2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

The Pats won tonight, but...

• Who cares? What about that KC game...

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Enjoy it while it lasts, Brady is ancient and getting older every day

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Those stiffs got lucky, BB can't draft (except JimmyG, put him in). Or coach for that matter

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Just watch, the trading Logan Mankins shoe is about to drop

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • We still need to draft another TE (but two would be better)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes, but who's gonna rush the passer?

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
do either of you know of an objective way to quantify leadership?......not just subjective feeling and judgment and team accomplishment
How about Patriots players past and present, NFL players, coaches, announcers, fans, media for starters all pretty much in agreement and stating, that TB is a great leader.

How much more quantifying do you need this to be?

At this point you are just trolling, and doing a bad job of it.

in a better way by saying yes......regardless of how he felt.......a leader says yes to that question......he said, "well see"

How do you know a leader should say yes to that. Especially if it is not what he feels or the truth.

Can you quantify that?

How about Patriots players past and present, NFL players, coaches, announcers, fans, media for starters all pretty much in agreement and stating, that TB is a great leader.

How much more quantifying do you need this to be?

At this point you are just trolling, and doing a bad job of it.

do foreheads teammates and coaches not say the same thing?

or any other great players of any sport, in general?

How do you know a leader should say yes to that. Especially if it is not what he feels or the truth.

Can you quantify that?
forehead was bashed when he said that they had "protection" issues that time in indy

was he right by being honest or wrong by throwing his teammates under the bus?

Red herring alert!

Are we talking about Payton Manning? And what does it matter what people say about him? And who cares what people say about him. Brady's comment about talent is nothing compared to some of the things Manning has said.

Is your argument that TB may not be a great leader because everyone is called a great leader?

Just admit you were wrong and while you have a right to your opinion on the matter, no sane person would agree with you no matter how much you strawman it to death.

forehead was bashed when he said that they had "protection" issues that time in indy

was he right by being honest or wrong by throwing his teammates under the bus?

What does this have to do with TB answering a loaded question the way he should answer it? You are reading way too much into a "we'll see" comment.

Red herring alert!

Are we talking about Payton Manning? And what does it matter what people say about him? And who cares what people say about him. Brady's comment about talent is nothing compared to some of the things Manning has said.

Is your argument that TB may not be a great leader because everyone is called a great leader?

Just admit you were wrong and while you have a right to your opinion on the matter, no sane person would agree with you no matter how much you strawman it to death.

What does this have to do with TB answering a loaded question the way he should answer it. You are reading way too much into a "we'll see" comment.

red herring......lol.......its a great comparison

more often than not great players on great teams are called great leaders.......brady included.......it just means he's got plenty of company because that is usually the default stance

Bird, Jordan, Magic, Elway, Manning, Montana, ray lewis, etc etc

What does this have to do with TB answering a loaded question the way he should answer it? You are reading way too much into a "we'll see" comment.

did people read too much into a "protection issues" comment?

Like I said, just admit you were wrong. You would at least save some dignity here. Your claim was silly, your argument is weak, and your comparison is absurd because its irrelevant to the discussion.

i have to be honest.....admitting that im wrong would mean im breaking one of the 10 commandments

this is silly.....it all started with me quoting what Chris Gasper said.......and i have conceded that brady looked like a great leader this last sunday

so i hope its more of the Cincy game and less of the KC game, going forward

this is silly.....it all started with me quoting what Chris Gasper said.......and i have conceded that brady looked like a great leader this last sunday

Form your own opinions by using your senses and stop worrying what a media puppet says. And who said he had any credibility on the subject? Maybe his head is up his ass.

Form your own opinions by using your senses and stop worrying what a media puppet says. And who said he had any credibility on the subject? Maybe his head is up his ass.

it never would have gone past that.....but Deus and PATS16N0 jumped on me.......so i had to keep on going to defeat them

deus even put me on ignore.......possibly my greatest accomplishment here at PatsFans

it never would have gone past that.....but Deus and PATS16N0 jumped on me.......so i had to keep on going to defeat them

deus even put me on ignore.......possibly my greatest accomplishment here at PatsFans

Trust me, you did not defeat them.

a couple of people that chimed in would disagree with you.....read post 88 of that thread.....the "brady in decline" thread

but you are entitled to your opinion.......:)

Why do I get the feeling Deus Irae goes to bars and tells people stories of how often he's right on message boards.

Gasper says: I've never seen Brady as this great leader.
Gasper says: He's a great lead by example guy but not a great vocal leader.

To anyone with reading comprehension abilities it's pretty clear that based on each of these two parts of the statement, Gasper thinks great leaders are both great leader by example and great vocal leaders. He sees Tom Brady as only one of those things, and thus, as he says right to start, not a great leader.

So technically, James87654 was not wrong. He said exactly what Gasper said. That Brady is not a great leader. He then went on to clarify that Brady is great at SOME aspects of leadership. This is not the same as him saying Brady is a great leader.

Deus, James made you look pretty silly on this one. You need to polish off the old thinking cap. Hopefully being wrong on a message board won't damage your self-esteem too much. But for some reason I've got a funny feeling you'll cling to pretending you're right as long as you need to. The legend lives on! (...in his own mind.)

LaidOut is such an eloquent and articulate speaker

LaidOut is such an eloquent and articulate speaker
This is how faking pathetic you are. You look for support after you were thoroughly embarrassed by Deus and this supposed support comes from a member of this site who has been here 2 months with 16 posts and twice as many negative ratings as positive ones...

And now again you are referencing this one poster as the guy who backs you????

Seriously, I thought you were stupid before you did this. You really need to grow up and get some perspective. That is your support?

Pathetic.

This is how faking pathetic you are. You look for support after you were thoroughly embarrassed by Deus and this supposed support comes from a member of this site who has been here 2 months with 16 posts and twice as many negative ratings as positive ones...

Seriously, I thought you were stupid before you did this. You really need to grow up and get some perspective. That is your support?

Pathetic.

go back and listen to what Gasper said himself.....whether you agree or not.....like him or hate him

see if i mis-characterized him

u mad brah?..........:p

Pathetic.

you are in luck.....its still up

http://boston.cbslocal.com/audio/felger-massarotti/

october 3rd......hour 3......9 minutes in......check it out before they take it down

go back and listen to what Gasper said himself.....whether you agree or not.....like him or hate him

see if i mis-characterized him

u mad brah?..........:p

Mad? No kinda laughing at you. Seriously? Your 16 post friend with the 11 negative ratings is the best you could come up with??

Talk about desperation. Think about who you just said was the person who agreed with you..

Also, who cares what Gasper says. Do you understand that?

I can see why you wouldn't understand why Brady is such a great leader and winner. I can see why that would be lost on you. You cant relate to it.

In the Superbowl blow out, Wes Welker was seen and heard by NFL films yelling at his team mates huddled around him. He was yelling things to the affect of "Come on! Let's go! We're the best offense in history."

3 feet to the right was Peyton Manning, with his hands in his sleeves, pouting by himself.

There is no comparison in leadership. You are a complete troll and I am disappointed in myself for continually responding to your bull$#!% but it's so bad it simply cannot be allowed to go here unchallenged.

I do not believe you are a Patriot fan for a second. I do not believe your account was hacked. I do not even believe you are a "BB Homer," since you aren't an X's and O's type person and couldn't break down a game if your life depended on it. Unless your favorite moment of every game is the occasional look to the sideline, you just say you are as a license to attack Tom Brady.

I see through you like a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back