Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
On WEEI today and NFL network tonight on TOtal Access

heads up guys

Right now 12.15 PM

Last edited:
Interesting comments in that he confirms that the management team was on the same page with both the Moss and Meriweather acquisitions. He in no way implies or alludes to any win now desperation, as he's talking about stability now and in the future.

He states that it's too unpredictable to determine how the team will be next year as it's impossible to know all that can happen between now and then. Good stuff!

Pioli also said they've already started on the 2008 draft as they have 5 first day picks and "we don't want to screw that up!"

Last edited:
Pioli also said they've already started on the 2008 draft as they have 5 first day picks and "we don't want to screw that up!"

Question...Has anyone read about the perceived strengths of the 2008 draft class? If so, can you provide links. Thanks.

Question...Has anyone read about the perceived strengths of the 2008 draft class? If so, can you provide links. Thanks.
Not sure any general consensus would give us an idea of how the Pats view the 2008 draft class. That's really the only opinion that counts, as BB & SP have stated that they really didn't highly value the average quality of player in the 2007 draft where other teams did.

Here's one opinion :

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3483172&postcount=10

"I really like OL and DL next year... WR and RB could be very solid when you look at the underclassmen who could declare. CB the same way.

The SOPH class from last year was great so it depends on who declares.

Weak spots. Again, I think TE is weak again, I also think S is weak, but you know there will be some to jump way up. But I really like the OL and DL starting out."

Also a thread on 3-4 OLB :

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8645

"Any guys who would make kickass OLBs in the NFL?

2008 seems loaded with 1st round talent at the position. Theres the guy from TCU, USC (2/3 of them), Ohio St, and so on right off the top of my head who would make kickass OLBs."

But it's way too early with no games having been played and no clue who'll come out. This time last year Quentin Moses was top ten and Marcus McCauley was top fifteen.

Here's one opinion :

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3483172&postcount=10

"I really like OL and DL next year... WR and RB could be very solid when you look at the underclassmen who could declare. CB the same way.

The SOPH class from last year was great so it depends on who declares.

Weak spots. Again, I think TE is weak again, I also think S is weak, but you know there will be some to jump way up. But I really like the OL and DL starting out."

Also a thread on 3-4 OLB :

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8645

"Any guys who would make kickass OLBs in the NFL?

2008 seems loaded with 1st round talent at the position. Theres the guy from TCU, USC (2/3 of them), Ohio St, and so on right off the top of my head who would make kickass OLBs."

But it's way too early with no games having been played and no clue who'll come out. This time last year Quentin Moses was top ten and Marcus McCauley was top fifteen.

Ask and yee shall receive.
Thanks BelichickFan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes