PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HEATH and K.WASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB15

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
oh my god did these guys come to play or what

Evans is such a beast, the guy does his job to a T. Just perfect blocking, that guy is the man.

Washington has been on fire all year on special teams, what a player

big games for both yesturday

Evans is such a beast, the guy does his job to a T. Just perfect blocking, that guy is the man.

Yeah, props to both of them. Absolutely key plays by both players.
Also, special teams units were all awesome in the game, especially kick return.

difference makers

Good call,They both played great and made Big Plays! They made the Plays that Champions make !

Washington is seriously the best special teamer I have seen since Steve Tasker (and Tasker should be a hall of famer). He's unbelievable at what he does.

Washington is seriously the best special teamer I have seen since Steve Tasker (and Tasker should be a hall of famer). He's unbelievable at what he does.
That block by Evans at the goal line for Maroney!...
He took out not one but two sure tacklers who most likely would've stopped Maroney. Great Job. Second best play of the game after Faulks diving catch for first down.
Give Wash the third game ball for the punt save.

Last edited:
Earlier in the season I was of the mind Washington's not worth the big bonus payment he's due...

Kinda leaning the other way now...

Seconded! In pre-season I asked who would handle the short plow ahead running game... I predicted Heath could do the job but I didn;'t expect he'd do it so well - he's grown into a very very good player, thanks mainly to his heart

Washington had all the potential to become a disgruntled player upset he wasn't getting a chance to start... he turned that frustration into something positive and I expect he'll be back next season even with his salary jumping the way it does. BB likes to reward that type of play and attitude.

Wait 2 months and people will be screaming as usual to pick a rookie in 4th round and cut heath.

Washington had all the potential to become a disgruntled player upset he wasn't getting a chance to start... he turned that frustration into something positive and I expect he'll be back next season even with his salary jumping the way it does. BB likes to reward that type of play and attitude.

Don't know about next year, but totally agreed that Washington has impressed the heck out of me this year. For a WR to go the whole season without catching a single pass, but stay so positive and work so hard to be a Pro-Bowl caliber ST contributor -- that takes a lot of character.

Larry Izzo's career is winding down.. He isn't what he once was, regardeless that he was picked for the probowl, Probowl honors sometimes go on memory more than any other thing. Kelly W, Piere W, and Willie Andrews have risen up to take over. If Mel Mitichell is healthy next year, he is an added ST maven and younger too.

I'd like Kelly back with a re-negotiation.

As far a Heath Evans is concerned, he has evolved into a very good lead FB. He can also dig for the short yadage in dives, and he has one other talent. He is a better than average receiver as a FB. In short, he fills at least three spots on the roster, not to mention contributing on the ST, too. Unlike many blocking bacsk who come inot the league , he came in as a big RB rather than a FB. That usually means good running ability but little blocking expereience. Heath was htat way when he arrived at the Pats, but hehas grown in htat ability, under Belichick. H ealso serves as a good guide for young Lomo poinitng andspringing holes for him at the point of attack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye