PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heavy rain expected for Falcons game

Status
Not open for further replies.
just when you think the pats willrun the ball..you will see them come out in a shotgun 3WR set :D

I'd welcome a nice messy slug it out kind of game. Take off the gloves and throw away some of the fancy stuff. That and a slug in the mouth from the Jets last week might be just what this team needs to get it's soul back, and stop being a soft finesse team.

The last time we played in horrible weather conditions, we destroyed the future NFC Super Bowl representative.

Somewhere in the New England area, Michael Turner is looking out his hotel room window with a big grin on his face.

If he is, I hope he's not checking the forecasts, because today is a beautiful sunny day here and no visible indication yet of rain to come. :D

If he is, I hope he's not checking the forecasts, because today is a beautiful sunny day here and no visible indication yet of rain to come. :D
Backpedals...
But...uh...it doesnt have to be raining NOW for Turner to know....uh....yeah...I didnt know that.

The way some people on this site were acting I assumed it was already terrible weather up there. Its crap here. You have people trying to sell their tickets for less than face value and stuff because they are scared to get a little wet at a football game...I figured it must be like a typhoon at this moment.

Last edited:
Backpedals...
But...uh...it doesnt have to be raining NOW for Turner to know....uh....yeah...I didnt know that.

The way some people on this site were acting I assumed it was already terrible weather up there. Its crap here. You have people trying to sell their tickets for less than face value and stuff because they are scared to get a little wet at a football game...I figured it must be like a typhoon at this moment.

ONE person who has a 12yr old daughter he doesn't want to subject to a football game in a rain storm.
That's it.....one ticket holder.We fill the stadium during blizzards for God's sake.

It's supposed to start about noon time......getting heavy about 3 pm.....with possible thunder storms.Winds 10 to 20mph.The field in Foxbourough drains quite well.

Moss will play,imo...........Welker,probably not.If pats win the toss,I expect them to defer,because of the weather.

ONE person who has a 12yr old daughter he doesn't want to subject to a football game in a rain storm.
That's it.....one ticket holder.We fill the stadium during blizzards for God's sake.
All I can say is when I read it an saw someone selling with the whole reason being the weather (in September) I figured you guys must have been prepping to build the Ark. As you said, your fans are supposed to be acclimated to December northeastern weather.

Plus, we have gotten more rain here in the last 1.5 weeks than in the last year combined probably. We had many people get their homes flooded out in a matter of minutes on Sunday night. Peoples houses literally under water. As I type at this moment I can hear the water being dumped. Its bad. Flash flood warning again. When its on your doorstep, and people are saying it will be bad up there too, its hard to imagine a bright sunshining day.

Last edited:
THE RUNNING GAME

If not now, when?

i wish i cloud watch the game but in CT fox is in love with the G man and all ways play them

i dont get it this is new england why i cant see my team :mad:

Last edited:
i wish i cloud watch the game but in CT fox is in love with the G man and all ways play them

i dont get it this is new england why i cant see my team :mad:

Because CT is a suburb of NY.

Sucks, going to be the only game I go to this year and the weather is going to suck...

Also Moss and Welker may not play... :(

Moss will play,imo...........Welker,probably not.If pats win the toss,I expect them to defer,because of the weather.

It depends on how extensive the soreness is in his knee. If it's worse than we expected (which would have had to be the case in order for him to sit out the Jets game), he will probably sit and not take a chance of injuring it further in a rain storm. However, I sincerely hope he plays. This offense was clearly hurting without him.

THE RUNNING GAME

If not now, when?

Damn well better start now.

People keep thinking about ways to protect Brady with added backfield protection, but having a strong running game is the best protection. It makes the D think twice about sending people past the LOS.

Mark me down as one of the guys who would love to see more Maroney this week.

Mark me down as one of the guys who would love to see more Maroney this week.

Would you settle on Fred Taylor having a breakout game this week?

Will they actually run the ball?

All I can say is when I read it an saw someone selling with the whole reason being the weather (in September) I figured you guys must have been prepping to build the Ark. As you said, your fans are supposed to be acclimated to December northeastern weather.

Plus, we have gotten more rain here in the last 1.5 weeks than in the last year combined probably. We had many people get their homes flooded out in a matter of minutes on Sunday night. Peoples houses literally under water. As I type at this moment I can hear the water being dumped. Its bad. Flash flood warning again. When its on your doorstep, and people are saying it will be bad up there too, its hard to imagine a bright sunshining day.

How in the world is a Falcon fan talking about how hearty and hale Patriots' fans are?

You guys play in a dome, and the Falcons are forever in need of more fans to attend games.

How in the world is a Falcon fan talking about how hearty and hale Patriots' fans are?

You guys play in a dome, and the Falcons are forever in need of more fans to attend games.

He's actually been one of the more classy non-Pats fans to post on this forum, in my view.

Would you settle on Fred Taylor having a breakout game this week?

Taylor was doing some good work last week in his few carries, I'd love to see him have a 100 yard plus game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back