PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Health status heading into SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing we have 15 guys on IR, but the Team still seems complete anyways.

I think we could certainly use Seau, Geno, Randy, Tebuckey, Gardner, Davis, yada yada yada...

Yeah, that is how I was thinking - we are so complete even without the Depth and Talent on our IR - It's easy to forget about them.

Good news re: Dillon:

I just saw the ESPN website - in the ESPN Motion area, they have a clip of Rachel Nichols interviewing Asante Samuel on the field after the game and you can see a smiling Corey Dillon over Samuel's shoulder laughing and talking to (I think) a Jet. CD seemed at ease and moving well.

I haven't seen any post game comments from Gaffney, but maybe I missed something. Was he in the locker room?

Good news re: Dillon:

I just saw the ESPN website - in the ESPN Motion area, they have a clip of Rachel Nichols interviewing Asante Samuel on the field after the game and you can see a smiling Corey Dillon over Samuel's shoulder laughing and talking to (I think) a Jet. CD seemed at ease and moving well.

If anybody remembers Jim Brown, he looked like he was going to die every time he went back to the huddle.

Power runners are in pain most of the time, masked by adrenalin.

I imagine after Corey's last run, (a 7 yd. gain on 3rd and one), he relaxed and probably started aching from about 7-8 places while Lawrence carried down the stretch.

I think most great power backs retire because because of the pain, more than the inability to cut it anymore.

Jim Brown had 1544 yards in a 14 game season with 5.3 yards a carry, then retired without a season ending injury.

It's when they relax and have to face another training camp.

Dillon would have retired if he was still on the Bengals IMO. He is loving playing for a real team and this is driving him.

With Maroney to share carries I think he can play a year or two and he's the best power runner in football right now if you ask me.

Of course The best runner of this era is coming next week.

Career wise, he's the only current back who can compare to Dillon in his prime IMHO.

Last edited:
Of course The best runner of this era is coming next week.

Your words that i didn't quote ... all ring perfectly true, Ray.

As to LDT, you also are correct.
I almost can't wait for the threads this week that explore
how we MIGHT corral that charger.

Since BB's first defensive objective is to take away what the other O does best ...
undoubtedly this is topic #1 deep within the bowels of The Razor.

Your thoughts?

Your words that i didn't quote ... all ring perfectly true, Ray.

As to LDT, you also are correct.
I almost can't wait for the threads this week that explore
how we MIGHT corral that charger.

Since BB's first defensive objective is to take away what the other O does best ...
undoubtedly this is topic #1 deep within the bowels of The Razor.

Your thoughts?

LdT is the best running back bar none. Thankfully, the supporting cast won't rise to the challenge a la Barry Sanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes