In some ways they remind me of our 2001 SB team. I think it would be great for the fans in Seattle!

Armen Da Pats Fan said:

ADPF

I too am an AFL/AFC fan. Please recall that the Seahawks enterd the league as an AFC expansion club, then switched conferences like the Steelers and old Browns did in the other direction. So if you want to root for the Hawks, they have AFC roots too.

Last edited:
Seahawks. Do you really want to start hearing the Roethlisburger/Brady comparisons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes