Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From today's Reiss' Pieces:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Bill Belichick just held his Thursday press conference at Gillette Stadium (10:45 a.m. ET) and was asked if he agrees with quarterback Tom Brady’s comments about the lack of respect given to the Patriots this season.

“I agree with Tom, sure,†he said. “I think that opinion has been expressed far and wide, many times over, by all the people that he identified.â€

Last edited:
wow

shmessy said:

Bill Belichick just held his Thursday press conference at Gillette Stadium (10:45 a.m. ET) and was asked if he agrees with quarterback Tom Brady’s comments about the lack of respect given to the Patriots this season.

“I agree with Tom, sure,†he said. “I think that opinion has been expressed far and wide, many times over, by all the people that he identified.â€

did i miss a day, i could have sworn today was wednesday!

Well, I feel disrespected that he feels disrespected.

shmessy said:
Hell freezes over
Friends outside Oakland report the only 'ice' is on the street corners and only mild flooding at the Coliseum. Maybe the Devil relocated? :rolleyes:

Not sure where Brady or Belichick's comments are coming from other than as a motivational tool. I've heard plenty of media commenting on how the Patriots are the team that people don't want to play in the playoffs.

Brady commented about how they weren't getting respect from their own fans. Well yeah... Half way into the season the team was playing terrible. Getting burned just about every game by 40+ yard passing plays. They had one of the worst defenses in the league. Get over it Tom. We believe now.

shmessy said:

I can hardly believe either one of them said this stuff.

I wish they hadn't.

The injuries, incredibly tough first half schedule and the poor play of C.Brown, Beisel, and Starks resulted in a pretty mediocre team at the mid point of the season.

I don't know what BB, Tom (and whoever else thinks this way) expected us fans to do ... drink the koolaid anyway?

To their credit, they seem to have things turned around and we fans are cautiously optimistic about our chances to win another SB. Can they reasonably ask for more than that from us?

Lloyd_Christmas said:
I can hardly believe either one of them said this stuff.

I wish they hadn't.

The injuries, incredibly tough first half schedule and the poor play of C.Brown, Beisel, and Starks resulted in a pretty mediocre team at the mid point of the season.

I don't know what BB, Tom (and whoever else thinks this way) expected us fans to do ... drink the koolaid anyway?

To their credit, they seem to have things turned around and we fans are cautiously optimistic about our chances to win another SB. Can they reasonably ask for more than that from us?

I think that about 2/3 of the way through the season a lot of people in New England were feeling pretty negative about the Pats. For a city that is capable with putting up with unlimited bullsh!t from the Red Sox, I can see how, from a Patriot player's perspective, the negativity could be pretty annoying. Over the last few years, the Pats have earned the confidence of their fans, and at the first sign of shakiness, we didn't give it to them. A lot of people even speculated that the fire had gone out of the team, that they had won so much that they just didn't have as much will to win any more. This was discussed quite a bit on WEEI, for example. Then Seymour came out with his comment on crowd noise, and people were like, "well, if you win some games we'll make some noise!" Friggin' ridiculous.

I wish BB and Brady hadn't made the comments. I hate any distraction, and this is a distraction. But I think the comments were accurate.

Last edited:
Brady is in denial if he thinks that the Pats are disrespected. The Jags have a legitimate gripe, but not the Pats.

thechris said:
Brady is in denial if he thinks that the Pats are disrespected. The Jags have a legitimate gripe, but not the Pats.

I agree about this. I think this is the first playoff run since 2001 that we have not been billed as underdogs. We had the buy in 2003 and 2004, but I remember hearing how Tennessee and Indy then Indy and Pittsburgh were going to mop the floor with us!

Maybe Hell has frozen over, this is the second time in two weeks I have disagreed with BB......

Bill's Girl said:
Maybe Hell has frozen over, this is the second time in two weeks I have disagreed with BB......
Oh golly, the Honeymoon is definitely over! :rolleyes:

I don't think that fans gave up on the team, but probably gave up on this year, because of the brutal amount of injuries to key players, not because we thought that they lost their drive. Obviously their drive to succeed is always there, but you can only do so much when so many people are out injured. If there is any doubt now by Patriots fans, it's because we are still missing some key players that are out for the year (Harrison, Light, Starks(just kidding), Koppen), and Bruschi might miss some time in the playoffs. That's an awful lot to overcome, especially when you have to win 4 games instead of 3 to win the SB, and because of other teams being relatively healthy.

I can understand where Brady is coming from, and we as Pats fans all year were complaining about the media's disrespect, so scr*w all the media that is making a big deal of this now.

scott99 said:
I don't think that fans gave up on the team, but probably gave up on this year, because of the brutal amount of injuries to key players, not because we thought that they lost their drive. Obviously their drive to succeed is always there, but you can only do so much when so many people are out injured. If there is any doubt now by Patriots fans, it's because we are still missing some key players that are out for the year (Harrison, Light, Starks(just kidding), Koppen), and Bruschi might miss some time in the playoffs. That's an awful lot to overcome, especially when you have to win 4 games instead of 3 to win the SB, and because of other teams being relatively healthy.

I can understand where Brady is coming from, and we as Pats fans all year were complaining about the media's disrespect, so scr*w all the media that is making a big deal of this now.
Amen Brother, Preach It!

Come on we have all been spoiled by this team for the past three or four seasons. Injuries, Retirement have all caught up to them. We really haven't played anyone except for Indianapolis. All other team are mediocre especially in our division.

sieglo said:
Over the last few years, the Pats have earned the confidence of their fans, and at the first sign of shakiness, we didn't give it to them. A lot of people even speculated that the fire had gone out of the team, that they had won so much that they just didn't have as much will to win any more.
I think that statement is not true at all. Yes...they absolutely earned our confidence. But tell me...when this team was 4 and 4....you were confident in this team? I certainly wasn't. They were getting burned left and right on defense pretty much every game. I don't think that any Pats fan thought that a fire had burned out. It was a simple matter of injuries and the lack of personnel.

AStack75 said:
I think that statement is not true at all. Yes...they absolutely earned our confidence. But tell me...when this team was 4 and 4....you were confident in this team? I certainly wasn't. They were getting burned left and right on defense pretty much every game. I don't think that any Pats fan thought that a fire had burned out. It was a simple matter of injuries and the lack of personnel.
I can say I was. Part of the benefit of trying to break down games was watching the individual and unit development, I could see the talent and improvement each game. That was just about the time Wilfork started 'seeing' the game and began making the step forward that we needed. Colvin had gone from being a one dimensional OLB to playing a tough run defense - the one that now is comparable to Willie's at the end of the season. Vrabel had played two games at ILB. Stone was playing SS and suddenly the secondary was acting like they knew where they should be on the field. Kaczur had held up against the likes of Freeney and Schobel with no major breakdowns. Good things were coming, the division was weak, and a little patience would be rewarded in the playoffs. They play Saturday night in primetime having fully justified my confidence. Try unsweetened Kool-Aid with some stevia if your diet prevents you from drinking the sugar water. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back