PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

zburton

Rookie
Reaction score
Well i just found a new place to talk football. Before i found this site i was talking on numerous other forums, all of which chastised anyone for being a pats fan. Glad to find a place that, i hope, doesn't bag on other people because they started like a team during their first superbowl win season.

... And i just found the "new members" part... :p

Better late than never, now as long as you stay a fan if they went 0-16 next season, although we all know thats not gonna happen.

Well i just found a new place to talk football. Before i found this site i was talking on numerous other forums, all of which chastised anyone for being a pats fan. Glad to find a place that, i hope, doesn't bag on other people because they started like a team during their first superbowl win season.

dont worry, you will get bagged on for starting to like the team when you did. there are always people who think they are special because of how long they have been a fan, who think they are "real" fans.

Don't draw attention to it and you'll be fine. I too began liking the Pats around thier first superbowl. SB36 was the first football game I had ever watched. After that they were my team.

Oh and welcome hope you enjoy it here. I can't get enough.

Last edited:

I don't have any problem with that. As long as you've remained committed to the team, even people who jump on the bandwagon can assimilate. Just make sure it's in both good times and bad (not much bad lately though)

I happen to be a fan since around 1990, when I was 7 years old and first started watching football. That said, the biggest myth in sports is the "bandwagon fan." The only reason why large fan bases are large is because they are successful. Do you think it's a coincidence that the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys and 49ers all have large fan bases and also have had dynasties? The only thing I don't like is that it drives up ticket prices, but other than that, of course successful teams will have larger fan bases because most people who aren't football diehards aren't going to watch a team who goes 4-16. Which is why if you go over to TomBradyisGay.com (Jetsinsider) there's about 20 members on there at a given time and half are Pats fans. The place is dead. Wait until they're a playoff team again (ever?) and it will change and become busier. That's just human nature in every fan base.

Better late than never, now as long as you stay a fan if they went 0-16 next season, although we all know thats not gonna happen.

I don't have any problem with that. As long as you've remained committed to the team, even people who jump on the bandwagon can assimilate. Just make sure it's in both good times and bad (not much bad lately though)

Football is ENTERTAINMENT. If you are a big fan of a particular band, and they start sucking horribly, releasing albums that are complete trash, etc, do you still go see them live? no. only the obsessed ones do. because its entertainment, and who wants to see entertainment thats not entertaining? im not telling you to abandon your team during hard times, but just because someone is not entertained by something doesnt mean that you are better than them.
ive watched pats games in the past that i knew we would get killed, but thats just me. im entertained, winning or losing. "make sure its in both good times and bad?". "as long as you stay a fan if they went 0-16"? i dont give a crap if nobody loves my team. i dont give a crap when everyone loves my team. as long as i am entertained.

just my .02

i dont give a crap if nobody loves my team. i dont give a crap when everyone loves my team. as long as i am entertained.

just my .02

Absolutely agree. There's no reason why how other people choose to react to your team should have any bearing on how you yourself enjoy watching the games.

Call 'em bandwagon fans if you want... but I say the more the merrier. And there's no law that says can only become a fan of a team when they go 1-15.

W e l c o m e

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back