PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help a fellow Canuk!

Lisa

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey,

I am travelling from Ontario, Canada to my first Patriots game on Dec. 30 against Miami. I am looking for any suggestions/tips when planning my trip. Such as affordable/close places to stay near the Gillette stadium. How to dress for the fridgid weather in the stands. What essentials to bring to tailgating. Great spots to park for tailgating. When we should leave so we can arrive and enjoy the 1pm game. Even things to do in Bosotn for New Years....etc. Etc. Etc.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

I'm going to my first game Oct 7,I'll be happy to pass on anything I can when I get back.

Hi Lisa, I am from Halifax NS< Im a season ticket holder and take in a few games each year.
We drive down in a truck since if you are tailgating, you need a fair amount of supplys. An example list would be:
Canopy - for rain, snow etc
BBQ (portable?)
Cooler (umm beer)
Food, snacks drinks, eating utensils, plates, plastic glasses, etc.
Chairs
for cooler season games a heater is great too (propane etc)
Also, some people (like me) have tarps to use as walls around the canopy to keep the cold and elements out and keep heat in.
Some people come back and tailgate more after a game to avoid the traffic, which is also fun to do (more food and drinks).
I have always parked in the stadium lots but there are other lots you can pay to use for tailgating too, that are within easy walking distance to the stadium.
We usually stay in a local hotel so its easy to come and go. IF you stay near stadium its fun to visit the stadium and patrios place (stores, hall of fame, etc) the day before the game so there is far less of a crowd and easy to wonder around. Also there is great outlet shopping about 7 miles away in Wrentham (we sometimes stay in a hotel near there).
Holiday Inn Sharon is also good for game lodging.
If you are staying in boston, lots of great hotels although much more expensive, Stay near Quincy Market for lots of activities, pubs, shopping, waterfront etc. Easy to walk anywhere in Boston for the most part and the subway (Tline) is cheap and easy to use as well.
Hope that helps

Thank you so much! This is a huge help! I am booking my hotels this week, I think we will stay close to the stadium like you suggested on the sat/sun and then spring for a nice hotel in Boston for New Years! I was just worried about quality of hotels near the stadium but I will take your area of where to book into consideration!

Thanks again "eh",

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
From New Brunswick and we went to our first game two years ago. We stayed South of Boston our first trip so we could be close to the stadium. We are going again this year and decided to stay closer to downtown Boston.

We found that we only ended up going to Gillette on Game Day and that a 15 minute drive or a 40 minute drive didn't make much of a difference on game day. The rest of the time we wished we had an easier commute into Boston for site-seeing, restaurants, and shopping. Its much nicer to tour around Boston without a car and a 40 minute commute on the "T" to and from Boston is a little long. Hotels are more expensive closer to Boston but there are a few that aren't too bad if you look for them. We decided to stay in Revere this time close to Logan ... they say its about 20 minutes on the T to Quincy Market ... much better than 40 minutes from Randolph area.

Enjoy the game, there is nothing like it!!

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back