PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heath Evan rips NFL, NFLN, ESPN & Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong words from Heath, but not exactly breaking news here.

I think we've all known that Brady's reputation would be tarnished in some form. That's not really debatable at this point. The only question is how much?

That won't be answered until this whole thing plays out with a ruling and appeal.

Good for Evans for taking a stand when he works at NFLN. The d.ckheads can say whatever they want but there will be no denying who is GOAT when Brady retires with most Rings, Wins, Playoff Wins, and Super Bowl MVP's. The haters can drop dead.

The media loves Peyton but his GOAT talk died the day they lost to Seattle. It's Brady and Montana, and Brady isn't done.

Strong, good words.​

Good for Evans for taking a stand when he works at NFLN. The d.ckheads can say whatever they want but there will be no denying who is GOAT when Brady retires with most Rings, Wins, Playoff Wins, and Super Bowl MVP's. The haters can drop dead.

The media loves Peyton but his GOAT talk died the day they lost to Seattle. It's Brady and Montana, and Brady isn't done.

Evans has been irrate about this since the start. As far as your post, i couldnt agree with what you said more. Well put.

I can see bradys name and reputation restored but it won't for a long time, maybe twenty years.

While he'll never be 100% free, long doses of time and a media which moves on will have a way of softening impact for the vast majority. Once this is over, the media will go back to talking about Brady as a football player, with less and less mention of the controversy and the general public hearing it will begin to dutifully revert to their previous position on Brady, whatever that happened to be, aside from the ultra haters who will never be convinced even if Goodell comes out and says the whole investigation was a complete sham. Ray Lewis is a good example, going from potentially charged in a murder to hero in a decade and getting a statue outside the stadium.

I think this is why the suspension is so important. If there is none, there is the potential for this to become truly a very small footnote, that might not even be mentioned in legacy pieces. However, if he does sit out a game or two, it's going to have a slightly larger impact, being mentioned any time his career is summarized, particularly after he retires.

Has Tedy spoke out recently? I haven't heard anything but haven't turned espn on either.

This is why we need the MFL and all of its cohorts: Pash, GoToHell, Kensil, Vincent.... to be exposed and convicted (at least in the court of public opinion). This league is a sham. The fans are being misled and sold a bill of goods. This product, the fans are paying for, isn't the product the MFL is advertising.. It's fake.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JJC
unfortunately brady's legacy is tarnished thanks to espn/nfl network.
thanks to them brady is seen as some monster which is totally ridiculous.

just hoping at this point, berman throws the suspension out.

Evans also slammed the NFL for their lock out of the players and Bountygate. And, he did all of this on the NFL network.

Nor will Goodell's.

unfortunately brady's legacy is tarnished thanks to espn/nfl network.
thanks to them brady is seen as some monster which is totally ridiculous.

just hoping at this point, berman throws the suspension out.

I fear that even with the suspension being vacated the damage to Tom's name has been done. After everything he has accomplished the idea that in most people's minds there will be an asterisk next to his name is beyond unfair. The character assassination that has occurred over the last seven months is astonishing.

Not sure if Tom is up for it, but I really would like him to pursue a defamation case even if the suspension is lifted.

This may be a weak point, but I'm really waiting for Goodell to screw something up. Another scandal this year, something that splatters all over Goodell and sticks. I think that his addiction to calling attention to himself is hubris.

I fear that even with the suspension being vacated the damage to Tom's name has been done. After everything he has accomplished the idea that in most people's minds there will be an asterisk next to his name is beyond unfair. The character assassination that has occurred over the last seven months is astonishing.

Not sure if Tom is up for it, but I really would like him to pursue a defamation case even if the suspension is lifted.

the damage will even worse if the suspension is upheld.
the micheals silvers of the world will say, " see patriot fans, even a judge found him guilty "..smh that will be the new narrative on espn/nfl network.

Heath Evans was one of the best to wear a saints uniform, and one of the only reasons we won a SB. He has courage and conviction, and is taking a big risk saying these things. We always love him and respected him. He speaks the truth as he sees it, and will probably catch hell for it, but thats Heath.
WTG Evans we miss you in N.O. always

Last edited:
So true...his name outside of us here Pats fans...is nothing anymore. But i couldn't careless

4x SB Champion and the GOAT

TFB can actually clear his name very quickly, he just needs to put up numbers. The more GOAT performances he puts up, with the balls being watched like crazy, the more people will think of this as a big witch-hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes