Welcome to PatsFans.com

Health Care

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by emoney_33, May 14, 2011.

1. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Release: Single-Payer, Medicare-for-All Legislation Introduced - Newsroom: U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders (Vermont)

Legislation - Health Care: U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders (Vermont)

I am very happy that a single payer proposal has been introduced, hopefully we can avoid the influence of big money that will come down against this bill.
  2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

The problem is that Bernie either is foolish enough to believe that you can guarantee unlimited services to all people, or he knows that he is using deceitful language. As I've said before: you have a choice between a higher risk of dying from major illness or a risk of personal bankruptcy. I prefer the latter.
  3. Why?PJ

Why?PJ Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is an embarrassment that as every single country that has tried single payer healthcare is seeing it fail miserably and private health care taking over the USA decides to ignore that fact and do something else stupid.

Well, besides sweden, that center of communist thought. But I am not paying 80% of my income just to get cheaper anything.
  4. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I would like to see data that points to single payer healthcare as increasing the risk of dying from major illness. We have higher health care costs, a higher infant mortality rate and a lower average lifespan than other major countries with universal health care.

Health insurance provides motive to both increase premiums and decrease benefits as much as possible. This very motive is counterproductive to healthcare. We provide emergency care for all, which is a backwards way to handle it. Preventative care is cheaper and longer lasting, yet people have incentive to avoid care until it is an emergency. We end up paying this price anyway, which is a much higher price than should exist.

The majority of doctors feel we should have universal healthcare. It is only the wallets of the health insurance industry that is feeding this crap that it is bad.

Please provide this data that every country with single payer is failing.

Our system does NOT work.

[​IMG]