PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello silly way how I became a Pats fan for life

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It was 1996 I was 5 years old the year the Pats went to the superbowl against the Packers we were all watching the game in the living room and I can remember saying that team with red and blue thats my team and ever since then I have been one all because of the colors lol IDK if that's bad but I find it silly anyways I'm from Cali and I'm constantly posting in the ESPN comments against the Pats Haters providing statistical information and what not.

Welcome to the boards!!!
:welcome:

Statistical information! Eggscellent...

Welcome from me too!

This Washington, DC vicinity native became a Patriots fan because:

1) All my childhood bullies seemed to be Redskins fans, so that team became a natural target for my suppressed anger (since bullies are everywhere, you could say it was an accident of geography - I suppose if I'd grown up in Boston I'd have become a Redskins fan :p)...
2) My most cherished respite from school, and its bullies, were summer vacations spent with my cousin/best pal in NH.

Eventually I found myself wishing that a team from NH would come down and crush the Skins*, but never bothered to follow the sport, under the mistaken impression there was no regional team.

Then came the fateful night in December 1985 when I idly flipped through the TV Guide and saw a highlight for a game between the Dolphins and... "WHAT? NE HAS A TEAM?!?!?" Though that game was a losing effort, I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I've been hooked ever since :D

*I haven't watched it since then, but I still have the recording of the '07 beatdown. As much as the story's end hurt, I can't bring myself to trash it. It was the fulfillment of a childhood dream, after all...

[Edit: I found a recap! Woot! :D http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...back-tony-eason-uwe-von-schamann-fuad-reveiz]

Last edited:
Welcome from me too!

This Washington, DC vicinity native became a Patriots fan because:

1) All my childhood bullies seemed to be Redskins fans, so that team became a natural target for my suppressed anger (since bullies are everywhere, you could say it was an accident of geography - I suppose if I'd grown up in Boston I'd have become a Redskins fan :p)...
2) My most cherished respite from school, and its bullies, were summer vacations spent with my cousin/best pal in NH.

Eventually I found myself wishing that a team from NH would come down and crush the Skins*, but never bothered to follow the sport, under the mistaken impression there was no regional team.

Then came the fateful night in December 1985 when I idly flipped through the TV Guide and saw a highlight for a game between the Dolphins and... "WHAT? NE HAS A TEAM?!?!?" Though that game was a losing effort, I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I've been hooked ever since :D

*I haven't watched it since then, but I still have the recording of the '07 beatdown. As much as the story's end hurt, I can't bring myself to trash it. It was the fulfillment of a childhood dream, after all...

[Edit: I found a recap! Woot! :D ]Dolphins Kick Away Patriots - Chicago Tribune

Shut up and give me your lunch money :p

FedEx is full of morons!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey