PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello New England Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Panthers beat the Patriots 24-20 the last time Hardy played them.

That had more to due with Cam eluding our pass rushers. 3 times we had him for a sack on 3rd down only for him to elude our defenders and convert a first down. They controlled the clock really well and limited our possessions. We didn't have Mayo and Wilfork which didn't help either. If we managed to sack Cam even one of those times Cam eluded us we would have won that game.

I highly doubt Brandon Weeden is as mobile as Cam Newton.

Last edited:
That had more to due with Cam eluding our pass rushers. 3 times we had him for a sack on 3rd down only for him to elude our defenders and convert a first down. They controlled the clock really well and limited out possessions. We didn't have Mayo and Wilfork which didn't help either. If we managed to sack Cam even one of those times Cam eluded us we would have won that game.

I highly doubt Brandon Weeden is as mobile as Cam Newton.

Brandon's problem right now is he doesn't step up in the pocket frequently enough. He took a sack on Sunday night because he went backwards instead of stepping up, which makes it much harder on your OTs.

.....Patriots first 4 games last year, they faced Tannehill, Cassel, Derek Carr and Alex Smith...... and LOST 2 of those games.

Still not seeing whatever point you're trying to make.
my point is that u dont ned to worry bout denver

Brandon's problem right now is he doesn't step up in the pocket frequently enough. He took a sack on Sunday night because he went backwards instead of stepping up, which makes it much harder on your OTs.

I haven't watched a Cowboys game with Weedon starting, but I remember when he was in Cleveland he absolutely sucked going thru his progressions. He'd stare down one receiver, and if he wasn't open, he'd either run for it or get sacked.

I wish you guys were healthy coming into this game. It would have been a marquee game.

Weeden is a backup for a reason. I think DAL tries to slow down the game on the ground. Run defense will be important. Not sure about Dallas' secondary. I suspect they'll need a heck of a game to win.

The Romo of the last couple years has been good. Had he stayed healthy they probably challenge for the top seed. It's basically SEA, GB, and ARI in the NFC. DAL could be a sleeper in the playoffs if they can win enough games without Romo to get there.

Look I agree to some extent that they are not playing particularly impreesive so far and their defensive production will most likely decrease as the season goes on but they are still the only other team in the AFC that looks formidable.

I agree with your POINT.

Your reasons, on the other hand........

I wonder how many of those were thrown in the 4th quarter with the game on the line . not to mention the times he's fumbled in crucial moments of the game. I could do some research on it but I just dont care enough. I've already wasted enough time talking about the freaking cowboys. you win he's just as good as Brady.

So, Romo is not an INT machine then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm not looking up statistics from farther back, but last year when trailing in the 4th quarter Tony threw 10 TDs and zero INTs.

They are going to believe what they want to regardless of facts.

In the beginning, Romo was careless with the ball and threw INTs in spades. Today, he has gotten better and has changed. The NY Giants game this year changed my perception about him.

Here's what the Dallas Cowboys are like: the most beautifully wrapped gift you've ever seen, handed to you by someone you know is a big spender. You excitedly open it up and inside is a coupon redeemable in 12 months for another beautifully wrapped gift delivered by the same person.

Here's what the Dallas Cowboys are like: the most beautifully wrapped gift you've ever seen, handed to you by someone you know is a big spender. You excitedly open it up and inside is a coupon redeemable in 12 months for another beautifully wrapped gift delivered by the same person.

.....paid for, in large part, by the taxpayers.

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan (that's the part where you scoff, roll your eyes, or express some other emotion of disgust, pity and contempt). I come mostly in peace, caffeine and confusion, but those last two are normal. Now, I use peace loosely. I probably won't bite, but if I do I have rabies and that's a 100% mortality rate if left untreated so get those shots if that happens.

I am hoping for a win. I am praying for a win. We need a win, guys. Please, can you guys lose this one? Perhaps the football gods took Lance Dunbar from us the other night as a blood sacrifice because they're giving us this game. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!?! I'll go with that. Cowboys 51 - Pats 50 confirmed. Brandon Weeden 97/108, 219 yards, 1 TD.

In all seriousness, this is the game I was looking forward to most before the season started. It would be an awesome game of Romo and Dez + defensive additions were playing. But alas, that dream has slipped and faded, rudely awoken by the sounds of cracking bones and snapping ACLs.

Speaking of ACLs, you guys don't happen to have a few of those laying around, do you? Or some clavicles?

So this will be an interesting game, I have no doubt. Blowouts are interesting. Us actually winning would be really interesting, surprising and unlikely.

We are already more injured right now than all the combined injuries of last season. It really sucks. Elite QB, #1 WR, #1 CB, Top 3 DEs on the depth chart, and LG have all missed time. It's bad.

I have no idea how the offense will look. Weeden looked much more comfortable in the empty set and that opens up some nice 1 on 1 for WRs like Beasley who will have to have a good game. I predict Bease will get most of the targets. Dunbar was Weeden's favorite target, but he's done for the year now (of course) so I assume WR Lucky Whitehead will take his role on the little screens and routes Gangsta Garrett had Dunbar run.

Defense. That thing. Ugh. It's not bad, it's just injured. We get Hardy and McClain back this week. That is huge. Darth Belichick will exploit the fact that our FS is actually a SS pretending to be a FS. I do not have a clue about how we will stop Gronk. Byron Jones is certainly athletic enough, but leaving a rookie DB on Gronk is not a great idea.

Another thing that's good for you to know is Brandon Weeden cannot throw to the left side of the field. I literally do not think it is possible.

So what about the Patriots do I not already know? What players should I watch out for?

Good Luck guys. Here's to an entertaining, legendary game. I know that there will be plenty of drinking involved, in celebration and in sorrow.

You are a classy fan, Dallas needs more like you. Sorry about the injuries and hope things rebound after Oct 11.

Saw the play you are talking about and wondered why he didn't did.

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan...
Good Luck guys. Here's to an entertaining, legendary game. I know that there will be plenty of drinking involved, in celebration and in sorrow.

Thanks to you, BBIC, for an interesting and intelligent post. This board has a long history of welcoming polite and knowledgeable posters who are fans of other teams, including one or two from the Jets' fanbase, as hard as that is to believe. So, please don't be a stranger.

Like every NFL fan, I've followed Tony Romo since the start of his career. I think he's matured a lot since his Jessica Simpson days and I have had a soft spot for him since the 2006 playoffs and "Fumbled-snap-gate." I wish he were playing Sunday so no one can say the Pats didn't beat you at full strength. Same for Dez, who was r-o-b-b-e-d robbed, robbed, robbed last year.

On the negative side, I haven't been fond of Jerry Jones since his spiteful firing of Jimmy Johnson, whom I've always admired. I also wish somebody would tell Greg Hardy to shut up.

Let's hope for an injury-free game for both sidelines Sunday.

Sean Lee practiced today. That strongly implies he will play Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back