PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello? Are some of you guys AWAKE now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATRIOT64 said:
No - I see on this board at times where if a guy posts that Brady needs to sit and let Cassel play (no matter how stupid that is)then all known long time members on here jump on him to no end-then those same long term post guys on here go and say we are going to get Moss when they know if they have been following the team for the past 6 years,other than Corey Dillon and maybe 1 or 2 others,we have taken no BIG name player here and I am surprised the long term post guys even think something like that was going to happen-thats as dumb as the Brady sit for Cassel statement IMO - As far as the comment made above about the media speculation that Moss was going to sign,Isn't that the same type of Media that we call stupid and insane when they put the team down? - Sounds a bit hypocritic to say the least​
Get it through the rocks in your heads-we don't sign players that want millions and millions of dollars and are VERY high profile (except Brady and Seymour who were both drafted within) - As I said before,BB sticks to his plan on building this team mainly through the draft and good overlooked low profile players who get cut by others and to which BB sees him as a team player and one to fit on this team - Sure BB & the FO want big name game changing players-we all do on here as well,All the teams do,But you can't get Caviar if you want to pay Tuna Fish price,If Moss was willing to work for half price of his current salary and If the Raiders were willing to get screwed twice in the same season by accepting a low draft pick in compensation,than Moss would have been signed but you know if you have a brain bigger than a poppy seed,that was not going to happen in Patriotville - Fantasy Island was a TV show-get real!​
Players want BIG money if they think they deserve it and other than Bruschi and Brady and a few others out there in the NFL who deserve more pay, most won't settle for less than top dollar.​

I don't think to many people who were in favor of bringing Moss in via a trade and a restructured contract said or were admiment that it would happen. The majority if not all us were discussing how they felt about it and what would be an acceptable offer to Oakland for him. I don't think you followed those threads well enough.

TomBradyWoot said:
We weren't looking for the Patriots to sign Moss, we were looking for them to trade for him. Plus theres nothing wrong with talking about your team potentially getting a top reciever.

Do you want to re-phrase that?

PATRIOT64 said:
My point is not to pat myself on the back but to say that if you think we were going to sign a multi million dollar high profile player in the MIDDLE of the season,let alone in training camp you must be putting teeth under your pillow waiting for the tooth fairy to put money underneath for you or putting chocolate chip cookies and milk near the Christmas tree waiting for Santa to arrive - You have a better chance of those scenerios happening -A Simple equation for those who understand the Pats way...... NO name profile players with talent+Value at their position=A Patriots type player

Don't waste your time trying to smooth relations with all the boneheads on this board. It's amazing how clueless some of these people are. The patriots will never at any time sign Randy Moss or anyone of his ilk.

Still, in the vein of million-dollar players who are Patriots-style players:

Isn't Colvin up for a huge salary increase next year? I'm talking big bucks, like within the top 4-5 salaries on the team.

How do people see that one playing out? Is Rosie willing to restructure for the Pats' benefit, a la Willie or Ted Johnson? Remember how happy they were with that in both cases, with Ted even temporarily going AWOL on the team.

PATRIOT64 said:
I am surprised by some of the so-called 'Patriot Experts' on here who thought or even hoped there was a chance of signing Moss or a big name player to this roster by the deadline - WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!​
Whats it gonna take for some of you to understand and realize the only way we sign Big NAME players is in the offseason and even then its rare in the Belichick era,Lets face it,If you want big name players to sign in October you need 2 things to happen 1)Belichick retires & 2)Kraft sells the team​
The way its gonna be in New England until then is this - We sign GOOD PRODUCTIVE PLAYERS,RARILY BIG TIME HIGH MONEY PLAYERS.​
BB and the FO goes with the formula which took them to the dance before and that means getting good value on a player,not overpaying him or signing him just because he would make us look better with a big name out there - Get used to the world not knowing most of the patriots players names unless they belong to Patriots Nation - I kinda like that 'secretive success we have had in the past 5 years' and NEVER this week did I think a Moss was going to 'Gather' up here.....Bottom Line:We DO NOT change the formula of players we have once we get into the season,and even more so if you expect a big name,ain't happenin the next few years unless you see him on the roster by Training Camp - thats the Belichick way and until we see something going bad for awhile,why stop it now?​
My advice is get out of daydreaming la-la land ,If you want big name players and want to pay steep money and be backed up in FA hell for the next 10 years then try and become a fan of Dallas or Washington-they love to overpay​

Whatever.

I guess you were following another team when the Patriots tried to *sign* Derrick Mason in 2005? Welcome to my ignore list, jack-off

D-cleater said:
Whatever.

I guess you were following another team when the Patriots tried to *sign* Derrick Mason in 2005? Welcome to my ignore list, jack-off
WOW!! I am ignored on D-Cleaters list...HOW AM I GONNA LIVE!!!-THERE IS NO LIFE ANYMORE!!! WAH-WAH-WAH...What an stupid ***H0++

shmessy said:
I agree with your points, dude, but could you express yourself without being so obnoxious?

I'm guessing you're as popular in real life as Halitosis Hal.
Dear Messy Shmessy whatever you are, I am a popular business owner in town and in my life with 2 successful stores and don't answer to anyone or any boss,who do you work for?-that must suck to work and answer to authority,must be how most others on here take their frustration out when they dissagree with reality opinions,on here they feel they are 'the boss' of a post and try and insult as they could never be able to do that to their boss in their own personal careers,not all of them but several,the anger is obvious.....so sad...

PATRIOT64 said:
Dear Messy Shmessy whatever you are, I am a popular business owner in town and in my life with 2 successful stores and don't answer to anyone or any boss,who do you work for?-that must suck to work and answer to authority,must be how most others on here take their frustration out when they dissagree with reality opinions,on here they feel they are 'the boss' of a post and try and insult as they could never be able to do that to their boss in their own personal careers,not all of them but several,the anger is obvious.....so sad...

What town? I need someone to mow my lawn... thanks

D-cleater said:
What town? I need someone to mow my lawn... thanks
Why don't you ask your mommy to tuck you in bed now boy..and before you do,say a prayer that you will awake smarter tomorrow,It can't be any worse than today:) - If you worked for me you would not likely last a day - and as far as lawn mowing is concerned?-I bet you have not had 'your lawn' mowed in years 'wink,wink' know what I mean?-probably don't,have mommy help you out there son..now nighty night boy....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wow, he went to the all-to-easy momma's boy attack. You're good man , you're good.

D-cleater said:
wow, he went to the all-to-easy momma's boy attack. You're good man , you're good.
I call it as I see it dude...If I remember up on one of your posts above I was supposed to be on your IGNORE list-not a favored one,but mysteriously you seem to enjoy this post tag game with childish abandon ....It's Fun boy to you isn't it?..must be

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back