PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heath Evans needs more touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMCanes

On the Roster
Reaction score
Is it just me or is he being all but ignored? The Colts are sure as hell going to come after us w/Dallas Clark so I think we should to the same.

Is it just me or is he being all but ignored? The Colts are sure as hell going to come after us w/Dallas Clark so I think we should to the same.

are u kidding??

Que? More rushing plays? More recieving plays? How is Evans comparable to Clark? Are they the same number? Im confuszzed.

Let his wife do it. On the football field, he's Mr. 1.8 ypc.

are u kidding??

Clark is a tight end / slot hybrid.

What the hell does Evans have to do with anything? Pretty sure giving evans more touches in the colts game would = no running game.

I'd give Kyle Eckel more touches than Heath Evans, and I don't want him to see the ball that often either.

Last edited:
Heath actually has decent hands and is a surprise threat to catch out of the backfield. Didn't he just do that at least once last week? He's got a nice feel for the route to the flat, and he has surprising speed for a big man once he catches the ball. He's obviously good in short yardage when you're missing Sammy.

Is he a better deal than Eckyl? I think at that level (second tier) it really doesn't matter who gets the touches.

Maybe the OP meant that we should use a surprise weapon on the Colts, but if so, I'd rather see Chad Jackson get the touches.

Actually, I'd like to see Logan Mankins raise his ypc up a little from negative 9 to around zero. Right? Am I right? You get a nine yard catch from Logan at the eight yard line of the Colts and what do you have? SIX POINTS from the best receiver on the field.

Couldn't disagree more. I cringe every time Evans touches the football.

Evans' versatility is useful and all, but this seems like an odd thread to me.

Heath actually has decent hands and is a surprise threat to catch out of the backfield. Didn't he just do that at least once last week? He's got a nice feel for the route to the flat, and he has surprising speed for a big man once he catches the ball. He's obviously good in short yardage when you're missing Sammy.
Is he a better deal than Eckyl? I think at that level (second tier) it really doesn't matter who gets the touches.

Actually, he's obviously not good in short yardage situations....have you been watching Pats games this season? Evans might be a big guy, but he isn't running with the power of a big back.

When it comes to receptions out of the backfield I'd give him one or two shots a game, but if we're talking about running the ball (especially in short yardage) I'm giving the ball to Eckel first. Also, Faulk is a much better receiving option, and Maroney can catch the ball too (22 receptions in 2006). Maroney's been open a few times out of the backfield this season, but there's usually also someone else open. I would like to see NE get them a little more involved in the passing game though.

I'd give Kyle Eckel more touches than Heath Evans.

Heath actually has decent hands.

These two sentences needed to be seen together.

I can only conclude that Evans' agent or wife started this thread. Good lord. Repeat after me........Heath Evans SUCKS. The less he plays the better.

Heath Evans is basically Randy Moss without opportunity. He's right on the verge of breaking out!

LMAO, this is a funny thread.

Definitely, GO HEATH!!!

You mean the moron who cost the New England Patriots five crucial yards against the Colts during the 2006 AFC Championship late in the fourth quarter?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...Page=tab_play_by_play&season=2006&week=POST20

New England Patriots at 03:22
1-10-NE 40 (3:22) PENALTY on NE-H.Evans, Offensive 12 On-field, 5 yards, enforced at NE 40 - No Play.

Last edited:
Is this the same clown that used to start all those Mike Elgin threads?

"Mike Elgin just cut by Jets! Any Interest??!!!"

Heath is a GREAT candy bar

Not so good NFL player

If it was not for his so-so decent blocking skills he would be a stock clerk at Walmart

He is a fullback... he is supposed to block.

Isn't he????

I guess he does an alright job, but... I would focus on other players.

How about passing more to Jabbar?

How about getting Chad Jackson, or Kelly Washington more opps?

Makes just as much sens too me.

You mean the moron who cost the New England Patriots five crucial yards against the Colts during the 2006 AFC Championship late in the fourth quarter?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...Page=tab_play_by_play&season=2006&week=POST20

New England Patriots at 03:22
1-10-NE 40 (3:22) PENALTY on NE-H.Evans, Offensive 12 On-field, 5 yards, enforced at NE 40 - No Play.

I don't know why this guy is on the team either, but why do people always target one or two bad plays? We should be judging the entire year. This is just like the Caldwell thing or the Patrick Pass hatred.

I remember our hopes ending with a badly thrown Brady INT in that game, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes