Welcome to PatsFans.com

heath ledger dead

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by patsin°°, Jan 22, 2008.

1. patsin°°

patsin°° Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

TMZ has learned that Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film "The Dark Knight."

Story developing...
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

he was found surroiunded by a bottle of pills. He had actually completed filming on the upcoming Batman movie.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

January 22, 2008, 4:42 pm
    Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead
    By Sewell Chan

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.
    At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play and said they found pills near body.
    Mr. Ledger, a native of Perth, Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountain”, a 2005 film. The film, based on a short story by Annie Proulx about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.”
    Mr. Ledger met the actress Michelle Williams while filming ‘’Brokeback Mountain.” The two actors fell into a very public romance. They had a daughter, Matilda Rose, who was born on Oct. 28, 2005. They moved to Brooklyn, but then separated last year.
    Calls by The New York Times to Mara Buxbaum, a publicist for Mr. Ledger, and Steve Alexander, the actor’s agent, were not immediately returned this afternoon.
  4. patsin°°

patsin°° Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

5. chunkypony

chunkypony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

******* insane.

im actually really sad. sadder than I would have expected.
  6. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

RIP Heath.
    I was just starting to like him. Good actor.
    :(
  7. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OT: Actor Heath Ledger (28) Found Dead

I hadn't paid attention to the news at all today, and I had only watched sports TV when turning the tube on. So it's safe to say I was somewhat shocked when I switched my TV over to the news just now.

I was in the kitchen getting something to eat while I was casually listening to the news (in the background). Then I hear "Actor Heath Ledger found dead". I thought I might have heard this incorrectly at first, but sadly I hadn't.

Even if you weren't a fan of his work, and pay little attention to Hollywood, it's still sad to hear someone this young and talented has lost their life. it's also sad that a child will now go fatherless.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222008/news/regionalnews/heath_ledger_dead_916418.htm
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  8. angelaf

angelaf Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: OT: Actor Heath Ledger (28) Found Dead

I actually found this on TMZ when I heard the guys on 'EEI talking about photos of Brady up there. I was stunned.
  9. sbcpats70

sbcpats70 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

RIP...so young too.
  10. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Hideous. A PHENOMENAL actor. I was looking forward to following his career, maybe more than any other actor. Juvenile jokes about "Brokeback Mountain" aside, the guy was incredible in that film. Terribly sad. Died in Mary Kate Olsen's apartment - weird.
  11. yankeeweather

yankeeweather Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Drug overdose? Either X or Coke. Sad.
  12. pwes

pwes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

It was over the counter sleeping pills.
  13. austinpatsfan

austinpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

horrible. if he really has a child, i am ashamed. he is a father and is supposed to be a role model. he's supposed to teach him to succeed and be happy. not overdose on sleeping pills.

rip, though, and good luck to his son.
  14. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I have to say, he looked like a damn good Joker too. Shame. Everyone who prays, please keep his family in your prayers.
  15. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +208 / 6 / -13

Like every other nerd on the internet my main sadness over this comes from the fact the Joker was going to be featured a lot more prominently in the 3rd film and he was shaping up to be a kickass joker.