PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heads Up Patriots Faithful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going 14-2 then losing in the playoffs at home in the first round is unacceptable. Pats had 2 weeks to prepare and the jets played last week.

No such thing as a moral victory. This is the second year in a row the pats lost at home in a playoff game that they should have won. It has also been 3 years since they last won a playoff game. I am not convinced BB and the pats have what it takes to be good in the playoffs anymore. It may be time for a change.

you kniow what a funride is? its going 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7 and beating the defending SB champions in the play-offs to advance then lose in the divisional.that is unexpected and FUN. not going 14-2 and losing to a bunch of immature crap talking players and coaches..But heyb the Patriots made history today as well as all the other accolades this season. I dont think anytime did 2 1st seeds ever lose to 2 six seeds to make the Conf championships in the same season.Hell it might be 2 SIX seeds in the SB.

Last edited:
you kniow what a funride is? its going 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7 and beating the defending SB champions in the play-offs to advance then lose in the divisional.that is unexpected and FUN. not going 14-2 and losing to a bunch of immature crap talking players and coaches..But heyb the Patriots made history today as well as all the other accolades this season. I dont think anytime did 2 1st seeds ever lose to 2 six seeds to make the Conf championships in the same season.Hell it might be 2 SIX seeds in the SB.

Nobody's saying the ending was fun.

Going 14-2 then losing in the playoffs at home in the first round is unacceptable. Pats had 2 weeks to prepare and the jets played last week.

No such thing as a moral victory. This is the second year in a row the pats lost at home in a playoff game that they should have won. It has also been 3 years since they last won a playoff game. I am not convinced BB and the pats have what it takes to be good in the playoffs anymore. It may be time for a change.

I hope you aren't implying that BB needs to go, b/c that is absolutely rediculous. Don't get me wrong, last year the pats should have won against the ravens, and tonite they should have beat the jets, but hey, everybody is gunning for the pats and giving them their absolute best game. It really should come as no surprise that the pats lost. I was nervous about this game all week and my fears were realized. That said, the patriots have numerous draft pick's that will be spent wisely I'M SURE, and next year (assuming there is a next year) looks to be pretty good for the patriots.

We couldn't even change field position in this game. Of course there's no such thing as a moral victory here. The rest of your post is a little ridiculous though.

Last edited:
Have to agree with crowell. It's hard to keep my head up when we look utterly awful when the playoffs roll around. It's depressing.

We play the best teams who are highly motivated and focused. We are a young team with lots of young talent yet inexperience. There is a lot to look forward to next year.

I think a lot of fans, including myself, are disappointed about the wasted opportunity this year because Brady is aging out of his 'prime years'. I think we are all pretty nervous about the post-Brady Patriots, and the urgency to win the SB seems to increase every year. Brady still has 3-5 years left in the tank to be a great QB. In 3-5 years, hopefully the youth of the team develop into great players like Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest, Seymour, etc. and the playoff victories roll out.

'Disappointed but not devastated'. 'Much to look forward to next year'.

Go Sox!

It has also been 3 years since they last won a playoff game. I am not convinced BB and the pats have what it takes to be good in the playoffs anymore. It may be time for a change.

I think the disappointment and anger from the loss is clouding your judgement a bit.

2008 - Brady is hurt, they don't make the playoffs.
2009 - All of our veteran leadership, and a lot of our best players on defense left. Many young players on the team.
2010 - Disappointing end to the season, but still the team is very young and despite the lack of reports, the Patriots suffered some very serious injuries before and throughout the season.
2011 - More youth development, high draft picks, and a team with a little bit more experience.

If you are insinuating that Belichick needs to be fired or anything close to that, you should strongly consider what he has done to reshape and retool the team (defense especially). Brady says it all the time, there is only one Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Richard Seymour, etc. These players are some of the best players to wear the Patriots uniform, and certainly some of the best defensive players in their generation.

Did I expect more from Brady this post-season? Hell yes. Am I satisfied with how the season ended? **** no. But I am excited for the future and you should be too.

after last night i am completely sure of the following.

you need a good quarterback to get you through the regular season, you need a good defense and running game to get through the post season.

sooner or later you run into a defense who can shut down your one star player, this year it was the jets, last year it was the ravens and in 2007 it was the giants.

should the patriots have beaten the jets? probably, but going against a division opponent is tough, especially one who is as defensive-centric as the jets, people just dont want to accept the fact that Rex Ryan created a remarkable gameplan to confuse brady.

With Belichick we've enjoyed a sizable coaching advantage over just about every team. It's not that he's really a "genius", but rather a case in which most coaches are simply not very good. Even guys w/Hall of Fame credentials like Mike Holmgren are actually pretty poor. If you don't agree, go watch the Super Bowl with the Seahawks and Steelers. The clock and game management were atrocious.

Anyhow, back to my point, when we face a coach with a creative and intelligent game plan, our primary advantage is minimized. Belichick's greatest advantage is in recognizing the tendencies of opposing teams. But when you beat a team 45-3, that team has no choice but to scrap their game plan and start over. The Jets did that by implementing a very unconventional game plan that mixed zone and man coverages. It was the first time we'd seen it and we struggled with finding its weaknesses. The same thing happened in the Super Bowl.

This is why the Jets were the matchup I feared the most before the playoffs began. Getting beat 45-3 gave them an advantage. I'm not talking about the motivational factor but the strategic one.

Despite all that we very easily could've/should've won this game if not for a number of key mistakes. The interception on the first possession took away a minimum of 3 points. Crumpler's drop took away another 4. Chung's mishap led to 7 pts for the Jets. When you break it all down, the Jets really only had two drives against us all game netting them 14 points (their last TD was the result of the onside kick and corresponding return).

Take away those few mistakes and we likely win this game, despite Rex's excellent gameplan. Having said all that, it was clear that the Jets were overplaying our passing game. Their entire plan was geared around stopping our passing game. In much the same way the Bills blew an opportunity by not running the ball against Belichick's "Just let them run" gameplan with the Giants in Super Bowl XXV, I feel we blew that opportunity as well. There were opportunities to be had in the running game, but we only seemed to run in predictable moments. The OC needs to study the Jets gameplan and improve at making the adjustments. **** Vermeil's Chief's used to frequently run on passing downs and that was why they were so effective. A little bit more of that could have gone a long way against the Jets last night.

At the end of the day, the Jets played better and deserved to win. It's a disappointing loss but I'll take this over the type of loss we had to the Broncos in the 2005 playoffs where it could be argued that poor officiating stole that game from us. This one hurts but with all the young players on our roster, I'm still exciting by what's still to come. I think we have a team that will LEARN a lot from this disappointment.

I expect that as soon as the Super Bowl is over, Vegas will establish the Pats as the favorites to win the SB in 2012.

The nightmare that occured to me 3 days prior to the game somehow came true. However, that being said, its time to chilll out for a couple of weeks and or months. Yes, we didnt play well in the playoffs in the latter half of the decade, one could say we regressed towards the mean given the playoff success in the early part. That being said, this is just the beginning. Mediots have been predicting the end of the greatriots for 3 years now.

Our team far exceeded expectations. We will regroup in the offseason. The rookies will get better, Price will develop into a receiving threat, we will aquire another stud receiver somewhere, and definantly find a pass rusher. In my opinion, we were around 3 players away from an unbeatable team.

We just have to pray the jets choke in pittsburgh, and the Jets annoyance will be soon come to an end.

Brady isn't going anywhere and will soon be equipped with some recievers. The tight ends are great but will be even greater with another WR threat and a defensive line that can apply some pressure to the other qb. Our secondary and linebacking core will only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back