Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hell's Kitchen - Anyone watch it?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Ian, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +485 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

I know - reserve judgement please :rolleyes:

Just curious to see if anyone in here other than myself watches it.

2. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The UK version yeah. Does Ramsey do your one all the time? Theres a chef here called Marco Pierre White, he's a tough dude and has made Gordan Ramsey sh!t his pants many a time.

3. Ian

Ratings:
    +485 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

Not all the time, usually starts in June and runs through the summer I believe. Also watched "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" - that one is entertaining as well. Watched it for the first time last year and thought it was decent, so my wife and I are watching this season's also.

So far it appears I may be the only one watching it....:cool:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  4. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he was just asking if he does the series here and not when do they do it ;)I tried to get into the last two years of the show but only managed to watch it a few times...the people are either too whiny, too arogant, or too stupid and it simply overshadows the skills of the good people who aren't featured the way that shows off how good they are until they make a mistake then they get trashed by the show...

I think he is a bit too over the top on Kitchen Nightmares but considering the people he is helping it is the only way to get through to them.

5. efin98

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He has done all of the US episodes and does all of the US version of Kitchen Nightmares and will do the US version of Master Chef. About the only time he isn't on Fox is when American Idol is on :D

6. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

My wife got me hooked on it last summer when I was home with a broken leg and fell for Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America. The British ones are great the American ones a entertaining because of Ramsay but are way over produced. As for Hell's Kitchen it's very entertaining reminds me of R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket.

7. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +111 / 1 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I'm with you guys. I am a big fan of Hell's Kitchen, but mostly it's just trying to pick up cooking/restuaranteur tips and tricks (I'm a big fan of cooking). My favorite episodes are towards the end when they plan the menu's and the whole decor/feel of "their" restaurants. The drama that kicks up is sort of entertaining, as well.

Kitchen Nightmares, eh. I watch it, but compared to the BBC one it is usually crap. The one of BBC is great, I like it for much of the same reasons I like Hell's Kitchen...seeing what is going wrong and how Gordon recommends it get fixed, menu ideas, ect. The FOX one just feels like they are trying to get Gordon to yell at people for chuckles.

8. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

Cannot stand Hell's Kitchen, just find reality TV is past it, even though it wasn't exactly much to start with; but TV bosses still think it is better than sliced bread!

But Kitchen Nightmare is ok; worth it for watching the tantrums :)

9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

Watch it sometimes, like the BBC version better. The wife and I like Chopped on Food net a few local Chef's appeared on the show interesting going to their restaurants after seeing them on the show.

10. Ian

Ratings:
    +485 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

So it looks like we're in the minority ;)

Who's your pick for the final?

11. efin98

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How about some local flair: Benjamin vs. Jay in a classic Malden vs. Medford battle.

12. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +679 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

I don't do reality TV and I find the way in which Gordon Ramsay markets himself/is marketed for his dirty mouth tells you nothing good about my beloved homeland.

But he is without question a G R E A T cook. I've made a few of his recipes (don't have the skill or the patience for the complex ones) and every single one is serious, thoughtful and well put together. If you find yourself going through Terminal 5 at London Heathrow (it has a very bad press but is actually one of the very best airline terminals I know) I can recommend his restaurant franchise there (it's called Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food). The price is about the same as Legal Seafoods but the food is a lot more imaginative and better prepared.

13. MWPatsFan

MWPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Always entertaining watching Ramsay just destroy people. (Most of whom just beg for it)