PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heard back from Jackie MacMullan re., "Tattoogate"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borg, it's on his arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She didn't have to be Woodward and Bernstein to check it before she published it to hundreds of thousands of readers.

You right, she made it all up, reputation be damned. Probably alot short sleeves being worn in January,too...and probably alot of female reporters asking players to remove articles of clothing. Come on.

You right, she made it all up, reputation be damned. Probably alot short sleeves being worn in January,too...and probably alot of female reporters asking players to remove articles of clothing. Come on.

Give it up, dude. It's on his triceps, he would not need to have disrobed to show it to her. If she did interview him in person, it would've been unprofessional of her NOT to insist on seeing it. That's why I think she did it over the phone.

Ok, now you're just being silly. Other options have been put forth, but you're just pouting.

Give it up, dude. It's on his triceps, he would not need to have disrobed to show it to her. If she did interview him in person, it would've been unprofessional of her NOT to insist on seeing it. That's why I think she did it over the phone.

Not sure the point your trying to make...If she did the interview over the phone then she is a blatant fabricator?

"Remove articles of clothing"????????????

It's on his freaking arm, just above his elbow.

A few posts ago you were claiming it was on his right ass cheek.

Conclusion:

You don't know your ass from your elbow.

Why are you assuming that she's telling the truth with no deliberate, or mistaken, errors/falsehoods in her responses?

I actually think Jackie might be telling the truth on this one. As I said before I find Samuel's claims of misrepresentation a bit fishy. I think the tattoo meant exactly what he told reporters at the time it meant "Get Paid"/get rich. The fact that he later claimed the tattoo represented his favorite song but didn't even know the creators (goodie mob) was a bit strange to me. I mean, who loves a song enough to have it etched into their flesh but yet doesn't know the origin of said song? Again, the entire thing is a bit strange and his claims are a bit fishy.

Last edited:
I actually think Jackie might be telling the truth on this one. As I said before I find Samuel's claims of misrepresentation a bit fishy. I think the tattoo meant exactly what he told reporters at the time it meant "Get Paid"/get rich. The fact that he later claimed the tattoo represented his favorite song but didn't even know the creators (goodie mob) was a bit strange to me. I mean, who loves a song enough to have it etched into their flesh but yet doesn't know the origin of said song? Again, the entire thing is a bit strange and his claims are a bit fishy.

Don't let the fanboys read this....remember Patriots good, rest of world bad

Yes, he had an agenda. He did NOT have a tattoo that said "Get Paid." Two different things. Believing he had such a crass message engraved on his arm that supposedly reflected his primary motivation in life made me think differently of him.

Question, have any of you actually seen Asante's Tattoo? I'm just saying let's not take for granted what his tattoo does or doesn't say at this point.

Here is, word for word, what Jackie MacMullan wrote to begin her article:

Check out Asante Samuel's tattoo: Get Paid.
_________

"Check out Asante Samuel's tattoo"??????????????????????????

SHE didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it didn't say "Get Paid".

How are you going to spin that?

I actually think Jackie might be telling the truth on this one. As I said before I find Samuel's claims of misrepresentation a bit fishy. I think the tattoo meant exactly what he told reporters at the time it meant "Get Paid". The fact that he later claimed the tattoo represented his favorite song but didn't even know the creators (goodie mob) was a bit strange to me. I mean, who loves a song enough to have it etched into their flesh but yet doesn't know the origin of said song? Again, the entire thing is a bit strange and his claims are a bit fishy.

Let's make basic assumptions.

1. All the media people are telling the truth and are correct.

leads to

2. there being multiple meetings for the interview, during which times it was not merely phone conversation:

Shots has been told by separate Pats' beat insiders that the first sit-down took place closer to 10 days ago (around the run-up to the Titans game). There was also, we have been informed, two follow-ups to the original sit-down.

Further, it seems the Patriots had a PR staff member sit in on the initial interview. It is doubtful, however, that the follow-ups between Samuel and MacMullan were “supervised.” (Don’t even get us started on the disdain we have for organizations that insist – or even ask – for permission to sit in on a one-on-one interview. By definition, it would no longer be a one-on-one.)

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/shots/2007_01.php

3. The tattoo was in an easily accessible place:

raising his left sleeve to show off the “Get Rich To This” tattoo.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1037410

There..... 3 quick assumptions based solely upon the integrity of the various reporters.

At best, McMullan was sloppy for not asking to see the tattoo, not writing it down properly, not checking the final column, or some other quality control failure. At worst, she deliberately lied about the tattoo. As I've said, I doubt the notion of a deliberate lie to be true, but there's no proof that it's not.

Question, have any of you actually seen Asante's Tattoo? I'm just saying let's not take for granted what his tattoo does or doesn't say at this point.

Wake up, please.

It's already been posted in this very thread what Guregian wrote today:

"On Christmas break, he went to a tattoo parlor and braved the drill and needle. He had the name of the song etched on his left triceps. It’s called “Get Rich To This.” The words are spread top to bottom, encircling the visage of a building."

Is THAT a clear enough description of the tattoo for you?

Do you need any more detail?

I have noticed that none of Asante's teammates are in much of a hurry to pat him on the back after a big play. Look at the film, I don't think they like him.

Please don't start with this crap. You remind me of Tom Jackson's now famous, "The Patriots HATE their coach..."

How the F....can you say something so idiotic man. Even if they do feel that way, how on earth can you determine this? Are you replaying interceptions and then slow-mo-ing the players reaction?

That's a funny picture:cool:

That doesn't change the fact that McMullen felt she just HAD to publish it. If anyone thinks THAT is her job, then journalism has become a very sorry profession. To me, that is not even news worth reporting. And the fact she waited until the day of the playoff game tells me she planned that for maximum effect...CONCLUSION: She is a bottom feeding self-serving writer in search of glory.

Honestly, this should never have even made it to print. IT'S A FREAKIN' TATTOO!! WHO CARES?

She just wrote her own destiny never to be great.

Last edited:
Here is, word for word, what Jackie MacMullan wrote to begin her article:

Check out Asante Samuel's tattoo: Get Paid.
_________

"Check out Asante Samuel's tattoo"??????????????????????????

SHE didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it didn't say "Get Paid".

How are you going to spin that?

I'm not a big fan of man hands and I'm surprised anyone would believe me to be after reading some of my comments regarding her.

I noticed that Karen basically said she's witnessed the tattoo (going by her talking about his revealing the tattoo and showing it off). Thing is in a different report (the first time it came out his tattoo might not say "get paid") Asante just said the song was by "Gnarles Barkley" and didn't say anything about the Goodie Mob. Also, it was a member of Gnarls (Cee-lo) not the actual group Gnarls barkley who was a part of that effort. Considering Karen claimed to have seen the tattoo I'd believe her, but I still think it's rather funny the guy doesn't even have all his facts straight as to the origin and even now only seems to be about half correct, lol!

Now, where I was saying Jackie MIGHT be telling the truth is in that she believed his tattoo said "get paid" either from his telling her this or from his basic description of said tattoo. While I'm not putting anything past just about anybody in the media (especially man hands) someone's tattoo just seems like a strange thing to make up a story about. If anything I'd believe it to be more a case of bad reporting on her part. Again it just doesn't seem like she'd completely make that one up, but in saying that you never know.

Anways, it's a f*ckin' tattoo guys. I know guys with much, much, much worse tattoo's and it doesn't make them a piece of sh*t! The problem is a lot of fans have a tendency of jumping the gun, turning on one of their once favorite players if they believe he doesn't feel quite the same way about the team they so love. I find it hard to believe many of you would have given a flying F.. what Asante's tattoo said if you didn't believe he wanted out for bigger bucks. If he'd been in the middle of his contract and acting happy as a camper it's probably safe to say a lot of you would have come up with a ton of excuses for the tattoo.

Hey, it's just human nature to back those you believe part of the same frat, but let's not kid ourselves into believing this dynamic doesn't exist on these Patriots message boards.

Last edited:
Wake up, please.

It's already been posted in this very thread what Guregian wrote today:

"On Christmas break, he went to a tattoo parlor and braved the drill and needle. He had the name of the song etched on his left triceps. It’s called “Get Rich To This.” The words are spread top to bottom, encircling the visage of a building."

Is THAT a clear enough description of the tattoo for you?

Do you need any more detail?

Something fly up your arse? Bit rude for a mod aren't we? If you haven't noticed I'm usually pretty nice to people so I'd expect the same, especially from a moderator of this board.

Let's make basic assumptions.

1. All the media people are telling the truth and are correct.

leads to

2. there being multiple meetings for the interview, during which times it was not merely phone conversation:

3. The tattoo was in an easily accessible place:

There..... 3 quick assumptions based solely upon the integrity of the various reporters.

At best, McMullan was sloppy for not asking to see the tattoo, not writing it down properly, not checking the final column, or some other quality control failure. At worst, she deliberately lied about the tattoo. As I've said, I doubt the notion of a deliberate lie to be true, but there's no proof that it's not.

Only problem, the interviews took place before the man had his tattoo. Face it, your boy played her and she eagerly jumped on it.

Only problem, the interviews took place before the man had his tattoo. Face it, your boy played her and she eagerly jumped on it.

Wrong again.....

On Christmas break, he went to a tattoo parlor and braved the drill and needle.

January 9, 2007
A$ante's Interview Timing a Bit Off

By David Scott
Boston Sports Media Watch

Just a quick follow-up on the Asante Samuel/Jackie MacMullan ‘saga’, as it were.

It appears that Samuel was not entirely truthful when he told Julian Benbow the JMack interview took place “three or four weeks ago” ( as he did in Benbow’s Globe story from Monday).

Shots has been told by separate Pats' beat insiders that the first sit-down took place closer to 10 days ago (around the run-up to the Titans game). There was also, we have been informed, two follow-ups to the original sit-down.

The Titans game was played on the 31st.

Might I suggest that you read what we've been posting AND what we've linked to? It'll save us all a lot of trouble and, hopefully, prevent you from feeling resentful over the constant corrections we seemingly have to make regarding your posts.

P.S. He's not my "boy". You made an assumption with no evidence to back it up. When I pointed this out, you made a snide remark in response: "I get you point...Media bad, Patriots players good". Since then, I've simply shown the evidence that we have. The pertinent evidence that is currently known runs contrary to your opinion.

Last edited:

Actually, Guregian points out that he got the tattoo in College.

That makes it even worse, since MacMullan could easily have checked it.

Something fly up your arse? Bit rude for a mod aren't we? If you haven't noticed I'm usually pretty nice to people so I'd expect the same, especially from a moderator of this board.

Rude is calling people names like "Man Hands".

Jackie MacMullan happens to be a fine writer who has done wrong in this matter. No reason to disrespect her unfairly with that kind of nomenclature.
That has nothing to do with the point.

My post merely pointed out that you either weren't paying attention to important facts that were already made clear, or you chose to ignore them.

Writing "wake up" or "do you need any more detail" is relevant to your post and doesn't unfairly bring up "man hands" as your posts have.

Can't argue with you there, Sebman, I've certainly lowered my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes