PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hell has frozen over -Borges admits he was wrong about Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
shmessy said:
So? He's calling FOOTBALL a ruthless sport. He didn't single out Kraft or the Pats Management.

Ruthless can also go both ways. Vinatieri was "ruthless" in not letting the Pats make a counter-offer. How in hell is anything Brady said a slam only on Pats management? All he said is that he is upset at the SITUATION.

What we have here is a "journalist" who is putting his own spin on Brady's words. If I were Brady I'd be P.O.'d at Mr. Bogus today.

Exactly, which is the same thing we essentially have in the earth shattering Silver article. Re-read the actual Brady quotes Silver used and nowhere in that piece does Tommy have a harsh word to say about anyone in the FO or about the way this team conducts business. In fact he points out how disciplined Belichick and Pioli are in the way they operate the business end of the team. Silver is the one who added a context that the QB is fuming - the quotes belie that assessment.

Is Tommy unhappy with the situation - absolutely, no QB in their right mind wouldn't be. But rather than blaming anyone Tommy just decries the situation. He does not call for Deion to get his ass back in camp, nor does he implore the FO to just give him his f'in money....

Our FO understands and appreciates the situation this impass puts him in. So he can wax poetic about Deion all day long and their feelings won't be hurt (nor will his assessment or that of cast off CB they signed to a veteran minimum deal change their computation of Deion's value to this team). While on the other hand, had he given the usual not my place to say type response Deion could well have taken it as a slight and the Borgeses of the world would have been expounding today that he is not a real team leader.

Tommy's unique leadership revolves around doing whatever it takes and somehow knowing what that is at crucial junctures in games and seasons. That's just what he did here. He stroked his guy because his bosses aren't insecure and don't need him to stroke them. He read the field and as usual made the right decision. Hopefully his WR will now make the same read and do whatever it takes to hook up with his QB. Because I guarantee you if he doesn't in the long run he will be chronically unhappy, just like all those other players Tom frequently mentions who left here over money seem to be once that one time bonus money check gets cashed.

Bostonian1962 said:
..........and another thing.................

It's maddening that Borges thinks that he was right about Brady, until this episode on the Branch matter. PatsFanners pointed out the many times he was the perfect teammate before this. Many examples.

Sad that our local writer is too dumb to know the facts.

Not that I like to defend Wrong Borges, but he was saying he was wrong in suggesting in an earlier radio interview that Brady would *not* step up and take a stand for his teammate.

The gist of his article was not about anything in the past, but in his own (Wrong's) recent assessment that Brady would not take a stand and would let the situation play itself out.

Wrong was issuing a mea culpa- that Brady indeed did weigh in on the issue in favor of Deion. Not a mea culpa for everything else Wrong Borges was WRONG about in the past. ;)

Harrison37 said:
Not that I like to defend Wrong Borges, but he was saying he was wrong in suggesting in an earlier radio interview that Brady would *not* step up and take a stand for his teammate.

The gist of his article was not about anything in the past, but in his own (Wrong's) recent assessment that Brady would not take a stand and would let the situation play itself out.

Wrong was issuing a mea culpa- that Brady indeed did weigh in on the issue in favor of Deion. Not a mea culpa for everything else Wrong Borges was WRONG about in the past. ;)

Actually, Kirk (not to get too grammatical about it), but that's the same thing Bostonian WAS saying:
-----------
"It's maddening that Borges thinks that he was right about Brady, until this episode on the Branch matter."

Bostonian is saying that Borges is writing that he "thought" he was right until this matter, for which he exhuberantly is issuing a "mea culpa". (Not to put words into Bostonian's mouth, but I think he's saying what most of us feel - - that Borges is just as wrong about Brady today as he has been in the past).

Last edited:
Ah, OK. I guess I read it wrong.

Wrong...Wrong...Wrong Borges.

Just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? :)

Brady should not have gone public with it...rather straight to Bellichick. For once I'm dissapointed in Brady. Borges is just a @ss.

I just found this on PFT...you can choose to believe or not believe PFT. They say Brady was out for a minor injury...AND..

Brady's assessment of Branch's value to the team, we're told that Brady privately is unhappy with Deion's decision not to come to camp.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
I don't know where to begin.

Borges is like a neighborhood pimp who is "thrilled" to have convinced a young girl to drop out of school. He's the lowest form of journalist. He is waging a personal campaign. I hope Brady publicly disses him today (which MAY happen, let's wait).

Sick, but funny.:D

Seems like a good thread for this post, I'm sure wrong's interns missed this while preparing wrong's daily briefing package on what irritates Patsfans the most.

Al remains in comfortable denial about beloved Raiders
http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_4124591

Last edited by a moderator:
Borges? I know you read this web site. These are not the olden days where you can stir up controversy and support your career off of it. You actually have to work for a living now and it seems you may not be as good at your job as you thought you were. Actually with the declining sales of your employer's product maybe you flat out stink.

There really is alot of good things to write about if you would just open your eyes and mind to them. It's too bad,because I know dozens of people who could step up and do a better job for a 1/4 of the salary you are making.

shmessy said:
Actually, Kirk (not to get too grammatical about it), but that's the same thing Bostonian WAS saying:
-----------
"It's maddening that Borges thinks that he was right about Brady, until this episode on the Branch matter."

Bostonian is saying that Borges is writing that he "thought" he was right until this matter, for which he exhuberantly is issuing a "mea culpa". (Not to put words into Bostonian's mouth, but I think he's saying what most of us feel - - that Borges is just as wrong about Brady today as he has been in the past).

Bingo Shmessy. You nailed it!

Kdo5 said:
Brady should not have gone public with it...rather straight to Bellichick.

Gone public with what?

None of the quotes from Brady indicate he is mad at the organization.

The only parts that suggest he is mad at the organization were the words of the writer, and Borges.

Not Brady's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey