PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HELLWAY on PATS : It’s a fun arms race

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
“You always know you have to go through New England. With their track record over the last 10 years, they’re a team you’re going to have to be able to deal with,” Elway said. “For us to get done what we want to get done, you have to be able to beat them. It’s a fun arms race, and we’ll see what happens next year.”

It would be fun to watch the two teams play in the AFC Championship game again this year, hopefully with the opposite result though.

Elway rubs me the wrong way. Seeing a former NFL star athlete turn into a fat, blathering old man is kind of disgusting. I'll bet he drinks a ton of Coors.

I would prefer to see the Broncos knocked out of the playoffs, it would be much more entertaining to see Manning face in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

that's a friendly way of admitting your obsessions

************ you guys.

The dude effectively says that we're a threat and that we're so good that you have to plan on playing us to make it to the SB and you get offended?

************ you guys.

The dude effectively says that we're a threat and that we're so good that you have to plan on playing us to make it to the SB and you get offended?
Who cares what he says? Just seeing him swagger around with that fat gut hanging out is offense enough.

BB is already in the head of Elway and its only March.

Elway is making big moves that are going to screw the Broncos in future years while BB is sticking to the gameplan he's always had, not giving a fcuk about what anybody else is doing.

Who cares what he says? Just seeing him swagger around with that fat gut hanging out is offense enough.

I've found Elway to be offensive from the first time I heard him crying about where he was going to play in the NFL. The years and his bloated gut haven't changed that.

It was hard to tell from the article if Elway was asked about the Pats or not. If he wasn't asked specifically about the Pats then I'd say they're in his head a little.

Too bad they didn't capitalize with Forehead last year, three great weather days in Denver and NY. I don't think that one-in-a-million chance will happen again next year when they go to Foxboro. We'll be seeing Poopy Pants freezing out in the cold again.

BB is already in the head of Elway and its only March.

Elway is making big moves that are going to screw the Broncos in future years while BB is sticking to the gameplan he's always had, not giving a fcuk about what anybody else is doing.

BB is always ahead of people :If Revis helps us win the SB this year, you can bet your a@@ he will be demanding close to 15 mill next year and that will probably set the market value for CBs .Do you think Richard "I am the Best" Sherman will settle for less than what Revis is going to make? No way, and that will seriously cripple Seattle and their chances of signing multiple talented players and many other teams.

************ you guys.

Umm...where was anyone offended by his remarks. People are still allowed to dislike him for other reasons. Personally, I don't really care about him although I do think he is rather full of himself. His comment equating free agency with dating was obnoxious.

The funny thing is Elway thinks the Pats and Broncos are competing to win free agency.

I don't think Belichick thinks like that at all. He is trying to improve his team. Some of his moves may be geared to beat the Broncos since right now they are the Pats' biggest competitor for the AFC crown. But I don't think Belichick is trying to counter moves from the Broncos.

************ you guys.

I agree.

Elway is excited to be up where the Patriots have been the last decade and a half.

He has every right to look around and marvel at the view during his team's 2-3 year window.

Elway rubs me the wrong way. Seeing a former NFL star athlete turn into a fat, blathering old man is kind of disgusting. I'll bet he drinks a ton of Coors.
He's a fan who has played at the highest level and is running the business at the highest level. What's wrong with that? Rivalries are what makes sports great and I am THRILLED that Elway is talking about our team.

Hellway?

That's your attempt at an insult?

Sometimes when I read posts like this I feel like a kid out to dinner with my parents, just embarrassed at their attempts to look cool.

Hellway?

That's your attempt at an insult?

Sometimes when I read posts like this I feel like a kid out to dinner with my parents, just embarrassed at their attempts to look cool.
Says the 6 year old with an avatar of Brady in a superman cape... if that is not the height of hypocrisy i am not sure what else is .

Says the 6 year old with an avatar of Brady in a superman cape... if that is not the height of hypocrisy i am not sure what else is .

lol

You showed me

lmao, sick avatar burn dude.

Whoa, did Elway bang your wife or something.:eek:

It would be fun to watch the two teams play in the AFC Championship game again this year, hopefully with the opposite result though.

If you look at the signings by the two teams, the Patriots did things that directly influence their ability to beat Denver –

- Revis can shut down D Thomas
- Browner can shut down J Thomas

Then you look at the Broncos moves and it was upgrading over Rodgers-Cromartie and Phillips with Talib and Ware, which still stands to see how big of an upgrade they end up being as both of the formers had very good seasons in 2013. The other move was adding TJ Ward who is strong in the running game, I know the Patriots like to run the football but do not confuse us with a running team, so how impactful is a safety with questionable coverage ability going to be in games against the Patriots.

Talib cannot play the slot, and Ward cannot cover Gronkowski, so the two most prominent positions in our offense will still be poorly defended, compared to their which I highlight are now handled by our additions. Do not get me wrong these players are good additions but they do not have the same impact 1on1 in the Patriots vs. Denver games that our additions will have.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back