PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help Has Arrived: Branch, Winslow, Fells and Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reed - never to be underestimated. I can't blame Brady for avoiding him.

Brady will avoid him until he's caught out of position, such as the touchdown that he had to Gronk in the AFCCG that he overthrew. Reed bit on the underneath coverage and wasn't even looking at Gronk coming up the seam.

I hope Josh and BB aren't committed to the exact base scheme that they seemed to have been before Hernandez went down. Hernandez is a unique player and nobody can replace what he does (sounds like another receiver we have). If BB and Josh think Winslow can step into those shoes and the O will hardly miss a beat, then their hubris knows no bounds.

I'm trusting that they're worried more about adjusting the offense to deal Hernandez's absence than by simply trying to replace him.

That's if Welker even sees the game. :eek:

And I think Branch will do more than you think.
Brady and Branch are going to light it up in the first quarter.

I think Branch will have a big game, too.

^ Agreed, I think with Welker likely getting the start in slot this week in a 3wr formation Branch will be able to instantly come in and contribute as a second-choice wideout behind Lloyd. It would make sense to me for Branch and Edleman to share most of these snaps, with Branch getting situational nods such as no-huddle due to his undeniable chemistry with Brady. I would also think Edleman would provide some slot relief for Wes as well, but would not be 'taking' nearly as many snaps from Wes as in the past few weeks. If Brady is not comfortable with three out of four of his favorite targets on the field where he likes them to be, then we have much bigger issues this season.

I don't see any chance the team looks as lost and bewildered as they did last week......in fact I don't know if it's possible for a team of this talent level to have it occur 2 weeks in a row.

If the Pats somehow do resemble last weeks team again in a Prime Time game in front of the world and with a possible bye week at stake,then I don't hold much hope they will ever get it together this year.

LOL. You're ready to abandon ship after week 3 of the season? Wow, overreact much? The Ravens have a top 5 defense in the league. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pats offense struggled at times against them. I think the Pats will play better than against the Cards though... as long as they don't turn the ball over they will eventually find their groove.

It's time for them to prepare,come and play like they mean it or go home with thier tail between their legs.

In fact I won't be upset if they lose going down in a blaze of glory,as long as the effort was there is what I would love to see,it wasn't there last week.

Tails between their legs... That's what you call a 2 point loss against the cards that was a very winnable game? I swear Pats fans are spoiled to death by this team. If they don't put 30 on the board there are complaints. Even if they do put 30 on the board, I bet we will still hear some complaints.

LOL. You're ready to abandon ship after week 3 of the season? Wow, overreact much? The Ravens have a top 5 defense in the league. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pats offense struggled at times against them. I think the Pats will play better than against the Cards though... as long as they don't turn the ball over they will eventually find their groove.

Tails between their legs... That's what you call a 2 point loss against the cards that was a very winnable game? I swear Pats fans are spoiled to death by this team. If they don't put 30 on the board there are complaints. Even if they do put 30 on the board, I bet we will still hear some complaints.

I love how people who cry about effort and focus EVERY time the team loses, say before the game they are fine if they lose but show effort.
Then if they lose, of course, it was because of a lack of effort.:rolleyes:

You forget about Haloti Ngata all of a sudden?
I did actually. I mean I was not thinking ahead - just trying to inject a little perspective that that Cards front seven may be one of the best in the league. Probably better than the Ravens minus Suggs.

But no, I don't relish the idea of a Thomas matching up with a Ngata. I do have doubts about Ngata since his injury but if he's really back in form then, yeh, ugly man. Cringe man.

But no, I don't relish the idea of a Thomas matching up with a Ngata.

Thomas shouldn't even have to see the field, let alone match up with Ngata tomorrow.

Connelly will almost definitely be out there, unless he can't go during warmups or something.

i expect them to run...alot.

i also expect hoohmanawanui to be sent to the practice squad soon after (or does it have to be after the week 4 game?)

Is there news that the Pats are looking at him, or is this who you think they should go for? Looks good to me, but why is he still available?
One would venture ...... moolah! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back