PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Helmet to helmet on Brady? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthandmiles

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I can't see where this occured on the play by play transcript but it was is the second half. The replay was shot from the skycam and the hit came from up the middle. Anyone able to confirm this?

Not crying sour grapes but if there IS a so called Brady rule, shouldn't it apply when we play the Colts too? :rolleyes:

I definitely saw it too. If only Brady could have jerked his head like Henne they might have called it, but he was trying to keep upright so he could see the play. Definite helmet to helmet.

But its the Colts defense. They never do anything wrong.. :rolleyes:

I can't see where this occured on the play by play transcript but it was is the second half. The replay was shot from the skycam and the hit came from up the middle. Anyone able to confirm this?

Not crying sour grapes but if there IS a so called Brady rule, shouldn't it apply when we play the Colts too? :rolleyes:

I saw it - another brutal call.

Seriously, the Colts get the calls in their stadium against us. I hate sounding like a homer so badly, but this is 3 games now its been pretty one-sided.

saw it, multiple times too

I knew that we'd be whining about every little thing today.

I know what you play you're all talking about, but the Colts player didn't hit Brady's head. It was more of a helmet to the chest, with the top of the Colts player's helmet going just below Brady's chin. Brady's head went back a little, but not because of being hit with the Colts player's helmet. It was just the force of the impact.

I didn't have a big problem with that call, but Brady was hit low on several occasions. None were called.

Last edited:
I dont think the officating was THAT one sided. you could argue one maybe two calls but thats it. Stop bellyaching about the refs. If you complain one week about a penalty ebing called then dont complain the next when it isn't.

I know what you play you're all talking about, but the Colts player didn't hit Brady's head. It was more of a helmet to the chest, with the top of the Colts player's helmet going just below Brady's chin. Brady's head went back a little, but not because of being hit with the Colts player's helmet. It was just the force of the impact.

So in other words, the same type of hit as Chung's last week? ;)

I saw two hits to Brady's head, kind of annoyed me they weren't called ...

I'm glad someone brought this up. This is the exact hit Chung had on Henne, but he got the ball away so the focus of the play wasn't on the hit. There should be a fine if that's truly the standard the NFL has set.

Stop!!!!!, They couldn't manage 2 yards on 2 plays and the D sat out the 4th.

I hate those ticky tack penalties. I'm glad they didn't call it.

That isn't true at all. The guy came up the middle and the front of his helmet hit the front of Brady's. Perhaps you're thinking of a different play because the non-Pats fans in the room with me agreed that it was a clear helmet-to-helmet hit.

The one I saw I believe was a 3rd down play where an outside rusher got to Brady's arm, forcing an errant pass. The problem was that everyone was focusing on that guy and no one was looking at the guy who came in up the middle.

Stop!!!!!, They couldn't manage 2 yards on 2 plays and the D sat out the 4th.

What's frustrating is that they did get the two yards. The Pats lost a game due to poor use of timeouts, awful handling of the final series (the call on 3rd was sheer idiocy if they intended to go for it on 4th), a defense which couldn't get a stop at the end, and multiple screw-ups by refs. It makes no sense to point out the first three but leave out the fourth.

That isn't true at all. The guy came up the middle and the front of his helmet hit the front of Brady's. Perhaps you're thinking of a different play because the non-Pats fans in the room with me agreed that it was a clear helmet-to-helmet hit.

The one I saw I believe was a 3rd down play where an outside rusher got to Brady's arm, forcing an errant pass. The problem was that everyone was focusing on that guy and no one was looking at the guy who came in up the middle.

One of the two I saw was when Brady threw to his right to Stanbeck (? #9) and the DE hit him in the facemask with his helmet. He was throwing to his right and it was caught along the sideline near the two. Sadly, I think this may have been right before Maroney fumbled the ball away.

Agreed. *Ridiculous* that Chung was fined for the same thing.

the only call i was upset about was the BS PI one late in the game.

When I saw it I was not outraged and actually thought it might be the start of calling this penalty rationally. If it is not called like that consistantly fine by me. It just seemed odd that he was getting hit and there was no flag or even a discussion about it by the commentators. Where last week it was a penalty and a fine.

And we talked about PI not being reviewable last week. If it had happened against the Colts instead of us last night, Polian would have a rule changed next year fer sure.

Anyone got a video of this? I would like to see it.

I know I was certianly yelling for a flag on this play.

It was in the fourth quarter, the play where a Colts defender (not the one providing the late hit) made Brady fumble. Another player on the Colts charged through the middle and made clear helmet-to-helmet contact.

DEFINITELY worthy of a flag.

This has qualified as a penalty in many other situations. It doesn't count against the Colts because the refs avoid antagonizing Polian, who makes a practice of filing a complaint with the league about every iffy penalty called against his team. He has bragged about this on his radio show, and sees it as part of his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes