Welcome to PatsFans.com

Health Care Ruling Challenge - Now 3 - 2

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

A federal trial judge in Washington, D.C., Tuesday bluntly rejected the latest legal challenge to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, ruling that the "individual mandate" requirement in the new federal health care law was a legitimate exercise of congressional power to regulate the nation's health insurance initiatives.

Third Federal Judge OKs Affordable Care Act

Shall we dance in glee and gloat like those "against" did a few weeks ago in Florida or shall we smile and behave sedately and wait for it to reach the Supreme Court?
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's exactly why I don't get the glee/uproar over each individual ruling. We all know where this is going, so it's kinda moot until then. But, I wouldn't say that "behaving sedately" is really the way many in politics/political commentary operate today, haha.

By the way, I like the term "Health Care Ruling Challenge"... I suggest trademarking it and then selling for the inevitable news specials surrounding this thing when it does go to the SCotUS.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Thank you, thank you. It's very "google-able," isn't it? LOL

I do freelance writing and it's always a big plus to come up with terms that people will use often enough that search engines will recognize them and move your particular article to the top of the page.

It's all about recognition - and the Benjamins, of course.
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It is quite "google-able," yes. I can see why you would be good at phrasing thing in such a way if you do freelance writing. I did freelance editing for a year when I was laid off, and you really do have to keep on top of your game to get work (and keep it coming). I found it really fun though, as odd as it sounds, and the flexible schedule is great. I miss that, though I don't miss the time between jobs wondering when the next would come.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

This case was based on religious reasons, I believe.