PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heath Evans Re-Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody wants to play for the Patriots.:mad:

Oh, except Heath Evans.:D Welcome back!

Happy to hear that. Belichick has liked him since college and Evans was clear that he wanted to be back at the end of the season. This isn't a SB winning move but I'm happy to have him back - and it lowers the chance of us drafting a luxury item like Leonard.

Yeah, and say good bye to Pat Pass, too. So we go into the season with Maroney, Evans, Faulk and Mills. Everyone psyched about this?

Yeah, and say good bye to Pat Pass, too. So we go into the season with Maroney, Evans, Faulk and Mills. Everyone psyched about this?
No, we'll sign an older RB. I wouldn't be shocked if a Fred Taylor, or the like, cuts loose and we can get someone like that.

Nobody wants to play for the Patriots.:mad:

Oh, except Heath Evans.:D Welcome back!

I really like Heath Evans .....

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eat3:

Heath said that the Patriots have treated him well when football didn't. He obviously wanted to come back, and we wanted him back.
Right now the FBs on our roster is Evans and Mills.

I must say I have some concerns about the injury history of the above lineup. Maroney, injured and a problematical 2nd half in his 1st season just SHARING the starting role. Faulk, always out several games a season. Mills, IRed his 1st season.

Count me in as happy with this totally unsurprising, inevitable signing.

If Dillon is gone, Heath Evans becomes the short yardage rb, and will probably be just as good if not better than CD was this past year. Evans could be the Patriots poor mans Mike Alstott(when he was good):rocker:

This is a go move,no-brainer...Heath wants to be a Patriot and I seen he is well like with the team...I bet will will get a inexpensive RB also....One thing,Q. Hill what's up:confused: Heath glad you show a loyalist atittude:eat3: :eat1: :eat2:

This is a go move,no-brainer...Heath wants to be a Patriot and I seen he is well like with the team...I bet will will get a inexpensive RB also....One thing,Q. Hill what's up:confused: Heath glad you show a loyalist atittude:eat3: :eat1: :eat2:

Q. Hill is still on the roster. The Pats re-signed most of their practice squad guys a long time ago. He was one of them. He will get an opportunity to show his stuff during training camp.

This puts a big dent in any TJ Duckett ramblings, that's for sure!

Eh well, welcome back, Heath!

PFnV

Evans power Faulk quick shifty 3rd down back Maroney all purpose back nice combonation of skills from the trio.

This allows us to fill CD's void without having to fill his power.

The next Pat I expect to re-sign is Larry Izzo.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a single Patriot fan who is not happy about this expected signing.

This is exactly the type of quiet, unsung, just do my job on special teams or wherever you need me type of player the Patriots (and any other NFL team) needs.

My only complaint is I wish it was for more than 2 years. Welcome back Heath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes